Battery life shocking from new told to run on low speed - not acceptable
Battery life is not acceptable at all, when speaking to customer service when unit was new I was advised not to use it on High as this will drain the battery faster, however on slow speed it does not clean as well especially on carpet with dog hairs this means it is not fit for purpose.
Unit is just out of warranty and battery lasts a total of 1.5 minutes and Dyson will not consider a warranty or goodwill on battery even though I had issues from the start and especially when family members purchased same units same day and they have experienced same issues, however Dyson replaced their batteries.
Would never buy a Dyson battery operated device again never had an issue with Electrolux in the past and their customer service.
Questions & Answers
We have hardwood floors throughout our house but we also have a long haired dog. I know the V8 animal is designed for pets and we are very open to that fact, however my question is, would the standard Dyson V8 do the job just as well [or close to as well] given the hard floor consideration or do you really only recommend the animal or animal plus version even with hard floors? Huge thanks!
Hey there, Lauren, there's been a recent update to the Dyson V8™ vacuums, and the Dyson V8 Animal ™ isn't part of our current range. All the models currently listed here: https://www.dyson.com.au/prod...ucts/vacuum-cleaners/stick-vacuums/dyson-v8/overview# will be suitable to use in homes with pets on both hard floors and carpets. The Hair screw tool™ and Motorbar™ Cleaner head are fantastic new tools designed to help with hair-pick up. A Fluffy™ cleaner head is a handy specialised tool for hard floors. At the time of writing, this tool may be purchased separately for Dyson V8™ vacuums.
Can't put the top back into the canister. Any ideas?
Did you ha e to change the battery?
Once you’ve got the bin open, feel free to remove and reattach the cyclone and bin - it may help to realign things if the parts had become slightly out of alignment. As shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HasqpSd3Xfw...If you're still struggling feel free to drop in to the front counter at a Dyson owned service centre with your machine, the counter team will be happy to help, our service centres are located here: https://www.dyson.com.au/dyson-service-centres
Why isnt a crevice tool included in the V8 origin package?
Hi Di, each models machine variation will have different accessories included with the machine. The Dyson V8™ Origin just happens to be a model with less attachments.
Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives
As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.
- The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price
- Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction
- A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use
Points of praise:
- Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
- The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
- The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
- Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
|Category||Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners||Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners||Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners||Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners|
|Bin Capacity||0.54 L||0.54 L||0.54 L||0.54 L|
|Weight||2.6 kg||2.6 kg||2.6 kg||2.6 kg|
|Attachments||Direct drive cleaner head, Combination tool|
|Charging Time||5 hours||5 hours||5 hours||5 hours|
|Running Time||40 min||40 min||40 min||40 min|
|Suction (Air Watts)||115 AW||115 AW||115 AW||115 AW|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)|
- MPN: 271642-01
Other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.