Easy to use
Battery life shocking from new told to run on low speed - not acceptable
Battery life is not acceptable at all, when speaking to customer service when unit was new I was advised not to use it on High as this will drain the battery faster, however on slow speed it does not clean as well especially on carpet with dog hairs this means it is not fit for purpose.
Unit is just out of warranty and battery lasts a total of 1.5 minutes and Dyson will not consider a warranty or goodwill on battery even though I had issues from the start and especially when family members purchased same units same day and they have experienced same issues, however Dyson replaced their batteries.
Would never buy a Dyson battery operated device again never had an issue with Electrolux in the past and their customer service.
Questions & Answers
My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using
While the Dyson V8 can get warm during use, we certainly wouldn't expect it to get hot.
Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us
We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.
my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.
It doesn't have filter.
The charger of your Dyson cord-free machine has a transformer on the plug. This is to ensure the correct power is provided to your machine.
If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Ways to get in touch can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us
I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?
To maximise battery health, We would encourage fully charging the machine and unplugging it while not in use. Upon your return, charge your machine fully prior to first use.
If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us
Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives
As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.
- The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price
- Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction
- A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use
Points of praise:
- Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
- The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
- The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
- Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
|Category||Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners||Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners||Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners||Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners|
|Bin Capacity||0.54 L||0.54 L||0.54 L||0.54 L|
|Weight||2.6 kg||2.6 kg||2.6 kg||2.6 kg|
|Attachments||Direct drive cleaner head, Combination tool|
|Charging Time||5 hours||5 hours||5 hours||5 hours|
|Running Time||40 min||40 min||40 min||40 min|
|Suction (Air Watts)||115 AW||115 AW||115 AW||115 AW|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)||2 year(s)|
|Release date||Aug 2016||Aug 2016||Aug 2016||Aug 2016|
- MPN: 271642-01
Other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.