Dyson V8
See the Best Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Pros

Lightweight build
Easy to use

Shamila
ShamilaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I wish I had purchased this sooner!

My house is 4 BR, 2 living, both carpet and tile floors. I have done my research before buying my first Dyson. Initially, I wanted the hassle-free of code while having to take it and quick vacuum. Now I wish I had purchased this sooner. I use this every day for quick vacuum as well as my whole house. I can vacuum the entire house with the fully charged battery at medium speed. One of my daughters has a mild dust allergy, therefore I vacuum every room alternatively every day. On both surfaces, it vacuums well at medium speed without any problems. I already recommended this to everyone I know. This is a huge time saver and such an easy, light and effective product to use. I am hooked!!

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $499.

DysonDysonSend a private message

Thanks for sharing this with us,Shamila! We're thrilled and very grateful for the lovely review!

DysonDysonSend a private message

Thanks for sharing this with us Shamila! We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying your machine.

steelers4ever
steelers4everSydney, NSW

Clean floors for every

Dyson v8 vacuum is the best of the best vaccum cleaners out for my carpet and also tile floors as i have 5 kids who just dont like to clean up after them selfs so so the Dyson dos the best job of all

Purchased in for $699.

Ann P.
Ann P.Sydney, NSW

Quality for convenience!

Who doesn't like convenience yet powerful product? If i can clean my tile floor just by grabbing something handy and powerful then this is the product! I love our dog but not the hairs everywhere. With Dyson I can clean everytime I see fit. This has powerful suction. Best innovation ever!

Purchased in .

Fiona King
Fiona KingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product but it needs one thing!

I absolutely love my Dyson stick vacuum. It is so quick and easy to use and it actually makes vacuuming enjoyable. The only thing that I think is missing is a snib where it holds the button on so that you don’t have to hold it down yourself with your finger. I manage to get a blister on my pointer finger every time I use it!

Purchased in for $600.

Vanessa
VanessaPerth, WA

SUPER STRONG

I use the animal on floor tiles and carpets . 2 settings clean and deep clean . Easy to clean filters after and empty' ' hired a handy man to attach it to the wall in my living area always charged ready to be used.

Purchased in at GOOD GUYS for $899.

Enjoy
EnjoySydney, NSW

great product for every day use.

We use the Dyson each day for just a quick vacuum of the house which is carpet and tiles. Such a great item when you have a couple of cats, A quick vacuum and you can see how much it picks up amazing. Could not do without one and this is one product that gets used every day.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $1,300.

Pamela
PamelaThe Mallee, VIC

Great product

Dyson Vacuum cleaners have been part of my life for over 15 years I now own a V8 which I would never be without it travels over carpet and tiles so easily and wonderful because I have a little dog .I would love a robot vac because I have a spinal injury and would be and amazing help .The hand held I have now I have had for 10 years and would love to upgrade so reliable and has never had to be serviced.

Purchased in for $250.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Terry C.
Terry C.South Australia

The household choice which one must have

Tiles floors and carpet, it certainly does the job hands down, can't be beaten.even the children swear by how easy it is to use .it's the best value performance cleaner on the market

Purchased in at Hear For Less for $400.

Dia
Dia

Great Vaccum Clean, can't live without it.

I purchased the Dyson V8 animal from David Jones 4 years ago. The Vaccum had done an amazing job. I have all 3- Tiles, timber flooring and carpet and it always does an amazing job in all 3 surfaces. It is really handy when you have kids out and about as its a cordless vaccum and simply easy to clean up mass made by kids within minutes. It is definitely worth having one around.

I would give it a 5 star but i am starting to have battery problems now. But it has definitely done it job in the last 4 years.

Purchased in at David Jones Retail Stores.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
DysonDysonSend a private message

Hi Dia, thanks for the review. If you'd like some expert advice, troubleshooting help or wish to discuss your concerns we can be reached via our contact details listed here: https://www.dyson.com.au/dyson-support
Email: auaskdyson@dyson.com

K F.
K F.Victoria

Time saver product

I have both carpet and timber flooring and this vecum works perfectly, honestly I don't need to repeat it twice to get the dust. It's been years now I'm using dyson and I'm 100% satisfied. Happy customer.

Purchased in at Ninelife Australia.

Catherine
Catherine

Dyson wouldn't own anything else

Of all the vaccuums I've owned Dyson wins hands down. Hard floors, linoleum, carpet are not an issue the Dyson has strong suction light to use and easy to empty.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $499.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Anne W.
Anne W.Queensland

Love it

Love my Dyson, I use it on my tile floors. Ive had back surgery and my Dyson is so light and easy to move around. It saves me so much pain

Purchased in at Big W for $399.

Floor Type Tiles

Monica
Monica

Best vacuum cleaner ever

Being vacuuming hard floor and carpet and occasionally my outside rug , it pick up all dirt and mainly pet hair ( 2 dogs and 1 cat ) it’s my third product from Dyson absolutely top class vacuum, only black dot is the handle not very comfortable or gentle with your knuckles …

Purchased in for $799.

DysonDysonSend a private message

Thanks Monica. We appreciate your support!

Lisa B.
Lisa B.

Dyson stick vacuum

Wood flooring and tiles some mat's
Vacuum is great on hard floors and tiles but not great on carpet battery life is crap always seem to run out of life before I finish

Purchased in at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $800.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
DysonDysonSend a private message

Thanks for your review of this machine, Lisa B.
For assistance, please reach out to our experts. Our methods of contact can be found here:

Loving it

Amazing job loving the product great vacuum definitely recommended it I am looking into buying other products from dyson for example another vacuum cleaner for the car because I need one for my car

Lauren B
Lauren Basked
V8 Animal

We have hardwood floors throughout our house but we also have a long haired dog. I know the V8 animal is designed for pets and we are very open to that fact, however my question is, would the standard Dyson V8 do the job just as well [or close to as well] given the hard floor consideration or do you really only recommend the animal or animal plus version even with hard floors? Huge thanks!

Todd S.
Todd S.asked
V8

Can't put the top back into the canister. Any ideas?

Indi
Indi

Did you ha e to change the battery?

di
diasked
V8

Why isnt a crevice tool included in the V8 origin package?

DysonDysonSend a private message

Hi Di, each models machine variation will have different accessories included with the machine. The Dyson V8™ Origin just happens to be a model with less attachments.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8

As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.

Features:

• The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price
  • Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction
  • A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use

Points of praise:

• Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
  • The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
  • The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
  • Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
Compare all 4 Dyson V8

Dyson V8 Absolute Plus
  • Discontinued

Dyson V8 Absolute Plus

4.2
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $699.00$799.00$749.00$799.00
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release date