Dyson V8

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Lightweight build

• Easy to use

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes · No (113)
  • Battery Life

Lexus Lizzie

Lexus LizzieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor battery life

Excellent when it works. Have had this only a few years and it's not used often but the battery has died already. I don't have enough confidence in this product to put out another $109 for a battery that does not last long. II bought the Dyson believing it was a top quality product but I would not buy a Dyson ever again.

Purchased in January 2017 for $899.00.

Product is usedMonthly
Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Donna

DonnaSydney, NSW

Battery crap

Battery does not last long. It died in less than 2 years. I can't find my receipt so I end up calling them after 2 years which is out of warranty already. I have to pay for battery. I am not happy to pay so I refused. I will never buy Dyson anymore unless they fix the issue with battery.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $540.00.

Floor TypeTiles

Was good but now battery only lasts less then 8 minutes and soft head faulty

This has started to die after only 8 minutes of use and soft roller head stopped working so I need to use the direct drive head on my wooden floors for $900 I expected a bit more..
Very unimpressed!!

Purchased in January 2020 for $900.00.

Floor TypeWood

Find out how Dyson V8 compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Works well until the battery started to die after a year

Purchased in November 2018 at Bing Lee Online store.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Chappo

ChappoSydney, NSW

Battery Life? 2 years and 4 months

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer for $597.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Sev

SevBrisbane

Very bad design fault, Dyson Australia refused to help

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $698.00.

Floor TypeCarpet
Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best product with best service from Dyson

This cleaner is a perfect product. Most importantly, Dyson's service team are very great and friendly. I high recommend this product to every one. Great quality with percent post-purchasing service.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Faulty

My Dyson only 5 months old and it’s faulty with not being able to open dust bin to empty it. Sent emails with no help then rang to be told I must send back and will be weeks to get it back

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Floor TypeCarpet
DysonDyson

Poor battery and low suction power

I have had my v8 for 3 years. For the last 12 months the max suction has not lasted longer than 30 seconds before the battery goes flat, in spite of following all cleaning and care instructions. The normal mode of suction is poor and does not vacuum my rug satisfactorily to pick up crumbs, and I don’t have a pet!
Poor value for money and I would not purchase a Dyson again.

Purchased in November 2017 for $899.00.

Charlie

Charlie

Died only 6 months in and Dyson have been horrible to deal with

We used this stick vac as a secondary vacuum for our house. Died only 6 months in- doesn't seem to hold a charge. Dyson make it incredibly difficult to deal with any warranty claim and the retailer are reluctant to take the product back as Dyson insist consumers go through them for warranty. Horrible experience and wouldn't do a Dyson again. All marketing spin.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,099.00.

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear this is the experience you have had, it certainly isn't our aim and we are keen to find out what went wrong and get this sorted.

If you could please forward your review and details to auaskdyson@dyson.com we are keen to help.

Michael M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

On my 4th battery in 4 years

We have the vacuum cleaner for 4 years and we are about to get our 4th battery, roughly a battery per year. And looking at the Dyson web site the battery price has jumped from $79 to $109 since last year.

Purchased in August 2016.

Michael M.

Cool, so I will get my most recent battery purchase replaced? will do that now.

DysonDyson

Apologies, however we can't comment on individual circumstances here, however please do get in touch with our Dyson Experts as everything is assessed case by case.

roses

rosesSydney, NSW

Terrible battery life

Vaccuum only runs for 7 minutes on max after being fully charged overnight. Terrible value for money. Only would recommend if you have money to waste or if it’s on 90% off.

Purchased in June 2020 at eBay for $549.00.

Floor TypeWood
yeohkt

yeohktMelbourne

Amazing product, worked without issue for 2 years. Great customer support

Hi the unit for just 2 years. work perfect . The bin had some quality issue - cover was dropping off.
Contacted customer service via phone call and was sent replacement quickly.

Part price are reasonable. Cleaning is easy .

Purchased in November 2018 at Dyson for $479.00.

Jackie De abreu

Jackie De abreuDoonside

Great running battery

Have timber flooring and good quality cleaning
Long-running battery life and gets into all the nooks and crannies of a room
Highly recommend this product - but I don't have pets
I also used it on the carpet - but moreso tiles

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for $400.00.

luvsitwet

luvsitwetHunter Region, NSW

good product

when my ex leech bought this home i bawked at the price. 3 years later i clean my truck my house , everything with it and its awsome and very versatile. i had a problem with the battery they replaced it free of charge. since then no probs at all. just clean filters empty it and use it. i am going touring soon and plan to take it with me as it is a great product. and this is a truck driving bloke not a desk jocky or mommy .

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Eliseb

Elisebasked

V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using

DysonDyson

While the Dyson V8 can get warm during use, we certainly wouldn't expect it to get hot.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Raymond

Raymondasked

my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.

Michael
Michael

It doesn't have filter.

DysonDyson

The charger of your Dyson cord-free machine has a transformer on the plug. This is to ensure the correct power is provided to your machine.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Ways to get in touch can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Pam

Pam asked

V8 Absolute

I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?

DysonDyson

To maximise battery health, We would encourage fully charging the machine and unplugging it while not in use. Upon your return, charge your machine fully prior to first use.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8

As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.

Features:

• The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price
  • Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction
  • A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use

Points of praise:

• Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
  • The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
  • The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
  • Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
Compare all 4 Dyson V8

4.4
Dyson V8 Animal

Dyson V8 Animal

4.2
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $799.00$699.00$799.00$749.00
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016