Dyson V8
See the Best Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Pros

Lightweight build
Easy to use

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes · No (162)
  • Battery Life

GardnerWatson 2602, ACT
  • V8

4th Dyson might be our last Dyson

We've had the really big and heavy Dyson upright replaced with a smaller and lighter Dyson upright, and now we've replaced our long dead Dyson stick vacuum with a new Dyson V8.

The plastics have inconsistent colours, to the point that it looks like a reject.

The main issue is that it is purchased as a wall mount vacuum. The wall mount has oblong holes for securing it to the wall, but Dyson have failed to provide rubber grommets. The Dyson Service Center said "you have to go to your local hardware store and work out how to mount it" That's ridiculous.

I understand different wall types, but there are a couple of common types and supplying the grommets at a minimum seems like the only reasonable level of quality product.

Purchased in at Dyson for $499.

DysonDysonSend a private message

Thanks for your feedback. We have a feedback system so that we can take account of customers’ experience and opinions when considering future developments.
You can store/charge your machine without using the wall dock as an option

Gardner

That's hilarious. Just lie it down on the floor somewhere near an electrical socket.

At least you didn't offer to resolve it just for me, when it is in my opinion a fault in service to all your customers.

james1950l
james1950l

Battery only lasts 5 minutes

Battery only lasts 5 minutes!! Feels like it’s going to break in your hand while using it. After 6 months the battery failed and the spinning attachment broke so Dyson sent me a new replacement battery but same problem only last 5 minutes. It takes 2 full charges (4 hours) to vacuum my small 1 bedroom apartment. Other than that it does work well at vacuuming floors.

Purchased in for $800.

BNAW
BNAW

Had a V6 and wanted to upgrade without the cost of the latest version.

Current price NZ$499 looked a bargain compared to the latest offerings - and it is!
Does everything that was expected of it; better than the V6, and easier to empty with the newer mechanism.
Throw in the additional, small powered head, and it's the complete answer to any cleaning situation.
Our 3rd Dyson, and won't be the last.

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $499.

IndiSydney, NSW

This is a life saver

I use this Dyson on granite, floating timber as well as carpets in formal area and my car. I was asked not to use regular vacuum cleaner by my osteopath due to pain on my spine. As a result I had cleaner service weekly but stopped it during covid. My daughter left her Dyson vacuum when she went overseas. Now I use it and have no problem with pain unlike in the past. It’s design is great and worked well for a while. Lately had battery changed (3 yrs )there after it functions well.

Purchased for $799.

DysonDysonSend a private message

Hi there, Indi, thanks for your fantastic feedback!

Trudy Anne p.
Trudy Anne p.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dyson vacuum cleaners

I have tile and carpet flooring I find the the Dyson vacuum cleaner are the best I have two one is the ball and a stick one and they are the best

Purchased in for $359.

DysonDysonSend a private message

We appreciate the kind feedback about your Dyson vacuums, Trudy Anne P!

PRIT
PRIT

I m using this product for more than 4years now. I been never disappointed so far.

I used on my carpets and wooden floor as well. It's just if they have something for cars. It would be icing on cake. It doesn't have proper equipment for cars.

Purchased in for $799.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Paul
PaulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Battery longevity

Use vacuum on all types of floor surfaces. Cleans well when in operation. Problem is that battery does not last as long as it states. Whole house cannot be cleaned in one hit. Even replacing the battery did not extend time to its full capacity. Vacuum does not present value for money.

Purchased in for $500.

DysonDysonSend a private message

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Shamila
ShamilaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I wish I had purchased this sooner!

My house is 4 BR, 2 living, both carpet and tile floors. I have done my research before buying my first Dyson. Initially, I wanted the hassle-free of code while having to take it and quick vacuum. Now I wish I had purchased this sooner. I use this every day for quick vacuum as well as my whole house. I can vacuum the entire house with the fully charged battery at medium speed. One of my daughters has a mild dust allergy, therefore I vacuum every room alternatively every day. On both surfaces, it vacuums well at medium speed without any problems. I already recommended this to everyone I know. This is a huge time saver and such an easy, light and effective product to use. I am hooked!!

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $499.

Product is used Daily
DysonDysonSend a private message

Thanks for sharing this with us,Shamila! We're thrilled and very grateful for the lovely review!

DysonDysonSend a private message

Thanks for sharing this with us Shamila! We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying your machine.

Pat W.
Pat W.Sydney, NSW

We recently purchased a Dyson V8 Animal

Purchased in at Dyson for $599.

Steven Davies
Steven Davies

Super efficient and easy to use

We have used our Dyson cordless vacuum for over 12 months now and find it to be so efficient on all types of flooring and so very easy to use. The life of the battery pleasantly surprised us along with the attachments for other uses such as car cleaning.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $1,200.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless don’t buy it

The suction is only half as good as my old Miele. The dust clogs the filter up every few minutes. It’s constantly stopping because of said clog up with only a quarter full in the catcher. It’s cheap plastic charging station is clumsy. You have to constantly change the head pieces for different floor areas. It’s actually the worst product I’ve ever purchased. I expected so much more with all the hype. Waaaay over rated.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $700.

Vanessa
VanessaPerth, WA

SUPER STRONG

I use the animal on floor tiles and carpets . 2 settings clean and deep clean . Easy to clean filters after and empty' ' hired a handy man to attach it to the wall in my living area always charged ready to be used.

Purchased in at GOOD GUYS for $899.

Product is used Daily

Charmaine
CharmaineVictoria

Powerful Vacuum

This Vacuum has great power and is easy to charge and has a few useful tools. The 2 things I would like to be changed in a new model is the button that you have to press for it to stay on, it's exhausting holding that button continuously while vacuuming, it should have been hold down and it would get pressed and then you can vacuum and when you are done, you should be able to release the button. Also another battery would have been super useful to increase cleaning time.

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Corinne B.
Corinne B.Sydney, NSW

Low battery longevity

On the maximum setting, it goes flat after 10mins. It lasts longer on the standard setting, but not as strong. Vacuuming anticipating it to go flat. Had to keep the old corded vacuum for times when the whole house needs to vacuumed. It also can't pick up raw rice from tiles on either setting.

Purchased in at Dyson for $800.

Ash
AshSydney, NSW

The number 1 choice for vacuum cleaners

I use the Dyson v8 vacuum cleaner on porcelain tiles,carpets and wooden floors.
It works really well the suction power is wonderful picks up everything on the three floors which I have mentioned.
Happy that I have purchased one

Floor Type Tiles

Lauren B
Lauren Basked
V8 Animal

We have hardwood floors throughout our house but we also have a long haired dog. I know the V8 animal is designed for pets and we are very open to that fact, however my question is, would the standard Dyson V8 do the job just as well [or close to as well] given the hard floor consideration or do you really only recommend the animal or animal plus version even with hard floors? Huge thanks!

Todd S.
Todd S.asked
V8

Can't put the top back into the canister. Any ideas?

Indi

Did you ha e to change the battery?

di
diasked
V8

Why isnt a crevice tool included in the V8 origin package?

DysonDysonSend a private message

Hi Di, each models machine variation will have different accessories included with the machine. The Dyson V8™ Origin just happens to be a model with less attachments.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8

As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.

Features:

• The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price
  • Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction
  • A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use

Points of praise:

• Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
  • The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
  • The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
  • Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
Compare all 4 Dyson V8

Dyson V8 Absolute Plus
  • Discontinued

Dyson V8 Absolute Plus

4.2
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $699.00$799.00$749.00$799.00
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release date