Dyson V8

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Lightweight build

• Easy to use

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (166) · No (113)
  • Battery Life

Michael M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

On my 4th battery in 4 years

We have the vacuum cleaner for 4 years and we are about to get our 4th battery, roughly a battery per year. And looking at the Dyson web site the battery price has jumped from $79 to $109 since last year.

Michael M.

Cool, so I will get my most recent battery purchase replaced? will do that now.

DysonDyson

Apologies, however we can't comment on individual circumstances here, however please do get in touch with our Dyson Experts as everything is assessed case by case.

roses

rosesSydney, NSW

Terrible battery life

Vaccuum only runs for 7 minutes on max after being fully charged overnight. Terrible value for money. Only would recommend if you have money to waste or if it’s on 90% off.

Eve

Eve

Battery lasts less than a year

The battery doesn't last. I had 2 replacement batteries in the last 2 years and it would work well for a few months and the same thing will occur again. I would be lucky if it last 3 mins on max power. With the low power, it will go on for up to 15 mins but it is basically blowing all the dust/dirt around and not sucking. It is a let down for the amount of money spent on this product and the time wasted getting a replacement battery each time.

Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible on hard floors - Scratched!

Purchased for both carpet and hardwood floors. Parents have V7 which stuck to the carpet and was quiet on the hardwood floors. I'm thought I'd go the better battery life of the V8. Terrible idea, it's ridiculously loud and rough leaving scratches on 2 week old timber floors. Contacted dyson and they were absolutely hopeless with a we don't care attitude. Disappointed and will be returning.

Geof

GeofVictoria

Batteries don't last

This Dyson is our second stick Dyson. With the first one the battery died and it was replaced under warranty. The second one didn't last long either. The vacuum was very good so we bought an absolute V8 but the battery lasted about a year again. A new one was supplied under warranty and it has lasted about 18 months - it is now dying (lucky to get 6 minutes ). The vacuum cleaner is very good but the battery problem seems unique to Dyson. Time to try another make!

DysonDyson

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019

Stewart J.

Stewart J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dyson - Very disappointed in what I was promised & sold

very disappointed promised a 20 minute high speed vacuum time I get 8 minutes
cannot exchange battery, on a new high grade Dyson
New vacuum stopped working after short period of time, dust, dirt & usage had created the problem which I thought a vacuum would be designed to handle!!!!
Very expensive - does not deliver the cost
Go for a cheaper option - LG has a good product available which I would choose next time

Lawry Bugeja

Lawry BugejaSouthwest, VIC

Better value to buy a cheap stick vac every 2 years. Triple the life for half the price.

We bought the vac to use as a spot cleaner. We estimated it would get about 20 mins use per day. The first 12 months was fine, however over the last 8-10 months we can only use the vac on low power on limited time. Maximum power lasts less than 1 minute. Our $60 Kogan does a far better job.

parade6010

parade6010Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Powerful Vacuum

Deb

DebGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't waste your money

Bought new V8 animal for our small apartment with laminate flooring and 1 rug. Didn't work so they sent me a new battery. 12 months later the housing cracked which was replaced. 2 years later I can only vacuum 5mins before the battery needs charging again. Would never buy another one.

yeohkt

yeohktMelbourne

Amazing product, worked without issue for 2 years. Great customer support

Hi the unit for just 2 years. work perfect . The bin had some quality issue - cover was dropping off.
Contacted customer service via phone call and was sent replacement quickly.

Part price are reasonable. Cleaning is easy .

Regarding the comment: Great Product but for one thing

I too love my Dyson cordless, I also have an older Stowaway Dyson, Love them both. Cordess is so easy to use and very effective. I use on Carpet and wood floors, and have a small Tenterfield Terrior dog indoors. I was intrigued to read that someone else is getting a sore thumb when using the machine, I was getting a blister each time so now protect the area with some elastopast tape. I do not think it is the machine itself, but how I hold it that causes the rubbing.

Joto

Joto

Suction is excellent on carpet. Hard floor works perfectly on low mode

Live beachside and first machine I've used that actually lifts sand with no problem. Very tidy wall mount system so it is always recharged when you need it. Very easy to empty and don't have to worry about bags.

Jackie De abreu

Jackie De abreuDoonside

Great running battery

Have timber flooring and good quality cleaning
Long-running battery life and gets into all the nooks and crannies of a room
Highly recommend this product - but I don't have pets
I also used it on the carpet - but moreso tiles

Bwil

Bwil

Great device

I liked this vacuum. I primarily used the soft floor head on floorboards, and the beater head on the carpet. It worked quite well on both. The fluffy head is useful at picking up larger bits and bobs off a hardfloor.

Eliseb

Elisebasked

V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using

DysonDyson

While the Dyson V8 can get warm during use, we certainly wouldn't expect it to get hot.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Raymond

Raymondasked

my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.

Michael
Michael

It doesn't have filter.

DysonDyson

The charger of your Dyson cord-free machine has a transformer on the plug. This is to ensure the correct power is provided to your machine.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Ways to get in touch can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Pam

Pam asked

V8 Absolute

I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?

DysonDyson

To maximise battery health, We would encourage fully charging the machine and unplugging it while not in use. Upon your return, charge your machine fully prior to first use.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8

As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.

Features:

• The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price
  • Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction
  • A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use

Points of praise:

• Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
  • The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
  • The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
  • Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
Compare all 4 Dyson V8

4.4
Dyson V8 Animal

Dyson V8 Animal

4.2
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $799.00$699.00$799.00$749.00
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016