Dyson V8

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Lightweight build

• Easy to use

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (166) · No (113)
  • Battery Life

LeeCanberra 2600, ACT

Wait until the warranty runs out

Initially this was the best vacuum we have ever had. It has powerful suction and is easy to charge on the wall and swap out the attachments. After 13 months it started pulsating with the Direct Drive cleaner head and the Mini motorised head. It worked fine with the static attachments. I figured out it was because both these heads have metal pins that are meant to connect to the motor however this connection no longer works. We now have paid $600 for a years worth of vacuuming. Very disappointing, probably not a good investment.

purplethings

purplethingsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great vacuum for the whole house!

luvsitwet

luvsitwetHunter Region, NSW

good product

when my ex leech bought this home i bawked at the price. 3 years later i clean my truck my house , everything with it and its awsome and very versatile. i had a problem with the battery they replaced it free of charge. since then no probs at all. just clean filters empty it and use it. i am going touring soon and plan to take it with me as it is a great product. and this is a truck driving bloke not a desk jocky or mommy .

Find out how Dyson V8 compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Started off good, went downhill quickly!

Om I.

Om I.Goulburn Valley, VIC

The broom is great

These were great and quick to clean, and I am very happy with it. It has been one of my best home purchases by me Thank you very much for Dr

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Tingroove

TingrooveCentral Queensland, QLD

Good except for the Battery

The family bought three units, Mothers day in 2018. First unit battery failed, replaced under 6 months. My unit gets used once a week and is charged on a timer, therefore not charged when hot. The battery failed at 14 months. This battery failed at 12 months. Filters have been cleaned. Not impressed.

Law

LawSydney, NSW

Very disappointing

Started off well but after a time its effectiveness wains - the max setting lasts 5 minutes, use is halted as the product stutters and requires it to be taken apart and filters cleaned to resolve the problem. It has not handled an increase in dust due to a small renovation at all. An expensive item with limited longevity.

Adrian Cilia

Adrian CiliaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pulsating motor

I bought a Dyson in March 2020. Firstly it began to pulsate off and on. Now it simply does not turn on. I am very disappointed in the product and the Service support.

mrsduke

mrsduke

• V8

Big Regret

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a long life vacuum cleaner and a rip off for what you pay.

Rob

Thanks for the reply but no thanks, two years ownership of a 900 dollar stick vacuum that is marketed as awesome but is really no different to other brand name but cheaper models has been a large lesson in life and brand name purchasing.

Running after just 4 weeks

I’ve been using my stain on my tile flooring and have noticed it to be rubbing and jumping from tile to tile. Very disappointing, the rubber strip on the hard roller went to sit up I think this is what is causing the rubbing

Rachel Saunders

Rachel SaundersSydney, NSW

Very good vacuum

I use this vacuum mostly on my carpet floors - it's a great way to clean up after my puppy.
It's lightweight and good value for money; a bit noisy but that's acceptable for me.

Azzbot

AzzbotSydney, NSW

terrible product and battery life is no good.

I owned my Dyson stick vac for 3 days before returning.

I wanted to return my v8 due to battery overheating and power cutting out at 1m 30secs after charging 5 and a half hours.
The store manager has advised this is not a complete vacuum cleaner and only a spot cleaner. It is never intended to do small apartments.

Roger Salcoodo

Roger SalcoodoSydney, NSW

good item

used for my house, soft strung carpet, does the job of cleaning the mess after my kids. Long time dyson buyer, always top quality goods. Caught this on a bargain.

Belinda

BelindaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Product but for one thing

I use my Dyson V8 on carpet, wood floors and tiles. It’s fabulous, removes so much dirt from the carpet.
The only down side is that that handle is causing an abrasion on my thumb which is quite painful.

DysonDyson

We certainly wouldn't expect this to occur when using any Dyson machine and are keen to assist.

Could you please forward your review, details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch ASAP.

Eliseb

Elisebasked

V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using

DysonDyson

While the Dyson V8 can get warm during use, we certainly wouldn't expect it to get hot.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Raymond

Raymondasked

my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.

Michael
Michael

It doesn't have filter.

DysonDyson

The charger of your Dyson cord-free machine has a transformer on the plug. This is to ensure the correct power is provided to your machine.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Ways to get in touch can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Pam

Pam asked

V8 Absolute

I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?

DysonDyson

To maximise battery health, We would encourage fully charging the machine and unplugging it while not in use. Upon your return, charge your machine fully prior to first use.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8

As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.

Features:

• The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price
  • Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction
  • A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use

Points of praise:

• Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
  • The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
  • The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
  • Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
Compare all 4 Dyson V8

4.4
Dyson V8 Animal

Dyson V8 Animal

4.2
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $799.00$699.00$799.00$749.00
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016