Dyson V8

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Lightweight build

• Easy to use

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (27) · No (21)
  • Battery Life

CountryLass

CountryLassSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT buy this Dyson stick vacuum!

I bought the Dyson V8 Absolute + in late 2017 and have just had to order my third battery. The quality is terrible and for a battery to last so little time is shocking. Dyson service is absolutely no help whatsoever. I will never buy another Dyson product again.

Purchased in October 2017 at The Good Guys for $850.00.

Was good but now battery only lasts less then 8 minutes and soft head faulty

This has started to die after only 8 minutes of use and soft roller head stopped working so I need to use the direct drive head on my wooden floors for $900 I expected a bit more..
Very unimpressed!!

Purchased in January 2020 for $900.00.

Val.Emma

Val.EmmaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Disappointed....

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores.

Chappo

ChappoSydney, NSW

Battery Life? 2 years and 4 months

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer for $597.00.

Jeff C - Australia

Jeff C - AustraliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Battery life very poor and a "very dumb" battery charger

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $699.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Sev

SevBrisbane

Very bad design fault, Dyson Australia refused to help

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $698.00.

JAMES P

JAMES PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Battery life shocking from new told to run on low speed - not acceptable

Battery life is not acceptable at all, when speaking to customer service when unit was new I was advised not to use it on High as this will drain the battery faster, however on slow speed it does not clean as well especially on carpet with dog hairs this means it is not fit for purpose.
Unit is just out of warranty and battery lasts a total of 1.5 minutes and Dyson will not consider a warranty or goodwill on battery even though I had issues from the start and especially when family members purchased same units same day and they have experienced same issues, however Dyson replaced their batteries.
Would never buy a Dyson battery operated device again never had an issue with Electrolux in the past and their customer service.

If there was zero stars....

The product arrived and the container was dirty, as if it was already used by someone.
I called dyson immediately and received an apology. I returned this product and five months later I am still waiting for my money!!!
Five months of waiting, checking my account, and speaking with Dyson customer service who aparently can't do anything but pass on a message!!!!
To say this has been a disappointing and frustrating experience would be an understatement!!!!

Purchased in October 2020.

Poor battery life

We have had our Dyson for 18 months. The battery now dies while vacuuming after about five minutes, this is on wooden floors.
I have been meticulous in cleaning the filters, and also charging the battery.
We will not be purchasing another Dyson.

Purchased in October 2019 for $700.00.

Lanam N.

Lanam N.

Misleading advertising regarding their vacuums

5 months after I brought my V8 vacuum it started turning off after only using it for 5 minutes despite it being completely charged. The Kmart vacuum my room mate brought is more powerful than my Dyson vacuum. I did not end up
Returning it because I lost my receipt and warranty form and decided to just use my room mate vacuum. This brand is not worth the price.

Faulty

My Dyson only 5 months old and it’s faulty with not being able to open dust bin to empty it. Sent emails with no help then rang to be told I must send back and will be weeks to get it back

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

SCC

SCCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely useless

Pet vacuum they say - well the damn thing has so many blockages because it will not suck up pet fur to save itself. Absolutely useless and a waste of money. The battery will NOT run on max any longer, that died before the warranty ran out and Dyson wanted absolutely nothing to do with it - claiming it was a consumable - which is fair, but who expects their battery to die a year and a half after purchase? At this point, it’s effectively a paperweight and Dyson customer service was an absolute joke to deal with. Buyer be warned.

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores.

roses

rosesSydney, NSW

Terrible battery life

Vaccuum only runs for 7 minutes on max after being fully charged overnight. Terrible value for money. Only would recommend if you have money to waste or if it’s on 90% off.

Purchased in June 2020 at eBay for $549.00.

Eve

Eve

Battery lasts less than a year

The battery doesn't last. I had 2 replacement batteries in the last 2 years and it would work well for a few months and the same thing will occur again. I would be lucky if it last 3 mins on max power. With the low power, it will go on for up to 15 mins but it is basically blowing all the dust/dirt around and not sucking. It is a let down for the amount of money spent on this product and the time wasted getting a replacement battery each time.

Purchased in July 2017 for $782.00.

Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible on hard floors - Scratched!

Purchased for both carpet and hardwood floors. Parents have V7 which stuck to the carpet and was quiet on the hardwood floors. I'm thought I'd go the better battery life of the V8. Terrible idea, it's ridiculously loud and rough leaving scratches on 2 week old timber floors. Contacted dyson and they were absolutely hopeless with a we don't care attitude. Disappointed and will be returning.

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys for $699.00.

Eliseb

Elisebasked

V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using

DysonDyson

While the Dyson V8 can get warm during use, we certainly wouldn't expect it to get hot.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Raymond

Raymondasked

my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.

Michael
Michael

It doesn't have filter.

DysonDyson

The charger of your Dyson cord-free machine has a transformer on the plug. This is to ensure the correct power is provided to your machine.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Ways to get in touch can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Pam

Pam asked

V8 Absolute

I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?

DysonDyson

To maximise battery health, We would encourage fully charging the machine and unplugging it while not in use. Upon your return, charge your machine fully prior to first use.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8

As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.

Features:

• The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price
  • Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction
  • A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use

Points of praise:

• Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
  • The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
  • The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
  • Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
Compare all 4 Dyson V8

4.4
Dyson V8 Animal

Dyson V8 Animal

4.2
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $799.00$699.00$799.00$749.00
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016