Dyson V8

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Lightweight build

• Easy to use

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (30) · No (15)
  • Battery Life
elleblitz

elleblitzAU

Wish the battery was a longer lasting

Wish the battery was a little longer lasting. The suction is fantastic though and it is a very convenient design to have it hanging on a wall in my kitchen

AMAN

AMANSydney

Use it just about everyday

I use everyday to do a quick vacuum on tiles and loop carpet but wouldn't recommend as my only vacuum, as getting in to small areas such as window sills is quicker with my miele vacuum and battery doesn't last long enough to vacuum the whole house properly, but great for a quick tidy up.
Marked down 1 star cause you have to hold the the power button on continuously and at times get a blister on my finger from it.

Rachel Saunders

Rachel SaundersSydney, NSW

Very good vacuum

I use this vacuum mostly on my carpet floors - it's a great way to clean up after my puppy.
It's lightweight and good value for money; a bit noisy but that's acceptable for me.

Purchased in September 2019 at Dyson for $647.00.

Belinda

BelindaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Product but for one thing

I use my Dyson V8 on carpet, wood floors and tiles. It’s fabulous, removes so much dirt from the carpet.
The only down side is that that handle is causing an abrasion on my thumb which is quite painful.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for $647.00.

DysonDyson

We certainly wouldn't expect this to occur when using any Dyson machine and are keen to assist.

Could you please forward your review, details and the serial number of your machine to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch ASAP.

emdemeNewcastle

Sadly the battery died and too expensive to replace

Purchased in February 2017 at The Good Guys for $840.00.

emdeme

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Hayden L

Hayden LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good cordless vacuum!

I brought my Dyson V8 near late Christmas. It works better than V6 which I had before. I use it for both tile and wooden floor. It can clean the surface quite good. The battery is last longer and more powerful than my V6.

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $749.00.

Damien Z.

Damien Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great portable vacuum, but ergonomics needs to improve

I am vacuuming on hard wood and a lounge rug. 3 bedroom apartment. I use the higher suction on the rug, so much better than my old vacuum (Miele), sucks up everything, doesn't look that dirty but you actually can see what was in the rug. Use the lower suction on the hardwood. Love the portability aspect, vacuum can really get quite low under beds. Attachments are great but, the ergonomics of the handle needs to be improved. On the bottom bone on my thumb, as i'm holding the vacuum, if i vacuumed the whole apartment everyday, I'd develop a blister, or a callus, not comfortable at all. That is the reason for losing a star. Everything else, cannot complain about.

Purchased in March 2020 at Dyson for $499.00.

Brian B.

Brian B.Gembrook

Best vac I have owned & I have had plenty.

I purchased the Dyson V8 Absolute as being able to afford the latest model was prohibitive. I am surprised to read negative reviews. It is a little ripper, vacuuming prior was a chore but now myself & my hubby have a little scuffle over who is going to play with the new toy. 4 & a half stars. My only negative is it not having an on/off switch, does become a little uncomfortable having to hold the lever down after a while. As good as it is this could prove difficult for the elderly.

Purchased in March 2020 for $550.00.

Lara

LaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Handy but battery life is short

The design is great. And I am glad the re-positioned the vents (in older models the wind was blowing right into your face) . I love the the cord free idea of this machine , however after a 1 year of use the battery seem to last shorter and shorter .

Purchased in January 2019 at Kogan.com for $800.00.

Anna B

Anna B

Great helper

My sister recommended that we buy a Dyson stick vacuum cleaner.

It is wonderful for a quick clean. It can scratch our wooden floors and the charger does not last a long time.

I am still satisfied but I don't believe it gives a deep clean on the rugs. It is still much that not cleaning at all.

Purchased in June 2018 for $800.00.

DysonDyson

Very light and easy to manoeuvre

From particle board to deep pile carpet and tile bathroom. Does the lot Works okay but in these drought conditions requires a lot of emptying. Filter needs constant attention or it won’t go.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $895.00.

GymGuy

GymGuyARMIDALE

good vacuum, but not much more power than v6

dyson is always a good product and v8 is an improvement to v6 in terms of filter cleaning and battery.
overall, very happy with it and will buy another dyson again.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $378.00.

Bee53

Bee53Sydney, NSW

Very good vacuum

Very good suction , light and easy to use . Takes up little storage space and comes with wall mounted docking station. I live in a small apartment so have ample charge to complete cleaning
The trigger button would be annoying in large areas I feel and emptying the unit was a bit tricky to begin with . Cannot use on vinyl floor but great on tiled floor and excellent on carpet and upholstery. Chordless and hassle free

Purchased in December 2019.

GREAT DEEP CLEAN

Have had my Dyson for just over a month. It is the best Vacuum I have ever owned. Can go from carpet to lino to tile with no effort at all. Great for picking up that stubborn animal hair. The only downfall is on max suction the battery only lasts 6-10 minutes and takes hours to charge which is a little frustrating when you have a large home.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Battery

BatteryVictoria

Excellent for animal hair

I use mainly on carpet and its pet hair pick up is excellent, its very convenient and handy for spills etc. Probably a bit small as a main vacuum, I still like to use a power head every two weeks. Easy to use, light and very efficient.

Purchased in December 2017 at Myer Online Store for $599.00.

Eliseb

Elisebasked

V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using

DysonDyson

While the Dyson V8 can get warm during use, we certainly wouldn't expect it to get hot.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Raymond

Raymondasked

my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.

Michael
Michael

It doesn't have filter.

DysonDyson

The charger of your Dyson cord-free machine has a transformer on the plug. This is to ensure the correct power is provided to your machine.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Ways to get in touch can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Pam

Pam asked

V8 Absolute

I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?

DysonDyson

To maximise battery health, We would encourage fully charging the machine and unplugging it while not in use. Upon your return, charge your machine fully prior to first use.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8

As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.

Features:

• The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price
  • Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction
  • A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use

Points of praise:

• Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
  • The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
  • The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
  • Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
Compare all 4 Dyson V8

4.4
Dyson V8 Animal

Dyson V8 Animal

4.2
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $799.00$699.00$799.00$749.00
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016