Dyson V8

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Lightweight build

• Easy to use

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (76) · No (46)
  • Battery Life

Jean

JeanSydney, NSW

The best investment ever

Having children and pets this Dyson is easily my favourite home appliance. My floors are mostly hardwood with some carpet areas. Cordless and super powered, it's a dream to use! Dyson for life.

Purchased at Myer.

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best product with best service from Dyson

This cleaner is a perfect product. Most importantly, Dyson's service team are very great and friendly. I high recommend this product to every one. Great quality with percent post-purchasing service.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

sarahss

sarahss

Cannot live without it!

Its amazing, so easy to use and remove all the dirt at the end of the vacuum. Vacuums up everything on my timber floors as well as carpet. I cannot live without it. Worth every penny.

Violetta

ViolettaWestern District, VIC

Love stain but .......

I bought the v8 two years ago and mine hasn’t worked well. It starts and stops even though it’s charged and thourouly cleaned. I rang and was told to wash my filter but I can’t open it?
I’m disappointed.... thinking vac would be easier for me.......

Wendy D

Wendy D

Big Improvement on the V6

Bought this as an upgrade to the V6 Absolute. Got it $250 off RRP from Dyson in the Black Friday sale. Canister release is far easier, hard floor brush handles leaves and larger dirt more easily. Very happy with my purchase. :) Only downside is that the wall mounted V6 dock has to be changed out for a new dock (provided).

Purchased in November 2020 at Dyson.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Beaky

BeakyMaudsland

"Absolute"-ly Unbeatable Product

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $599.00.

parade6010

parade6010Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Powerful Vacuum

Purchased in August 2020 at Dyson for $650.00.

yeohkt

yeohktMelbourne

Amazing product, worked without issue for 2 years. Great customer support

Hi the unit for just 2 years. work perfect . The bin had some quality issue - cover was dropping off.
Contacted customer service via phone call and was sent replacement quickly.

Part price are reasonable. Cleaning is easy .

Purchased in November 2018 at Dyson for $479.00.

Regarding the comment: Great Product but for one thing

I too love my Dyson cordless, I also have an older Stowaway Dyson, Love them both. Cordess is so easy to use and very effective. I use on Carpet and wood floors, and have a small Tenterfield Terrior dog indoors. I was intrigued to read that someone else is getting a sore thumb when using the machine, I was getting a blister each time so now protect the area with some elastopast tape. I do not think it is the machine itself, but how I hold it that causes the rubbing.

Purchased in October 2019 for $799.00.

Joto

Joto

Suction is excellent on carpet. Hard floor works perfectly on low mode

Live beachside and first machine I've used that actually lifts sand with no problem. Very tidy wall mount system so it is always recharged when you need it. Very easy to empty and don't have to worry about bags.

Purchased in May 2020 at Dyson for $599.00.

Jackie De abreu

Jackie De abreuDoonside

Great running battery

Have timber flooring and good quality cleaning
Long-running battery life and gets into all the nooks and crannies of a room
Highly recommend this product - but I don't have pets
I also used it on the carpet - but moreso tiles

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for $400.00.

Bwil

Bwil

Great device

I liked this vacuum. I primarily used the soft floor head on floorboards, and the beater head on the carpet. It worked quite well on both. The fluffy head is useful at picking up larger bits and bobs off a hardfloor.

Purchased for $699.00.

purplethings

purplethingsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great vacuum for the whole house!

Purchased in August 2020 at Dyson for $599.00.

luvsitwet

luvsitwetHunter Region, NSW

good product

when my ex leech bought this home i bawked at the price. 3 years later i clean my truck my house , everything with it and its awsome and very versatile. i had a problem with the battery they replaced it free of charge. since then no probs at all. just clean filters empty it and use it. i am going touring soon and plan to take it with me as it is a great product. and this is a truck driving bloke not a desk jocky or mommy .

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Om I.

Om I.Goulburn Valley, VIC

The broom is great

These were great and quick to clean, and I am very happy with it. It has been one of my best home purchases by me Thank you very much for Dr

Purchased in March 2020.

Eliseb

Elisebasked

V8 Absolute

My Dyson V8 gets really hot at the back while I’m using it, too hot to continue using

DysonDyson

While the Dyson V8 can get warm during use, we certainly wouldn't expect it to get hot.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger and we will be happy to help. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We hope to hear from you and look forward to assisting.

Raymond

Raymondasked

my name is Raymond
why Dyson charger cable have filter. what the function.

Michael
Michael

It doesn't have filter.

DysonDyson

The charger of your Dyson cord-free machine has a transformer on the plug. This is to ensure the correct power is provided to your machine.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Ways to get in touch can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Pam

Pam asked

V8 Absolute

I have a Dyson v8 Motörhead in my winter home. I’m leaving for 6 months. Should I leave it plugged in or not?

DysonDyson

To maximise battery health, We would encourage fully charging the machine and unplugging it while not in use. Upon your return, charge your machine fully prior to first use.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are happy to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch. Our contact details can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Dyson V8

As of December 2020, the Dyson V8 is the highest-rated cordless and stick vacuum cleaner on ProductReview. As well as being the highest rated, the V8 is also more afordable than other Dyson cordless and stick vacuum cleaners - such as the V11, which is around $300 more expensive.

Features:

• The V8 series includes 4 different vacuum cleaners, with a $100 difference in price
  • Two power options: Max Mode for extra power, which is good for tough clumps of dirt or pet hair; and Powerful Mode, which allows for longer usage, but may provide a slighlty weaker suction
  • A 5-hour charge provides up to 40 minutes of use

Points of praise:

• Some reviewers purchased the Dyson V8 after owning the V6 and reported noticing an improvement. Although they didn’t claim to be unhappy with the V6, many said that the V8 was more powerful and picked up a larger quantity of dirt and dust.
  • The highest power setting (Max Mode) latest longer than expected. One reviewer was pleased that they could vacuum their whole apartment while still having plenty of battery life left.
  • The vacuum was lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, meaning that people could clean hard-to-reach crevices and corners of the house.
  • Three large, shedding dogs proved to be no match for this vacuum cleaner. A happy reviewer mentioned that they could finally remove the mess their dogs had left behind.
Compare all 4 Dyson V8

4.4
Dyson V8 Animal

Dyson V8 Animal

4.2
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $799.00$699.00$799.00$749.00
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time5 hours5 hours5 hours5 hours
Running Time 40 min40 min40 min40 min
Suction (Air Watts)115 AW115 AW115 AW115 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016