Cleaning is a breeze!

Love this vacuum - recharges really quickly and does the job effortlessly. Had an issue with it going on and off - rang Dyson and fixed the problem over the phone it was just something caught in the flap area and it fixed the problem. Dyson are also great to deal with. 5/5 - would definitely buy another v8.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $749.00.

Disappointed!

Very handy vacuum because it’s cordless. Doesn’t lift the carpet pile and instead flattens the carpet. I had to buy another filter because it keeps clogging and can’t be used until completely dry again. I also find it difficult at times to release the parts. Did not live up to my expectations unfortunately but still a reasonable vacuum, just not great.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

How did I live without it!

Love this product as I don't need to find a power point. It is lightweight and easy to charge. It has changed my whole vacuuming habits as I don't need to vacuum the whole house in one hit.
I also love the V8 as it has the wooden floor attachment which is soft and fluffy and doesn't hurt my floors.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $797.00.

BATTERY LIFE POOR

The vacuum stick is wonderful for my back. This is the reason why I purchased the product.

My appliance is 20 months old. For the past 5 months the battery has been losing power. I have ordered replacement courtesy of Dyson. My invoice indicates the cost is $85. I only use HIGH power because if I use MAX power the battery only lasts 4-5 minutes.

The vacuum has started to become quite loose at connection points and the shaft wobbles.

I was informed by Dyson that each battery is different depending on where the charger is positioned installed/placement of stick, weather conditions ie heat/cold and the unit should be used every day (I vacuum tiles one day then carpet following day. She advised that the battery is a consumable, just like a camera, car or phone. I was disappointed with this response as it appeared that the poor consumer was to blame, yet again, for things going wrong with the unit.

I would expect such an expensive vacuum to last a lot longer. It is hard to justify a new battery every 15 months.

Good while it lasts

We have two large dogs that shed a lot of fur and as a first time stick vacuum user, it has been great. Initially the vacuum worked well on both hard floors and carpet, picking up dirt left behind by my corded vacuum. But over the past few months the vacuum has started to become quite loose at connection points, it's as though the head is too heavy for the unit to support. The shaft wobbles around, the plastic near the handle is gapping and to top it off the motor head has broken at the hinge. The vacuum has never been misused or dropped. I would expect such an expensive vacuum to last a lot longer. It is hard to justify a new $1000 vacuum every couple of years, durability just isn't there.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Hi Brendan, Thank you for taking the time to review your machine. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your machine. While the joints of the machine are engineered to have a small tollerence, the images are not expected. We would kindly ask you to get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be happy to assist.UPDATE: Dyson's solution to the above durability issues was for me to purchase a new wand and motorhead at a cost of $175. No thanks. I'll be purchasing a different brand instead.

Good product

Good run out model deal. Is great for picking up animal hair. Ease of use has me vacuuming every day now. Only criticism is the colour on the stick scraped off in 2 seconds flat under the divan.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Great handy little Vacuum.

This is a great small hand held vacuum. It’s great for small areas and for general picking up crumbs etc. The battery does not last for a full 3 bedroom house but it’s very powerful and not very noisy. It’s easy to charge although I find it hard to empty out to get the dust out of the main area. I have to fiddle with it a bit to get it happening. The foot must also be cleaned regularly as it will work intermittent if not cleaned out (figured this out later). It’s great on tiles, wooden floors and carpet. The battery life and how hard it is to fullly empty are the only negatives. Otherwise it’s a great product.

Purchased at Myers for $349.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Battery dies

Had 1 yr battery has died, very disappointed especially with the price you pay. Would not recommend. Only use every now and again, so the battery just died, also if you use on max it drains the battery.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Product is used: Monthly
Floor Type Wood
Hi Gayle, Thank you for reviewing your machine. We are sorry to hear your Dyson V8 Absolute isn't working, however we are happy to help get this rectified. We would kindly ask you to email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your details and our Dyson Experts will be in touch with you and happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Stop thinking and buy it now

Upgraded to the V8 when our other Dyson died after 8 years . The v8 is so powerful and does hard floors with ease
I find the battery length sufficient to do my entire house 4 bedroom two lounge

Purchased at Myer Online Store for $550.00.

Very handy machine

I bought the dyson vacume 3 month ago from the Good guys.

It’s really handy around the house especially when you have kids.

I would definitely recommend this vacuum machine to everyone

Purchased at The Good Guys for $999.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Love it.

Great stick vacuum. We have a dog that sheds a huge amount of hair and this vacuum is extremely effective at picking it up of all surfaces, including the couches.

Purchased for $800.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Terrible Waste of Money !

More suction from a 1200 watt cheapie vacuum . Short battery life barely 10 min definitely not enough for a whol house clean . Seems to suck up then deposit elsewhere once finger is off the trigger . Canister jams . Ripoff !

Purchased for $799.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Below average, in view of the price point compared to functionality and feel good

Update 20th Feb, 2019:
I need V8 Absolute because I need soft-roller head, since my 2 storey house is all wooden floor. I bought V8 Absolute+ due to there is promotion, i.e. same price to buy either V8 Absolute or V8 Absolute+. Good to have all the accessories from the plus model. I have bought this mainly hoping to use it to vacuum the whole house (3 bedrooms double storey house) instead of using my Electrolux bagged corded vacuum cleaner which is still serving me well.

On 12 Feb 2019, I opened the box and found lots of accessories to unpack. It would be great if Dyson have some unpack instruction for Absolute+ model. I opened up almost all the boxes, before managing to find the power adaptor, packed together with Direct-Drive Head. When I opened up V8 cordless vacuum, I am disappointed to find dirt inside the bin. It looked used, i.e. not new. Nevertheless, it did not stop me from getting it ready to use the next day.

On 13 Feb 2019, after charging it overnight, I used it for the first time. Knowing it can only last 30 mins when using it with Soft-Roller Head, it was a stressful experience. After vacuuming 2 rooms, battery down 1/3. After vacuuming 2nd level and 1st level living room, battery down another 1/3 level. Stressed that now only left 1/3 battery, I vacuumed as it is for the rest of 1st level, instead of moving furniture around. Just made it before it stopped working due to battery flat. I focus on floor vacuuming only. I am not too impressed with the amount of dirt collected by V8, looks similar to the dirt collected by Kmart 2-in-1 portable cordless vacuum cleaner. Till now, I only using Soft-Roller Head, but not the other 2 heads that come with Absolute model, i.e. direct-drive head and mini-drive head.

After vacuuming my boys room first at 2nd floor, I am also disappointed to find a lot of dust sticking below the soft-roller head (both sides and back). I have to use another tool provided with V8 Absolute+ to vacuum it away. The good thing after my 1st time use, seems no hair stuck onto the soft roller head.

User also need to be beware of sliding the stick against bed edge. For me, after first use, I found quite a number of scratches, after vacuuming under the bed. The stick is also a bit short to vacuum the full area under single bed from one side, if the other side is against the wall.

Lastly, not sure why the Soft-Roller Head, a portion of it was flattened when I received it new. Nevertheless, it does not affect the functional aspect of it.

Overall, this cordless vacuum works fine, but the price is high compared to what it is capable of delivering. The reason why I put only 1 star is mainly about the high price point. There are other cordless vacuum that can also deliver what V8 can, but at a much lower price point.

Original Review 18th Feb 2019
Below is the actual feedback I have given Dyson Customer Service thru' Dyson website on 16 Feb 2019:

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I ordered V8 Absolute+ thru' online Target on 10 Feb. I collected it on 12 Feb from Target.

After opening on 12 Feb afternoon, I am disappointed that inside the dustbin is not clean, dusty with dirt.

When I shake the filter inside the bin, some dirt dropped out. It looked used and not new.
Secondly, I need to feedback why the stick got deep scratches when I accidentally slide against my wooden frame bed side when vacuuming floor below bed during my first use vacuuming on 14 Feb, after charging it overnight. I am shocked that the metal surface is weak against wooden surface. Please comment.

Overall, I am disappointed with this purchase and am thinking of returning it. But I have already used it once, have opened up all the accessories and put them into the accessories provided with Absolute+ model.

Below is their actual final reply from Dyson Customer Service team (Dated: 18 Feb 2019), after a few round of emails from 16 Feb to 18 Feb 2019:

Thank you for your reply and also your time on the phone today.

As discussed on the phone, we have now cancelled the service assessment of your machine as we do not believe there is anything wrong with your machine or any of the components.

The filters are both deemed to be normal and the slightly flattened area of the soft roller is due to packaging. Any replacement parts would likely appear the same.

We hope this has satisfactorily answered your query today. If we can be of any further assistance please
don't hesitate to email us back or call us on 1800 239 766. Our helpline is open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm.

Below is my actual final reply to them, which Dyson Customer Service team told me on the phone but did not write in their email reply above (item 1):

As spoken on the phone, the way you represented Dyson is not acceptable. Below is what you said on the phone:

1) It is normal to see dirt/dust inside bin on some of the new units. But why me?
I asked my brother whether he see this in his V10 when new - No
I asked my friend whether he sees this in his v-ball when new - No.

2) The depressed area on fluffy head is also normal caused by packaging. But why me?

Let me remind you this is Dyson $799 product, a premium and expensive brand, not Kmart $99 product. It should not be like that. I should have bought VAX instead.

You are right in saying the V8 I am having now is functionally working fine, but cosmetically and the way you respond is not acceptable. Hopefully this product will last long. Moving on and no further Dyson products for me.

Purchased for $699.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

I think it is a little bit overpriced but i think it worths! It is really so quite while using it to vacuum the floor, it is so easy to handle and use, you can go around with this easily

Product is used: Weekly

perfect

After using 5 or more expensive different brands. I can say I love this vaccume easy to use and actually does the work it says on the product manual. Highly recommend this one.

Purchased for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Good cleaner but check my comments

Good cleaner but anyone with even a small amount of arthritis should avoid it.
The fact that the trigger switch must be constantly held on, means that your finger will suffer. Poor design in my opinion.

Purchased at RetraVision.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Very handy for a small house

This vacuum is by far the best cordless vacuum cleaner I’ve used. It’s easy to manoeuvre has better suction then a lot of cheaper 240v vacuum cleaners and the motor head works very well on our carpets. It’s definitely ideal for either a smaller house or just spot cleaning. We have actually gotten rid of our 240v vacuum but we do have a smaller 3 x 1 house. All in all it makes cleaning a hole lot easier especially with a toddler and baby in the house. Update about 2 years in and the battery is dying a lot quicker now than it used to. Something to keep in mind.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $758.00.

Battery died

My Dysom V8 Absolute is 2 yrs old
The battery has died already
Probably better off buying a cheaper hand hel cordless and throw it away after a red Years
At least you expect the cheap one not last
Dyson says how good they are but this is my sec hand held cordless from Dyson that battery died
They need more research and better quality battery

Purchased at Dyson for $699.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Vacuuming is much easier - but not on my thumb

A friend of mine recommended the Dyson V6 to me but I ended up buying the V8 Absolute so we had a more advanced machine with one head for tiles and one for carpet as we have an even mix of both in our house. I am very happy with it except for the sore thumb knuckle which is now a callous. When I mentioned that to my friend he said he has the same problem but forgot to mention to me!
I have had the machine for about 6 months now and it has worked perfectly in that time. Vacuuming is so much easier now as you can walk and vac around the house, go outside and do the patios and even then give the car a quick once over quite easily. The suction is not great on normal but the versatility of using it makes up for that imo -no cords etc, dragging a machine, plugging and unplugging. High power suction is very good but doesn't last very long.
For me the main downside of the V8 is the wear it has on my thumb knuckle. I have tried starting to vacuum with the handle away from the thumb but after a little while the weight of the machine together with the angle of the handle ensure the weight goes back on that thumb/hand knuckle. My friend and my wife have the same problem when using the machine.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $649.00.

Blister

I love my Dyson V8. I have two furry cats and black furniture so the pet attachment makes my life a lot easier. Also for a quick vacuum the cordless option is quicker. The only problem I have is the fact that you have to keep your finger on the trigger the whole time to keep it operating and I always end up with a blister at the top of my thumb. Apart from that, I am very happy with my Dyson V8 and almost tempted to buy the V10.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $907.00.

Floor Type Wood
Hi Sonia, Thank you for reviewing your machine. Please email auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to assist with your machine. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting. Best wishes, Shan