Dyson

See the Best Appliance Brands in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

• Return Claim MadeYes (74) · No

Horrible service - charge you for cancelled items

i had placed an order and had it cancelled literally 1 min after placing the order and I was assured that my money would be refunded within 5-7 business days.
Not only did their incompetent people charge my account, but also shipped the order despite me sending them emails with proof of cancellations.
And now they expect them to go through the pain of collecting the delivery and posting it back to them on my dime and time!!!
Absolutely unprofessional and disgusting treatment to the client!

Person

Waiting for a refund for weeks

I ordered a hot/cold fan unit. What a waste of money. Absolute rubbish. Do not waste your money. Over priced, over rated.
I requested the 30 day not satisfied refund. 3 weeks later after receiving the product back, still waiting on my refund. No contact - nothing.
Do not waste your money on Dyson, absolutely zero customer care.

Person

I have contacted that email address about 6 times including after your response ! Still nothing, no answer, no reply. Your company is shameful. I have no alternative but now take it to consumer protection.

DysonDyson

This is highly unusual as we would never knowingly ignore an email.

Could you please reach out via Facebook Messenger or Live Chat with your details? Our chat links can be found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Right2say
Right2saySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience ever

It has been 5 months for refund, still waiting
It has been 5 months for refund, still waiting. I will never buy any Dyson product!! The cold and hot fan was faulty, sent to the repair service twice. I was promised for refund but they got so much excuses. Nothing was done from their promises, absolutely annoying and disappointing. The worst experience ever!!

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear about this and keen to follow this up for you.

Can you please forward your review, your details and any reference numbers you may have to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we'll be happy to look into this and assist.

JK K.
JK K.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst customer service

Don't buy Dyson. Overated, overpriced, and no customer service! My vacuum has had both power unit and main body assembly replaced. (Basically a brand new machine) Lasted Just over 12 months and just out of the warranty period. Upon emailing customer service, and waiting a week for replies.. I was told to send in the machine for a $65 service! Absolutely no give or any grace, considering the amount of money I paid on top of the original price of a very expensive vacuum cleaner. And why would a machine with 100% new parts need a service so soon? Extremely poor service with no common sense and an emphasis on just milking you for more money!

CharmaineSydney, NSW

HP04 Pure Hot+Cool Fan Heater

My Dyson was working perfectly until the 23.4.21 when is suddenly let out sparks and stopped working. It was still under the 12 month warranty which expired 5.5.21. I took it back to the place I bought it from and it went to Dyson service - when returned to the shop it still didn't work. It was sent back and I was notified (after I called several times) that it broke in transit. This is really not good enough as it's not a cheap unit and it was still in warranty. I believe I should've got a replacement straight up.

Charmaine

I was informed by The Good Guys Campbelltown (NSW) that this was what occurred and they are waiting for a response from Dyson on the next steps. All I want is a replacement machine as we head into winter.

Replacement battery

You guys rock with customer service.
Just got replacement battery.. under warranty.. but with absolutely no fuss at all.
A pleasure to deal with such great service

Rob
RobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dyson customer service goes above and beyond

Bought a V10 back in Nov 2018. Battery has pretty much given up the ghost over the last month or so (only get about 10 minutes of suction out of it now) but unfortunately the warranty ran out November last year. Got onto the Dyson website and found the Dyson chat service to be not only very professional but equally efficient. After answering a couple of questions about the battery and the performance of the vac, I was advised that despite the fact the warranty was approx 6 months out, they would be happy to send me out a replacement battery at no charge. I wouldn't even have to pay for postage. I didn't even have to ask or beg! The process could not have been any easier. If only other companies served their customers like this.

ben
benQueensland

V11 lemon

Unit is just over 12 months old, has already had the main unit replaced after 3 months of purchasing which has now failed an open circuit. After being promised a refund over the phone I take it back to the Harvey Norman and Dyson say no we want it back for another assessment are they for real??? . Weeks at a time without a vacuum is ridiculous after the $1040 price we paid. The customer service is non existent I don’t even know how they can sell such a faulty product with no solution. Currently waiting a call from a Dyson manager I will update with the process but will not back down.

Smoodge
SmoodgePerth, WA

Excellent Service

Two weeks before my 2 year warranty expired, my hair dryer started over heating and switching off after a short amount of time being on. The filter was cleaned regularly, so I contacted Dyson about putting through a warranty claim. That was easy and they sent me a pre paid label to send the dryer back.
I decided to drop it in to the Perth service centre instead. The lady had a quick look and said come back in 10 minutes after someone checks it out.
Go back in, they said there was an issue with it and will be sending me a brand new replacement. The new one has arrived and the whole process was painless and simple, with excellent customer service.

kal
kalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dyson v8 warranty

Elle L.
Elle L.South West, WA

Poor quality - onto 3rd battery in 2 years.

Purchased a Dyson New Years day 2019, by May the battery had died, replacement battery lasted a further 18 months then also died. Contacted Dyson support who said it is to be expected as batteries are a consumable item. Yes understandable however I have lithium batteries in my laptop, phone and other items that are used DAILY that have lasted much longer then my once a week vacuum use. Dyson offer replacement batteries for $89.00 however if I have to continue to buy these yearly the cost of the already inflated product dramatically increases. Money will be instead used to purchase a Tineco using a Dyson trade in service.

testdriver
testdriverMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very disappointing

Elizabeth Dawson
Elizabeth DawsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy and light to use great suction

Great service, my battery ran out just after warranty, they honoured the warranty and I received a new battery in a couple of days

Deivido
DeividoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish for the price

Overpriced, poor customer service, poor warranty (for the amount you pay for them) and the warranty you do get they give you every excuse under the sun not to honor it. Never again for me after my experience with them.

Ben
BenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Dyson customer care

Called Dyson customer care yesterday about a fault with our Dyson Cyclone V10 only to find out it was out of warranty. To our surprise I was told as a gesture of goodwill that they would replace the item at no charge anyway. Great to see a company that backs it’s products and provides superior customer care. Thanks Dyson.......

Doug Irving
Doug Irvingasked

Could I have an explanation of the uses of the 3 different heads

DysonDyson

As we have a number of different machines with different heads, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts directly to help get the information you are after.

You can get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger with our contact details and links to chat found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Reviewer
Reviewerasked

Obviously you didn’t work for Dyson back then but if you go back and watch the television advertisements from 5 to 10 years ago the Dyson vacuum cleaners were always advertised as “the vacuum cleaner that lasts a lifetime”, so I don’t know if you were living in an alternative reality than I was ?

DysonDyson

We are well aware of the advertising run within this familiar and can confirm this is not advertising Dyson have run.

While we have made claims about the suction of our machine (e.g. the fact we have tested DC54 to never lose suction in the machine's lifetime), we have never claimed our machines will last a lifetime.

Should you have any advertising you wish to query, please email copies of this to auaskdyson@dyson.com as this will be needed for us to look into your query further.

Brian Dasked

after sliding the cylinder on after cleaning very difficult to slide open to empty (stick vacuum)

Brian D

I Don't understand your answer - anyhow the problem has been solved

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives