Dyson

See the Best Appliance Brands in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

Tia B.
Tia B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very poor customer service

Called the support phone line to get some advice about whether I might need a new battery for my vacuum. The lady that I talked to was clueless and rude. I had the most frustrating and confusing conversation with her. She didn't once ask my what type of vacuum I had and was giving me all these strange instructions that were not relevant to my type of machine. Then told me the WRONG type of battery to buy (again, she didn't even ask me what type of vacuum it is!!). After hanging up I did my own googling and figured it out myself. Such a waste of time.

Joe
JoeWerribee

Unreliable and expensive

We've purchased three Dyson Cordless vacuum cleaners and we've had nothing but problems with them. We didn't mind paying high price but they really turned out to be a waste of money. Dyson Service are of no help. They just don't listen and keep spinning the same lines. Battery replacement was $109. Only used this one about 4 times because we kept it as a spare. Don't buy Dyson!

testdriver
testdriverMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very disappointing

Barbara
BarbaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Faulty cleanerhead

I have two Dyson Lightball vacuums and both cleanerheads have ceased to function. Is this an inherent problem with these machines?
I am not impressed. I reported the first one to go to Dyson and have now been waiting since 9th September for a replacement head.

Mat C.
Mat C.

Customer support - rubbish.

Nat
NatGoulburn Valley, VIC

Lets blame corona virus for bad customer service.

I purchased a dyson cordless 7 vacuum 9 months ago and for the passed 2 months i have been dealing with customer service as the battery stopped charging. They keep saying its on a shipment but because of the virus its held up. So hsvr been given 3 different dates it is expected to arrive. It is now been pushed out another month. So it will be 3 months my vacuum hasnt been working out of the 9 month's i have owned it. I would never buy another Dyson as there customer service is rubbish. No offers of replacing item . Think i eill stick with my Miele bag vacuum. At least it runs well . Very disappointed.

Poor Customer Service

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear of your experience and are keen to look into where this went wrong and get this sorted.

Please forward your review and details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and we will be in touch very shortly to assist.

So an update - still no vacuum cleaner and DYSON are still not answering my questions around the fact that no one followed up to check payment as they said they would

Trudi V.
Trudi V.Far North Queensland, QLD

Watch how much you pay at Checkout

I purchased my Dyson V8 Animal this year through a Dyson google ad. The price advertised was $50.00 less than what the online checkout allowed me to pay. I queried this with Dyson and was told "it was an old advertisement" and they outright refused to uphold the advertised price - which I forwarded to them. And Dyson now have the audacity to advertise they'll match any competitors advertised price. How hypocritical is that? Totally ruined the Dyson experience for me.

Leanne
LeanneIllawarra, NSW

Expensive product and poor performance

We have a hot / cold Dyson purifier for my babies room. We thought this would be top of the range and it has been pretty useless. It didn’t cool the room well in the summer and now it is either too hot or too cold at night and the temperature i have set it for does not work. It is very frustrating as we spent lots of money on this product and the only solution customer care can give me is to send it back but it will take over a month to be fixed. I use it twice a day for my baby and I am at a loss as to what to do as I need one in her room. Why can’t an engineer come and fix it here when we have spent so much money on a product that does not work? Not impressed currently.

Sean
SeanSydney, NSW

Disappointed about the Dyson Customer Service

Joe Bloke
Joe BlokeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Average performance, hugely over priced with little to no parts support in Australia.

Rob C
Rob CYamba

Don't buy if you live regional

Great Vacuum but they insist on the most minor repair work be done at their city centres and won't send you the parts for a simple D.I.Y. even if a thing is ridiculously trivial to fix like the three little rollers on the foot worth $20..My wife loves ours but its going in the re cycle bin and I'll buy her one we can get parts for ourselves. Too expensive to hassle around with waiting , service cost and postage etc etc. Stay away. City people only vacuums.

Carls
CarlsSydney, NSW

Dyson refusing exchange when air wrap has ceased working altogether

I purchased a Dyson air wrap 6 months ago and it has ceased working altogether. I’ve asked if I can exchange it at the Dyson store I purchased it from and been denied. I must send it to them and be without this product that I use as my only hair dryer until they can inspect it.

Trent
Trent

Great product but no loyalty offered

I have two Dyson vacuums. One is 6 years old and another 4 years old. The 4 year old stick vacuum has died and I would like to upgrade to one of the newer vacuums. I rang and they said the vacuum is close to being obsolete but because it wasn’t they couldn’t offer me a discount on a new machine. The amount you pay for these vacuums, I’m disappointed that they wont do anything to retain my business. I have to wait for a special to come up or pay the exorbitant price. Great product, crap service

GeeEss
GeeEssSydney, NSW

Rubbish Customer Service. Won't be buying your products again.

Doug Irving
Doug Irvingasked

Could I have an explanation of the uses of the 3 different heads

DysonDyson

As we have a number of different machines with different heads, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts directly to help get the information you are after.

You can get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger with our contact details and links to chat found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Reviewer
Reviewerasked

Obviously you didn’t work for Dyson back then but if you go back and watch the television advertisements from 5 to 10 years ago the Dyson vacuum cleaners were always advertised as “the vacuum cleaner that lasts a lifetime”, so I don’t know if you were living in an alternative reality than I was ?

DysonDyson

We are well aware of the advertising run within this familiar and can confirm this is not advertising Dyson have run.

While we have made claims about the suction of our machine (e.g. the fact we have tested DC54 to never lose suction in the machine's lifetime), we have never claimed our machines will last a lifetime.

Should you have any advertising you wish to query, please email copies of this to auaskdyson@dyson.com as this will be needed for us to look into your query further.

Brian Dasked

after sliding the cylinder on after cleaning very difficult to slide open to empty (stick vacuum)

Brian D

I Don't understand your answer - anyhow the problem has been solved

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives