Dyson

See the Best Appliance Brands in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Dyson

SusanW
SusanWThe Entrance

Exceptional customer service....even on a lockdown Sunday

My Dyson V6 was surging. The battery was replaced 6 months ago so i rang to check on parts warranty. I was informed that the battery was fine but that there was a blockage. I was helped over the phone to clear out the machine and now it works perfectly. Great customer service on a Sunday during the Covid lockdown. Well done Dyson.

happy customer
happy customerMid North Coast, NSW

support given

I have a dyson v6 vacuum cleaner which I am very happy with, Unfortunately one of the brushes became bent and couldn't be connected. When I contacted "support" I was so happy with the lady who I spoke to - she was not only very polite but extremely helpful and cheerful- this is unlike many "support"people so WELL DONE DYSON - I will keep using your products.

Ann
AnnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great After Sales Customer Service

Wonderful to use, but my V8 Absolute stick vacuum cleaner stopped working recently only one year after purchase. The customer service centre were fantastic and it was determined that it could be the battery and a new one was promptly sent out. This did not work and I was then sent a replacement main body part, which arrived four days after I called. My vacuum cleaner is now working well. I can't praise the staff from the customer service centre enough. They were amazing and so helpful and friendly.

liz
lizSouth East Queensland, QLD

Help Desk

I had trouble with 2 batteries i called the help line both times and they were really great with send me 2 new batteries and no cost because the 1st battery died after only having the cleaner for less than a year. I would love my Dyson its the best vaccum cleaner i have ever had.

Vee
VeeSydney, NSW

V8 Absolute-great but 2 battery replacements in 14 months

I LOVE this product and I actually enjoy vacuuming, due to the convenience of having it on the wall and it being cordless. It's incredibly handy and has great suction. Only concern I have is that the battery has failed twice in the 2 years we have it. We don't use it every day and I would expect a better battery from Dyson. Customer service has been brilliant and replacement battery sent out straightaway. Overall, a top-notch product and customer service.

MICKY
MICKYST CLAIR

From disappointed to satisfied

Initially I was very disappointed with the way my request was handled, especially being given an incorrect email address twice by Dyson team members.
Thankfully, S**n responded to me early this morning with good news.
I am happy that there was some goodwill provided based on my circumstances and the fact that I have been a loyal Dyson customer for almost 15 years.
Thank you for helping me out in this situation with my Dyson V11 and Dok.

Matt T.
Matt T.Sydney, NSW

Good service but long wait on phone

My Dyson V8 has been having issues with short runtimes. I called and there was a 35 min wait with no option for a call back.

But when I did get in contact with the agent they were very polite and ran through some basic diagnostics. The battery was diagnosed as faulty. Even though the battery isn't technically under warranty, they offered to replace it. They checked my purchase date and it was 2 years 2 weeks, so technically my vacuum was not even under warranty. But they still sent me a new battery free of charge. So notwithstanding the long wait times (which is not fault of the agents) they gave excellent service and exactly what should be expected of a premium brand.

Fried P.
Fried P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great vacuum. even better service

We have always used a dyson vacuum from our current home to previous homes. Our latest vacuum unforntately caused us a lot of grief. When we rang the support line they were helpful and understanding. They made getting a replacement of the vacuum so easy, no hassles, no accusations. They were very willing to ensure we got a great experience.

Dyson V7

Bought a Dyson V7 in September the battery died over 3 weeks ago (love the product when it’s working by the way) customer service said they would send one out after 2 weeks it did not turn up so I rang again and again because the wait times were so long, finally got through the next day only to be told they had no batteries in stock they had been held up by customs!!! Operator said early next week, I then received a message today saying after 10th March - not good enough I now have to go and buy another cleaner now!!! The battery wasn’t thrashed we have no pets and only do light cleaning as we are of pension age bought the V7 to make life easier and as I said it does but battery going so quickly really not good enough Dyson

SteveMJ
SteveMJ

Used warranty to cover battery issue

Our v6 dyson has died after 1.5 years of operation. have called the helpline who advised the vacuum battery life is only 2 years but have fixed our issue completely and send out a new battery. the product needs regular maintenance with cleaning but living in a smaller house works for us perfectly. also the staff over the phone i wish i could remember her name were fantastic and instrumental in there service and identified and fixed the issue with no worries

Sam
SamPerth

Dyson 7 a good product

We purchased Dyson 7 a couple of months ago. It is easy to assemble and use. Very light. Battery last for about 20 min which is enough to cover 140 sqm (light vacuuming).
After all we are happy about this product. I believe that Dyson 8 and above are more powerful.

The product yes - customer service ridiculous

Ellen Troitzsch
Ellen Troitzsch

Thank you for this quick response. I will send the email later

Tania
TaniaHunter Region, NSW

Customer Service Non contactable!!!!

Have tried to contact Dyson via the 1800 number in Australia for last two weeks. Answering service, if I am lucky, states not available and suggests going to their website.

More frequently just hangs up with nothing said. Tried New Zealand number also and their answering machine states their opening hours and presently closed even though calls made within open times.

What is going on???? Owned 5 Dyson vacuum cleaners over 30 years and never had a problem contacting them. PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THEIR CALL CENTRE HAS GONE OVERSEAS!!!!!!
Have read the other comments on this site. Obviously there is a issue with Dyson.

Please explain Dyson or your business in Australia will disappear. Maybe we all should contact consumer affairs

Lou fab
Lou fabIllawarra, NSW

Bit of a wait on line but rectified problem quickly

Dyson v6 stick vacuum running time had gone from about 20 minutes to 5minutes
Rang service centre re warranty and was told to do a few tests with them on phone with vac
And said yes a new battery will be sent to me in a few day

Barbara
Barbara

Reviewing my review

Taking back my last review got onto Dyson service department over weekend didn'the have to wait long person on phone took me through what could be wrong and explaned it so easyily so now have vacuum back to full power and working a treat lost without it

Doug Irving
Doug Irvingasked

Could I have an explanation of the uses of the 3 different heads

DysonDyson

As we have a number of different machines with different heads, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts directly to help get the information you are after.

You can get in touch with our Dyson Experts via phone, live chat or Facebook Messenger with our contact details and links to chat found here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Reviewer
Reviewerasked

Obviously you didn’t work for Dyson back then but if you go back and watch the television advertisements from 5 to 10 years ago the Dyson vacuum cleaners were always advertised as “the vacuum cleaner that lasts a lifetime”, so I don’t know if you were living in an alternative reality than I was ?

DysonDyson

We are well aware of the advertising run within this familiar and can confirm this is not advertising Dyson have run.

While we have made claims about the suction of our machine (e.g. the fact we have tested DC54 to never lose suction in the machine's lifetime), we have never claimed our machines will last a lifetime.

Should you have any advertising you wish to query, please email copies of this to auaskdyson@dyson.com as this will be needed for us to look into your query further.

Brian Dasked

after sliding the cylinder on after cleaning very difficult to slide open to empty (stick vacuum)

Brian D

I Don't understand your answer - anyhow the problem has been solved

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives