ESuperfund

ESuperfund Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

47 questions from our users

Rubyasked

What is the phone number for ESuperfund , Southgate Melbourne?

Customer Service M.ESuperfund

Hi Ruby, Please note that you may visit our Contact Us page at https://www.esuperfund.com.au/why-us/contact-us for more details.

According to website ... https://www.pr.com/company-profile/contact-info/130797

Southgate, VIC 3006
Australia

powerd
powerd

That number doesn't allow for actually speaking to a person. It only directs you to their website. As an existing customer i could leave a number and message and get an advisor to call me back so I could get a sensible answer.

I have tried lodging a query by the website but the responses just don't make sense in my case. I think they are from a machine. I have requested a callback from a person so I will see if it works.

The service used to be good but seems to have deteriorated this year. I need to question whether it is still good value if this is how they treat customers.

brent

brentasked

i wish to use someone in NZ as my 2nd trustee, am i able to do this...?

Customer Service M.ESuperfund

Hi Brent, We advise that only Residents of Australia can act as a Trustee/Member of a Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF).

Please note that the "resident of Australia" refers to ​​​​an Australian resident for tax purposes. ​ ​For detailed information, please visit https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/International-tax-for-individuals/Work-out-your-tax-residency/.

Sandra Little

Sandra Littleasked

With E super SMSF Can I trade the ASX200 daily? I am currently looking for an affordable DIY SMSF setup.
Kind Regards
S Little
san.lee1@optusnet.com.au

Customer Service M.ESuperfund

Hi Sandra, Clients of ESUPERFUND are permitted to invest in Australian Shares. Detailed information in relation to allowed investments can be found on our website at: https://www.esuperfund.com.au/investments/allowed

chassin

chassinasked

Am I locked in to use Esuperfund accounting and auditing service each year?
I mean, for some years, i may have few investments and the accounting and auditing service may not cost AUD899, if I use another service provider.

Are there any restrictions as to what I can invest in with my SMSF? or Am I allowed to invest in anything allowed by the ATO?

Customer Service M.ESuperfund

Hi Chassin, We advise that you are free to move to another Superfund or Accountant at any time. It is important however to understand that you can terminate the services of ESUPERFUND at any time and for any reason by notifying ESUPERFUND in writing. For more information regarding Investments, please visit the Investments Allowed (https://www.esuperfund.com.au/investments/allowed) page on our website.

Simon

Simonasked

What's their phone number?

Customer Service M.ESuperfund

Hi Simon, Please contact us via our website query form at https://www.esuperfund.com.au/email with your question/s and we will respond to you accordingly.

Ruby

Why can't we ever get the ESuperfund phone number? all businesses must be able to be contacted by phone surely.

According to website ... https://www.pr.com/company-profile/contact-info/130797

40 City Road
Southgate, VIC 3006
Australia

Salasked

If I want to change my super fund what are the procedures?

Thank you, I 've checked my email but there isn't any reply from you.

Regards
Sal Sortino

Customer Service J.ESuperfund

Hi Sal, if you already have an Existing SMSF, please note that unfortunately, we are unable to transition your Existing SMSF to ESUPERFUND. If you have any other queries, please specify the query and submit it via https://www.esuperfund.com.au/email

Sal

Hi and that for your email,

I am with another fund, but not SMSF.

Julius

Juliusasked

how long does it take Esuper to issue a super rollover for me to transfer to an Industrie superfund please? I am 83 yrs old .John

Customer Service M.ESuperfund

Hi John, We advise that the average processing time for preparation of Rollover Benefit Statement is 2-4 weeks.

Shaneel

Shaneelasked

Once you are with ESuper, can you get out of the service?. Is the any exit fee, looks like they don't allow existing SMSF to transition into theirs, about vice versa

Dan Moul
Dan Moul

ESuper are the best to answer this. They have an excellent answering service we have found. Personally speaking we are very happy to stay rather than exit.
Esuper would be the best to answer your transition and any questions you may have. Just give them a try or go online.
The ESuper internet site is also very good for searching for answers to questions. We especially enjoy the very simple language they use.

zircosil
zircosil

Yes you can use another SMSF administration company if you aren't happy with Esuperfund. Green Frog Super is one example where you can switch the administration to them (no joining or switching fee) without having to change any of your accounts etc.

Saying that, I have found Esuperfund to be very good as well.

Anthonyasked

Fully understand that "we are unable to transition (your) Existing SMSF to ESUPERFUND".
And that normally a rollover would be simply a cheque.
I'm anxious about unintended consequences if proceeding with rolling over (and hence closing) my existing SMSF (two spouses, about $3m all on ASX, currently all still accumulation although intend to start one pension phase in the next year)
For example, would I have to liquidate all to effect the rollover and wouldn't this mean a big CGT bill?
Can ASX securities be transferred off-market (OK fees apply) and not trigger cap gains? (ESUPERFUND website transfer forms refer, but I couldn't find much detail about this question - is it perhaps covered in the "establishment package"?)

Customer Service M.ESuperfund

Hi Anthony, We confirm that by liquidating your Existing SMSF assets you may trigger a large CGT bill. It should be noted that ESUPERFUND does not recommend that anyone wind up an Existing SMSF (as a way to move to our service) given the potential issues that may occur. We simply do not currently transition existing SMSF's to our service. Should this change in the future we will update our website accordingly.

Anthony

Thank you (ESuperfund Official) for your answer.

Taniaasked

How long does it take to set up a SMSF with eSuperfund in readiness to purchase an investment property?

Customer Service M.ESuperfund

Hi Tania, The timeline for setting up a SMSF with ESUPERFUND can be found on our website at https://www.esuperfund.com.au/setup/new-smsf-setup

Tania

Thankyou, I had gone onto the website after I asked the question, and found all my answers - 4 weeks approx. I have also applied to get set up, so will see how we go.

Sitaram

Sitaramasked

How do I join you
I have my SMSF but admin fees of accountant are very high
Dr S Vij

Customer Service J.ESuperfund

Hi Sitaram, if you already have an Existing SMSF, please note that unfortunately, we are unable to transition the Existing SMSF to ESUPERFUND.

Caleb

Calebasked

Where can I get it?

Gerard Carrasco
Gerard Carrasco

I am assuming you are asking for information about superfund. The website url is www.esuperfund.com.au

ak5921asked

Thinking of joining esuperfund with my hubby. What age can we acess the funds.? Thanks. AK

Customer Service M.ESuperfund

Hi AK. Generally, you must reach preservation age before you can access your super.

More information can be found here:

Lorraine

Lorraineasked

Is Esuperfund an industry fund and where are they situated?

chriswiecek

NO. They do not manage the fund. They handle the mandatory taxation and audit for our self managed fund. They have online access to our fund banking records and our commsec account records purely for the annual returns but no access to our actual accounts. We choose our own investments. They advise us of our minimum pension requirements. They are highly recommended
Their web site is found at www.esuperfund.com.au

Grant

Grantasked

Hi.. I'm with TWU super, and I'm thinking of joining ESuper, what are your total yearly fees. and can you assist with the roll over?

chriswiecek

My fee in Jan was $800. There are also govt charges which come off the annual return. Usually about $200. I rolled over both my wife's and my super into our SMSF. ESuperfund provided the forms which took a little attention to complete. They may do this online now. They are very helpful though email is the best approach. They will not provide investment advice. That is your choice. We have our money in shares with a cash reserve. Check their website.

Thelma

Thelmaasked

How can I claim my super?

Mierga

I presume you mean you would like to roll over a super account? Just fill an a rollover notification form and send to this super fund. Your new superfund can provide the form.
Also, try the mygov website. It found a couple of old super accounts for me and allowed me to request roll over online.

Cosmicsun

Cosmicsunasked

As an employer I need to do the contributions, and was wondering if esuperfund website is quite easy and clear to use for this purpose? Thank you

Prakash D
Prakash D

I am using Esuper as my smsf. The employer pays into the bank account of Mr n Mrs X superfund. No problems so far.

Mierga

contributions aren't made on their website. esuperfund accepts contributions from any of the usual super payment facilities, as well as simply deposit into the nominated bank account. The fund member will flag the deposit as an employer contribution.

kev

kevasked

How do I go about swapping from oneparth to e super costs, etc.?
kevin bishop
kevjobishop@bigpond.com

Customer Service M.ESuperfund

For more information about our fees, you can visit our website at https://www.esuperfund.com.au/fees/special-free-offer

For more information on SMSF setup/transition process, you can visit our website at https://www.esuperfund.com.au/fees/smsf-setup/new-smsf

If you are ready to apply, you can submit your application onine at https://app.esuperfund.com.au/

Nelz

Nelzasked

$200,000 in super - for the 2 of us. We want to borrow to purchase an investment property approx. $450,000. Do all expenses eg set up costs, loan application fees, real estate fees, stamp duty costs & borrowing expenses are thes eall deducted from the SMSF account that is set up. I am thinking we could provide 30% and leave the rest in the account? Please advise suggestions and thoughts. Looking to go with Esuperfund. Thanks for your time

Ian Tulloch
Ian Tulloch

Hi Nelz. Our super is quite simple, just a Commsec account and an ANZ savings account, both set up by Esuperfund.
You are best to talk to Esuperfund about your plan, they are very helpful. We have been very happy with Esuperfund, they handle all of the tax and SMSF issues for about $700 per year. We have been with them since 2008. Cheers, Ian

no name
no name

Hi Neiz, Suggest you contact eSuperfund and talk to them direct. They have all the answers on what you are seeking. I have been very happy with their service over many years and highly recommend them. Cheers, Raymond

ZLasked

I wish to start a SMSF, gather from above Q & A I need 2 members (trustees). Does this mean 2 people contributing to the SMSF I open with you and are there pelvis ions for non family members to open a fund together for the purpose of super/investment?

ZL

Please note above should read are there PROVISIONS to set up a super fund with anon family member (i.E friends setting up together)

Customer Service M.ESuperfund

Hi ZL, It is a legislative requirement that where a SMSF has individual Trustees, it must have a minimum of 2 Individual Trustees. Almost anyone can be a Trustee of a SMSF including a spouse, adult child, parents and friends as long as they over 18. If you cannot find a second adult Trustee or you have decided you do not want a second adult Trustee involved in the SMSF and you solely wish to be the SMSF Trustee then the only option is to establish a Company to act as Trustee for the SMSF. You will in turn be the sole Director and Shareholder of the Company giving you total control of the SMSF. Please see our website at http://esuperfund.com.au/smsf-trustees.html for further information.

Get an answer from our members and ESuperfund representatives