ESuperfund

AndrewSydney

Increasingly frustrating

Paul W.

Paul W.South East Queensland, QLD

Deceitful behaviour and misleading advertising

This company wanted to unilaterally increase our annual fees leading up to our complaint to the AFCA. In my view, their customer service is absolutely pathetic and their management of complaints is appalling. This is a recurrent issue as Esuperfund Pty Ltd has paid $30,600 in penalties after ASIC issued three infringement notices for false or misleading online advertising. Each infringement notice imposed a penalty of $10,200. The advertisements related to Esuperfund's business of providing self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) establishment and administration services online to clients. Each advertisement ran between 31 January 2014 and 8 May 2014.

Carla_Bahr

Carla_BahrQueensland

Site is not working the same.

Sabrina

SabrinaSydney, NSW

Canceling our application based on a scenario question !

super aggressive and bad customer services.
we asked questions based on a scenario that might happen in the future.
and they cancelled our fund registration application from their end and without even asking for our confirmation!!!

What a service!!!

Jim

JimNewcastle

Look Around For Another SMSF Agent

I have been with esuperfund for many years.
I have always found them to be very impersonal. When you do ask them a question they give you a prepared answer. Many times I have had to ask the same question over and over until I received a proper response.
They have limited scope of products they allow.
Am currently waiting for more than 3 months for my return to be prepared for last year after providing all the info they requested.
You can do better.

Luke Brittain-George

Luke Brittain-George

No support at all

This company provides no support at all. Ring their number as if you're an existing customer and try to get through if you don't believe me.

ABCD

ABCDPerth, WA

Absolutely Useless and Zero Customer Support

Use these guys at your own peril.
They are cheaper than the others for a reason. No Support And No Care!!
If your return has any issues beyond what their tax clerks can handle they will simply axe you as a client and remove your usage from their platform to prevent you from asking anymore questions (which by the way is the only way you can communicate with these people as they have no access to any phone support whatsoever).
Do yourself a favor, Use Somebody Else!!
Don't trust these guys with your accounts.

Woojin

WoojinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Removing as a Client has Consequences

No support, terrible administration

SAM

SAM

Does anyone work there?? - it`s impossible to speak to a human!

I am a member of this fund. I`ve now left 5 messages for someone to call me urgently to discuss why my tax return hasn't been lodged and I get no response. It`s incredibly frustrating!

WORST!!!

They have no phone contact, no even for paying soncumers....be prepared to wait days for a vague email response which is very long winded and technical, making it hard to understand.

Horrendous customer service

Utterly hopeless, shocking customer service, zero care factor. You can only contact them via the client portal and they will neither receive or make phone calls - imagine how frustrating this is when trying to discuss financial matters. The level or arrogance is astounding with their ''do the bare minimum" attitude, and their efforts to maximise their own profits to the customers detriment is blatantly obvious. Do yourself a favour, pay a little bit more and use your own accountant.

Warning. Do not use.

Terrible

This company is [word removed] don't use them, they don't finish what they start. would never use them again.
Going to some one else

Paul CPA

Paul CPABrisbane

Beware.. Esuperfund will dump you without any warning

Esuperfund just sent me an email today saying that they have cancelled their service to us effective today. We have been with them for four years. Apparently they changed some of the investment types that they allow and have excluded SMA's and WRAP's, but rather than point this out to their clients or get in contact to explain the changes for those clients with those products they just cut the cord and leave you high and dry. I was a convert and loved the way the system worked but now I can no longer recommend this service.

No useful response

I have been unable to get a answer as to which structure i have to put on a property purchase contract.. instead i get sent a generic link. Nothing within esuper is personalised & you cant talk to anyone. Nobody will call you if requested. As i need advice i will have to pay for it elsewhere. Approved products are too restrictive.

They can't handle the work load and fees up 40% in 3 years

Each year they take longer and longer to process returns and the fees just keep rising!
I was told they would prioritise my return as there are a few issues, so I spent the weekend in July when they opened my portal finalising my input but still have heard nothing and that's their idea of prioritising my account.
They clearly aren't coping with the amount of accounts they have taken on.

Unprofessional Service

Been with Esuperfund for two years. The first year's return was processed on time (barely) however the team at Esuperfund were not responsive and I had to chase them to get this done. The second year they pulled the pin on my service after initially committing to auditing Crypto currencies in March this year, backed out on this position in October, and asked us to go somewhere else. Glad this happened as my feeling is they are a low cost provider and do the bare minimum. Ask too many questions you become an unwanted overhead. You get what you pay for is so true! All the positive comments are from the newbies, I would like to see the churn rate over time.

Terrible Customer Service and Failed in everything

Been a client with them for 3 years , and initially was alright but has become unresponsive and extremely poor customer service, one day I can't login the portal I try to call couldn't get through and submit an online query wondering why. I got email reply saying they have drop me as a client and I found out they have left two financial year return not done and then blame me for not responding when they have not contact me at all

Yi Ping
Yi Ping

Darren Fishburn

Darren Fishburnasked

Do the brokers/trading platforms esuperfund use enable trading in cryptocurrency? If not can I use my own crypto trading apps/platforms and how hard will that make the admin/auditing process for eofy?

MattPP

Australian based cryptocurrency exchanges are supported. You can get much more information on supported investments on their site at: https://www.esuperfund.com.au/learn/learning-modules/learning-modules

scherobiasked

What is your (eSuperfund) contact phone number so that I can discuss some questions before I complete my online application ?

MattPP

They don't do anything over the phone any more; all contact is via the secure email on their site. It sounds strange but it works; everything gets answered quickly. Also, each time they answer a question, along with the answer you also get a nudge to the information and/or function on the platform so you'll know how to do it yourself next time. My experience was that after setup and the first tax return there is rarely any reason for contact. But if you're the kind of person who needs regular contact with their accountant for example, then this is probably not the system for you. If it sounds as if I have a connection with them I promise you I don't - I'm just a happy customer - and the kind of person who always prefers the self serve aisle in a supermarket.

I agree with MattPP

scherobi

problem is I would like to get more of a rundown on the platform itself and the extent of transactional data entry I will be expected to do as trustee versus what integrates from brokers and bank transactions, then secondly does the platform offer full historic views of the SMSF performance and is that as up to date as daily, weekly, monthly , quarterly of just from one EOFY to the current / next one, thirdly - I have used Sharesight in the past integrated from CMC and it keeps a pretty good handle on cumulative profits and tax basis LIFO / FIFO etc etc, is there anything at that level of detail and current ytd performance to aide with decisions as to maybe take a loss and offset to move into something with better prospects for example a bit of a what if tool kind of

David W

David Wasked

can i transfer money from another super fund into my anz account attached to superfund

ESuperfund
Customer Service V.ESuperfund

Hi David,
Once your SMSF has been established you will be able to transfer your existing super benefits to your new SMSF. For more information regarding Rollover, please visit our website: https://www.esuperfund.com.au/learn/rollovers/rollovers

Geoff B.

Mark at eSuperfund can answer this question for you via their email portal. Having said this if your ANZ account is your eSuperfund transaction account then yes you can transfer funds from your other superannuation account o your eSuperfund account.

But you will need a Roll Over Benefits statement from the other superannuation account which you will need to lodge with eSuperfund - as this is what is use to determine the concessional and non concessional portions of your other super and also to enable and accurate assessment of your superannuation to ensure you are not going over any limits such as the $1.6M balance cap. You will also need to raise a TBAR in eSuperfund to let the tax department know that you have transferred superannuation funds from one place to an other. If you don't do this the tax office will not know of the transfer and will think you have increased your superannuation balance by double what you have transferred.

I hope this makes sense. I am not a superannuation professional so I would suggest you confirm this with eSuperfund.

Get an answer from our members and ESuperfund representatives