ESuperfund

Terrible customer service

Had enormous difficult contacting and dealing with esuper fund, they cancelled my contract with them with no warning based on my annual and GST statements not being signed the previous year. Very difficult to deal with the customer service manager, and on the few occasions he responded to emails they were rude and short.

Would not recommend

John

JohnMonash ACT

Poor at Customer communication

I have been using Esuperfund for approximately 5 years.While they do a good job at administrating my SMSF it is becoming more difficult to communicate with them if you have a query. Esuperfund now require you to login to their website to communicate with them and frustratingly do not email you back a response but require you to login to their website to see if they have responded. It would not be difficult for them to email you to tell you that you have a message waiting but this is not what they do. Esuperfund have told me that this is now their communication process. This can be frustrating and can result in unnecessary delays however their overall SMSF admin services are good.

High fees did not do my accounts because I bought and sold an asset.

SMSF / Small Funds

Find out how ESuperfund compares to other SMSF / Small Funds

Darren Fishburn

Darren Fishburnasked

Do the brokers/trading platforms esuperfund use enable trading in cryptocurrency? If not can I use my own crypto trading apps/platforms and how hard will that make the admin/auditing process for eofy?

MattPP

Australian based cryptocurrency exchanges are supported. You can get much more information on supported investments on their site at: https://www.esuperfund.com.au/learn/learning-modules/learning-modules

scherobiasked

What is your (eSuperfund) contact phone number so that I can discuss some questions before I complete my online application ?

MattPP

They don't do anything over the phone any more; all contact is via the secure email on their site. It sounds strange but it works; everything gets answered quickly. Also, each time they answer a question, along with the answer you also get a nudge to the information and/or function on the platform so you'll know how to do it yourself next time. My experience was that after setup and the first tax return there is rarely any reason for contact. But if you're the kind of person who needs regular contact with their accountant for example, then this is probably not the system for you. If it sounds as if I have a connection with them I promise you I don't - I'm just a happy customer - and the kind of person who always prefers the self serve aisle in a supermarket.

I agree with MattPP

scherobi

problem is I would like to get more of a rundown on the platform itself and the extent of transactional data entry I will be expected to do as trustee versus what integrates from brokers and bank transactions, then secondly does the platform offer full historic views of the SMSF performance and is that as up to date as daily, weekly, monthly , quarterly of just from one EOFY to the current / next one, thirdly - I have used Sharesight in the past integrated from CMC and it keeps a pretty good handle on cumulative profits and tax basis LIFO / FIFO etc etc, is there anything at that level of detail and current ytd performance to aide with decisions as to maybe take a loss and offset to move into something with better prospects for example a bit of a what if tool kind of

David W

David Wasked

can i transfer money from another super fund into my anz account attached to superfund

ESuperfund
Customer Service V.ESuperfund

Hi David,
Once your SMSF has been established you will be able to transfer your existing super benefits to your new SMSF. For more information regarding Rollover, please visit our website: https://www.esuperfund.com.au/learn/rollovers/rollovers

Geoff B.

Mark at eSuperfund can answer this question for you via their email portal. Having said this if your ANZ account is your eSuperfund transaction account then yes you can transfer funds from your other superannuation account o your eSuperfund account.

But you will need a Roll Over Benefits statement from the other superannuation account which you will need to lodge with eSuperfund - as this is what is use to determine the concessional and non concessional portions of your other super and also to enable and accurate assessment of your superannuation to ensure you are not going over any limits such as the $1.6M balance cap. You will also need to raise a TBAR in eSuperfund to let the tax department know that you have transferred superannuation funds from one place to an other. If you don't do this the tax office will not know of the transfer and will think you have increased your superannuation balance by double what you have transferred.

I hope this makes sense. I am not a superannuation professional so I would suggest you confirm this with eSuperfund.

Get an answer from our members and ESuperfund representatives