ESuperfund

• Rates and Fees
Simon C

Simon CPerth

Cheap but beware of the downsides

Ian Parr

Ian ParrSydney Surrounds, NSW

Compared to some Super Predators out there this is OK but attitude adjustment wouldn't go astray

Using them since 2010. They have a good web site that has got a lot better.
Some minor issues and service was very good at first but last time I emailed a valid question to my Manager I was reprimanded for not using their web site, which was new . Also don't like being chased by Tax Dept out of the blue when they didn't pass the assessment notice on. So all in all OK but my Manager needs an attitude adjustment. Oh yeah ... and when I get a message to login and check my in box it better be important and not self-promotional rubbish like this.

Contact number

I have located a number on which you can contact ESuperfund;

1300 224 797

It was contained within my establishment details document, under step 3 - "Enter the tax file number for your SMSF. This can be located on the following page of the documentation under Fund Particulars. If you do not know your Funds Tax File Number please contact ESUPERFUND on 1300 224 797."

SMSF / Small Funds

Find out how ESuperfund compares to other SMSF / Small Funds

Karen

KarenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Get what you pay for

OK service though took five months to prepare tax return. Lost money as I wanted to transfer money to a higher earning fund but they won't let you until return lodged and any tax paid.

Opportunity for improvement

Most aspects of the business model is fine. Do understand that it an on-line model and generally works well.
I think there is a need for human interface - not always but, under certain circumstances.
The major issue for me is the total inability to talk to any human being on any pressing matters.

Dario Regazzoni

Dario Regazzoni

Could improve!

We must have been one of the first clients joining ESuper way back.
All is well until we have a question. Whatever the question may be, we never get a response, so we decided
not to bother. Shame, as otherwise we enjoy the services provided.

This is a great product

A few years ago I set up a family Superfund using ESuperfund and can say it went off without a hitch. Since then I have spoken with many who have their own Superfund's and they often complain about the cost of compliance which I am happy to say is always more than what I am paying at ESuperfund. Great job everyone.

Review collected in partnership with ESuperfund

5 Stars If ESuper Makes One Change as Suggested Below.

I would give ESuper 5 stars if it processed super returns where a tax rebate is involved, FIRST.
Most of the people effected are probably retired and appreciate the Tax Rebate asap.

Not difficult to identify those receiving a rebate. Retired and franked dividends which outweigh interest or rent payments.
Or if too difficult then process returns for people who received a tax rebate in the prior year.

Thank you for the opportunity to give feedback

Regards Jeff Rose

So .. So !

Been with them for 10 years - with mixed results.
Setup was fairly easy.
Ongoing ... sometimes good - but not all changes to their website/systems have been helpful ... and communication & level of support can be unreliable. Have had trouble getting prompt responses to queries.

SMSF / Small Funds

Find out how ESuperfund compares to other SMSF / Small Funds

Steve2222

Steve2222

Maybe not for existing SMSF

Darren Fishburn

Darren Fishburnasked

Do the brokers/trading platforms esuperfund use enable trading in cryptocurrency? If not can I use my own crypto trading apps/platforms and how hard will that make the admin/auditing process for eofy?

MattPP

Australian based cryptocurrency exchanges are supported. You can get much more information on supported investments on their site at: https://www.esuperfund.com.au/learn/learning-modules/learning-modules

scherobiasked

What is your (eSuperfund) contact phone number so that I can discuss some questions before I complete my online application ?

MattPP

They don't do anything over the phone any more; all contact is via the secure email on their site. It sounds strange but it works; everything gets answered quickly. Also, each time they answer a question, along with the answer you also get a nudge to the information and/or function on the platform so you'll know how to do it yourself next time. My experience was that after setup and the first tax return there is rarely any reason for contact. But if you're the kind of person who needs regular contact with their accountant for example, then this is probably not the system for you. If it sounds as if I have a connection with them I promise you I don't - I'm just a happy customer - and the kind of person who always prefers the self serve aisle in a supermarket.

I agree with MattPP

scherobi

problem is I would like to get more of a rundown on the platform itself and the extent of transactional data entry I will be expected to do as trustee versus what integrates from brokers and bank transactions, then secondly does the platform offer full historic views of the SMSF performance and is that as up to date as daily, weekly, monthly , quarterly of just from one EOFY to the current / next one, thirdly - I have used Sharesight in the past integrated from CMC and it keeps a pretty good handle on cumulative profits and tax basis LIFO / FIFO etc etc, is there anything at that level of detail and current ytd performance to aide with decisions as to maybe take a loss and offset to move into something with better prospects for example a bit of a what if tool kind of

David W

David Wasked

can i transfer money from another super fund into my anz account attached to superfund

ESuperfund
Customer Service V.ESuperfund

Hi David,
Once your SMSF has been established you will be able to transfer your existing super benefits to your new SMSF. For more information regarding Rollover, please visit our website: https://www.esuperfund.com.au/learn/rollovers/rollovers

Geoff B.

Mark at eSuperfund can answer this question for you via their email portal. Having said this if your ANZ account is your eSuperfund transaction account then yes you can transfer funds from your other superannuation account o your eSuperfund account.

But you will need a Roll Over Benefits statement from the other superannuation account which you will need to lodge with eSuperfund - as this is what is use to determine the concessional and non concessional portions of your other super and also to enable and accurate assessment of your superannuation to ensure you are not going over any limits such as the $1.6M balance cap. You will also need to raise a TBAR in eSuperfund to let the tax department know that you have transferred superannuation funds from one place to an other. If you don't do this the tax office will not know of the transfer and will think you have increased your superannuation balance by double what you have transferred.

I hope this makes sense. I am not a superannuation professional so I would suggest you confirm this with eSuperfund.

Get an answer from our members and ESuperfund representatives