Earth Choice All in One Dish Tablets

Earth Choice All in One Dish Tablets (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Dishwasher Tablets & Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Earth Choice? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Effectively cleans dishes

• Easy to use

• No chemical fragrance

Cons

• Tablet doesn't always completely dissolve

Leaves my cups as tea stained as they started

Tea cups actually seem to gain dirt.
Often things come out feeling slightly greasy.
Was using an ECo-friendly dishwash tablet in Europe and it was brilliant.
Love the fact that I feel as though I can trust the fact that my dishes aren't coated with some carcinogenic chemical. Hence 2 stars not 1.
Disappointing. Tried it with some bi carb of soda and it was marginally better. Will add more next time.

Tom A
Tom ANortheast, VIC

Used to be better

Have been using these for a couple years now. Initially I was quite happy with them but after the recent changes, not so much. I now cut them out of the supposedly dissolving wrapper, because, well it doesn't seem to dissolve fast enough and was reducing the effectiveness of the tablets.

Chelle
ChelleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing

I usually use the Eco Store tablets, but they were sold out when I needed to buy a new box recently. Consequently, I decided to try these.

They're getting the glasses, cups and plates clean, but that's about all. Every pot needs to be scrubbed by hand when it comes out. The cutlery isn't clean enough, either. Plastic wear is being left with a residue.

Disappointing, because I absolutely love all the other Earth's Choice products I use.

Dishwasher Tablets & Cleaners

Find out how Earth Choice All in One Dish Tablets compares to other Dishwasher Tablets & Cleaners

Never again

Thought i'd give these a go as they are better for the environment and cheaper than other brands. Unfortunately they leave a powder residue on all my plastic items and cutlery. On closer inspection some plates as well. Now doing the 3rd wash on the same items. What a waste of money, power and water. I will never buy these again.

Excellent!

These dishwasher tablets are great. Dishes come out sparkling clean .I rarely bother to hand rinse first. Everything goes in together(glasses,crockery,cutlery and pots and pans.) and no issues. Love Earth Choice products. Never any problems with our septic.

Jenni Love this product
Jenni Love this product

great fot the enviroment and works very well

Very impressed I use this in my cheap dishwasher and my mum uses it in an expensive one, it works really well, crystal clear glasses, and removes the coffee stains on cups better than scrubbing love it thanks

Jennome
JennomeCastlemaine, Vic

No Problems

I find these tablets just fine. I always put it on the bottom of the d/washer as they don't fit in my dispenser, so it always dissolves. I sometimes wonder if people rinse their dishes, specially dinner plates, before putting them in the machine. I'm sure this makes a huge difference to the performance of both the washer and detergent, along with not overloading. I've raised a lot of eyebrows over the years at the way some people stack their machines, so I'm not surprised there's performance issues. I only wash every few days, so in the interim day I do a pre-rinse, which may not be a function of all dishwashers. However, I do agree that the Finish Powerball tablets are probably the best. I buy them on eBay.

Sam Ho
Sam HoAU

Always come back to this

These are really effective in our very old Miele dishwasher. It's a complete bonus that they are half the price of other brands and are also environmentally friendly. A few times I've bought the leading brands because of sales but they have not cleaned as well and I can't stand the strong smell they leave on my dishes.

Double handling

A bit frustrated here, after seeing reviews on sunrise they said these earth choice tablets were the most popular choice across Australia , so I thought I'd give them a go (normally always use finish tablets)
Anyway I brought a box, did my rinsing and stacking and put a load on, to find this morning all my dishes still greasy and half dirty, so I had to take them all out and hand wash them anyway! Talk about double handling
Won't ever buy these again

steveandmaggie
steveandmaggieSydney, NSW

tried to be green, but caused massive machine problems???

Our Miele dishwasher threw up an error message necessitating a very expensive service call. The technician said not to use Earth Choice tablets as they had caused all the problems in the machine; only use Finish.
Who knows?

Donna
DonnaHunter Region, NSW

Won't bother using again

The tablets don't remove the tea stains out of our cups, had to hand wash these which defeats the purpose of having a dishwasher. We have gone back to our preferred Aldi brand. No more hand washing yeah

Ellen
EllenAdelaide

Won't buy anything else

Waste of money

Had to wash dishes three times in the dishwasher then once by hand. Not good for the environment there. Will be going back to finish or fairy job done first time. That's seems better for the environment.

Sandringham10
Sandringham10Melbourne

Work well

Apart from one or two occasions when the tablets have not fully diluted, these Earth Choice dishwashing tablets do a very good job.

My dishes and cutlery comes out looking good - probably not perfect, but good nonetheless.

A generally reliable product from a manufacturer that seems to know what it is doing.

camr
camrAU

What a joke

How did these even get past the product testing stage? Sadly it's products like these and the fake 5-star posts that give the good green brands a bad name. Shame on woolies for stocking this rubbish and ripping consumers off

GPHobart, TAS

Cheap and very effective

Chris
ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't bother

Probably the most expensive tablets to buy. They perform poorly. A few dishes always come out unwashed. So extra hand washing is required. Trying to be green is nice, but I'm not sure whether the ingredients are that much different from other brands.

J80
J80AU

Great results

I love these dishwashing tablets -i get a great clean (I don't even pre-rinse) & have never had an issue with them not dissolving as others have commented. I've used them for years now, and never an issue. Being environmentally conscious is a huge plus, being phosphate free and biodegradeable. The seem to be a good option ecconomically too in comparison to other brands.

Buyer beware!

I am a serviceman for a very large appliance company and have seen what this product does to machines. Earth choice may be good for the environment but terrible for the machine. It erodes and breaks down all rubber seals within the machine and plastic feeder tubes, costing alot to fix and in several cases writing the machine off. Use at own risk!!!

KiwiNZ
KiwiNZWA, 6125

Good Intentions - Poor Results

I bought these tablets as a safe, eco friendly alternative that was good for my domectic septic system. I have a F&P Dishdraw, sadly these did not clean the dishes at all and the tablets also did not fully dissolve in the wash. Returned them for a refund. Sadly disappointed

Briony
BrionyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pleasantly surprised.

I thought I'd give these tablets a go, as they contain no phosphate, and are more environmentally friendly than some other leading brands and are less expensive too. Septic safe also.
The results were great. Everything comes out sparkling clean and there is no residue. I had no issues with the tablet or wrapper not dissolving. I will continue to buy these.

bzerk86
bzerk86Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love These Tablets

Never had an issue with these tablets and have been using them for over a year. From delicate wine glasses to the dirtiest pots, they work very well. No clouding of glasses and I believe the dishes are as clean, if not cleaner than when I used to use the big "F" brand. Not the cheapest but you of get 42 tablets per pack.

vaughan.elphick
vaughan.elphickVictoria, Australia

Great

I've used this product in the past, yes the plastic didn't dissolve and powder was still left in there, but I just ran it through on the next load and worked, 2 for the price of 1!

IF for some reason it doesn't clean the dishes and you try it in your compartment AND your machine itself you can try Ecostore Auto Dishwasher Tablets instead. They are getting a slightly better rating on customer reviews (although slightly below this on choice maybe because of the price) but better cleaning and working results while still being Earth and health friendly.

me59
me59Perth

Clean dishes well - when tablet dissolves properly

I thought I'd try these as they are more environmentally friendly. I haven't noticed any residue on my dishes as other reviewers have - dishes generally come out clean. I find that the tablet doesn't always dissolve properly though (sometimes hardly dissolves at all) and I have to run it again. I find this frustrating. I have not experienced this with Finish tablets. Maybe I will just put it in the bottom of the dishwasher.

bestbets
bestbetsAU

Avoid

I used the powder version of this product, and found it's application disappointing.

Where the Phosphate-Laden Finish, or Phosphate-Free Morning Fresh could remove soils on faster cycles, this stuff cannot (Both contain enzymes).

No residue was left on dishes, and the product doesn't foam excessively. Maybe worth the shot if you pre-rinse/wash everything or want to waste time and energy running heavy cycles all the time.
(Slightly) cheaper than Finish, Not foaming much, Good Rinsing
Lacks Phosphates, Cleans Poorly on soiled loads

Mel
Melasked

Where is EC dishwasher tablet made now? The package no longer shows the manufacture information any more and I have stopped buying them since.

Sapphire

my box says france
its near the barcode

Lisa Cattarin
Lisa Cattarinasked

I currently use Earth Choice tablets for my dishwasher and was wondering if there is an Earth Choice for the rinse aid section. I currently am using the 'Rinse Aid Finish' product but shouldnt be because of my septic tank? Could you pls let me know if Earth Choice make a rinse aid for the dishwasher?

Gilda
Gilda

I phoned the Earth Choice people this week as we've just bought a dishwasher and as we are on the septic system I asked about a rinse aid - apparently they don't sell one at the moment but are thinking about it! So at the moment we are doing without.....:)

GP

No they don't but the Eco Store one is good!

Red Z.
Red Z.

I use white vinegar as a rinse aid - works brilliantly. Everything comes out gleaming clean and dry.

Features:

• Earth Choice All in One Dish Tablets soaks and cuts through grease, helps rinse dishes, neutralises odour, removes tough stains (including tea stains), and removes crusty food remnants.
  • The dishwashing tablet is made of a plant and mineral-based formula, making it biodegradable and waterway-safe.
  • No harsh chemicals are used in the formula, and Earth Choice is accredited as cruelty free by Choose Cruelty Free.
  • It’s also packaged in a fully recycled carton box, making it plastic free and even more eco-friendly.
  • Each tablet is wrapped in a 100% biodegradable, dissolvable wrapper, so they’re easy to use and convenient.

Points of praise:

• The majority of reviewers found that the dishwashing tablets effectively cleaned all their dishes - from glasses and crockery to cutlery and pots and pans.
  • According to reviewers, this product was generally easy to use, particularly because they didn’t need to remove the wrapping around each tablet.
  • Reviewers also appreciated that the product didn’t have a chemical fragrance, and didn’t smell unpleasant.

A point of pain:

• A number of reviewers said that the dishwashing tablet didn’t always dissolve in the machine, which sometimes left behind a powder residue on dishes.
CategoryDishwasher Tablets & Cleaners