Earth Choice All in One Dish Tablets

Earth Choice All in One Dish Tablets

Pros

• Effectively cleans dishes

• Easy to use

• No chemical fragrance

Cons

• Tablet doesn't always completely dissolve

LINTON

LINTON

Doesn't clean all the dishes

After using this product for a few days I keep getting dishes coming out dirty.

Bits of food still stuck to the plates, bowls and oil still on the frying pan

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $16.20.

Clint

ClintPerth, WA

Tablet gets sticky and fails to be dispensed

When the dishwasher finishes the wash, open it, you will see the tablet is still in the dispenser! Yes, the tablet sticks there. Of course, dishes are not clean, you then restart the cycle...
The tablet causes inconvenience and more water usage.
The cumulative failure rate has reached 20% since I realised the recurrence and started counting.

JaneTM

JaneTM

Disappointed

Bought this after recommended by Choice on the Today Show. Might clean but soap suds ALWAYS left no matter what cycle I use. Even when I ran the machine a second time just thru a rinse cycle didn't work.

Dishwasher Tablets & Cleaners

Find out how Earth Choice All in One Dish Tablets compares to other Dishwasher Tablets & Cleaners

Discolouring plastic and not cleaning properly

With these tablets my dishes only get clean if I put my machine on the intensive setting. With other tablets I could use the eco setting, but with Earth Choice this is not sufficient.
I found several plastic and metal objects were discoloured after washing with Earth Choice. Never had this experience with other brands.
For dish washing Earth Choice is Bad Choice!

Leaves my cups as tea stained as they started

Tea cups actually seem to gain dirt.
Often things come out feeling slightly greasy.
Was using an ECo-friendly dishwash tablet in Europe and it was brilliant.
Love the fact that I feel as though I can trust the fact that my dishes aren't coated with some carcinogenic chemical. Hence 2 stars not 1.
Disappointing. Tried it with some bi carb of soda and it was marginally better. Will add more next time.

Chelle

ChelleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing

I usually use the Eco Store tablets, but they were sold out when I needed to buy a new box recently. Consequently, I decided to try these.

They're getting the glasses, cups and plates clean, but that's about all. Every pot needs to be scrubbed by hand when it comes out. The cutlery isn't clean enough, either. Plastic wear is being left with a residue.

Disappointing, because I absolutely love all the other Earth's Choice products I use.

Never again

Thought i'd give these a go as they are better for the environment and cheaper than other brands. Unfortunately they leave a powder residue on all my plastic items and cutlery. On closer inspection some plates as well. Now doing the 3rd wash on the same items. What a waste of money, power and water. I will never buy these again.

Double handling

A bit frustrated here, after seeing reviews on sunrise they said these earth choice tablets were the most popular choice across Australia , so I thought I'd give them a go (normally always use finish tablets)
Anyway I brought a box, did my rinsing and stacking and put a load on, to find this morning all my dishes still greasy and half dirty, so I had to take them all out and hand wash them anyway! Talk about double handling
Won't ever buy these again

steveandmaggie

steveandmaggieSydney, NSW

tried to be green, but caused massive machine problems???

Our Miele dishwasher threw up an error message necessitating a very expensive service call. The technician said not to use Earth Choice tablets as they had caused all the problems in the machine; only use Finish.
Who knows?

Donna

DonnaHunter Region, NSW

Won't bother using again

The tablets don't remove the tea stains out of our cups, had to hand wash these which defeats the purpose of having a dishwasher. We have gone back to our preferred Aldi brand. No more hand washing yeah

Waste of money

Had to wash dishes three times in the dishwasher then once by hand. Not good for the environment there. Will be going back to finish or fairy job done first time. That's seems better for the environment.

camr

camrAU

What a joke

How did these even get past the product testing stage? Sadly it's products like these and the fake 5-star posts that give the good green brands a bad name. Shame on woolies for stocking this rubbish and ripping consumers off

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't bother

Probably the most expensive tablets to buy. They perform poorly. A few dishes always come out unwashed. So extra hand washing is required. Trying to be green is nice, but I'm not sure whether the ingredients are that much different from other brands.

Buyer beware!

I am a serviceman for a very large appliance company and have seen what this product does to machines. Earth choice may be good for the environment but terrible for the machine. It erodes and breaks down all rubber seals within the machine and plastic feeder tubes, costing alot to fix and in several cases writing the machine off. Use at own risk!!!

KiwiNZ

KiwiNZWA, 6125

Good Intentions - Poor Results

I bought these tablets as a safe, eco friendly alternative that was good for my domectic septic system. I have a F&P Dishdraw, sadly these did not clean the dishes at all and the tablets also did not fully dissolve in the wash. Returned them for a refund. Sadly disappointed

bestbets

bestbetsAU

Avoid

I used the powder version of this product, and found it's application disappointing.

Where the Phosphate-Laden Finish, or Phosphate-Free Morning Fresh could remove soils on faster cycles, this stuff cannot (Both contain enzymes).

No residue was left on dishes, and the product doesn't foam excessively. Maybe worth the shot if you pre-rinse/wash everything or want to waste time and energy running heavy cycles all the time.
(Slightly) cheaper than Finish, Not foaming much, Good Rinsing
Lacks Phosphates, Cleans Poorly on soiled loads

nrsnat

nrsnat

Didn't clean dishes at all

Really disappointed by these tablets, after running the same dishes through the machine twice, once with the tablet in the dispenser, once throwing it in the bottom of the machine, I have glass jars that are still as dirty as before I washed them. I love their dishwashing liquid, fabric softener and laundry liquid, but I'll be going back to environmentally unfriendly tablets from now on.
Nice smell
Doesn't clean dishes

Jodie

JodieNewcastle

Not the best

I continue to buy these dish washing tablets due to the fact that they don't contain too many harsh chemicals. After each wash I notice that the tablet is not fully dissolved, and there is sometimes a fine residue on the dishes. My dishwasher is not that old and other brands do not do this.
No harsh chemicals
The tablets don't dissolve!

Dashreca

DashrecaToowoomba

Hate to have to say this ...

I have been purchasing these tablets for quite some time, but I feel I will resort back to Finish tablets. I find that the tablets just don't dissolve most of the time and leave a residue over all the dishes which means I have to wash everything by hand. I agree with the other comment that this doesn't happen with Finish. I prefer to use more natural products whenever I can, but it has been my experience that these ones simply don't work as well. I will continue to use their dishwashing liquid though.
Cost effective, more natural product
Tablets don't dissolve meaning I have to rewash & therefore use more water etc.

SukMaan Kong

SukMaan KongHobart, TAS

Does not dissolve well

like the other reviewers, i have always bought the Earth Choice product because they are environmental friendly. However, there are a few occassions that the tablets did not dissolve completely and sometimes i can feel the residue detergent on my dishes.
i put my baby bottles in the dishwasher, i hate the thought of my baby drinking the residue from the tablet.
we never had any problems like this with the Finish tablets.
Good price, environmental friendly
Does not dissolve well

See all Earth Choice All in One Dish Tablets reviews

Lisa Cattarin

Lisa Cattarinasked

I currently use Earth Choice tablets for my dishwasher and was wondering if there is an Earth Choice for the rinse aid section. I currently am using the 'Rinse Aid Finish' product but shouldnt be because of my septic tank? Could you pls let me know if Earth Choice make a rinse aid for the dishwasher?

Gilda
Gilda

I phoned the Earth Choice people this week as we've just bought a dishwasher and as we are on the septic system I asked about a rinse aid - apparently they don't sell one at the moment but are thinking about it! So at the moment we are doing without.....:)

GP
GP

No they don't but the Eco Store one is good!

Red Z.
Red Z.

I use white vinegar as a rinse aid - works brilliantly. Everything comes out gleaming clean and dry.

Features:

• Earth Choice All in One Dish Tablets soaks and cuts through grease, helps rinse dishes, neutralises odour, removes tough stains (including tea stains), and removes crusty food remnants.
  • The dishwashing tablet is made of a plant and mineral-based formula, making it biodegradable and waterway-safe.
  • No harsh chemicals are used in the formula, and Earth Choice is accredited as cruelty free by Choose Cruelty Free.
  • It’s also packaged in a fully recycled carton box, making it plastic free and even more eco-friendly.
  • Each tablet is wrapped in a 100% biodegradable, dissolvable wrapper, so they’re easy to use and convenient.

Points of praise:

• The majority of reviewers found that the dishwashing tablets effectively cleaned all their dishes - from glasses and crockery to cutlery and pots and pans.
  • According to reviewers, this product was generally easy to use, particularly because they didn’t need to remove the wrapping around each tablet.
  • Reviewers also appreciated that the product didn’t have a chemical fragrance, and didn’t smell unpleasant.

A point of pain:

• A number of reviewers said that the dishwashing tablet didn’t always dissolve in the machine, which sometimes left behind a powder residue on dishes.
CategoryDishwasher Tablets & Cleaners