Easiyo Yogurt Maker

Easiyo Yogurt Maker

See the Best Novelty / Snack Makers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Easiyo Yogurt Maker? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

ssal8QLD, 4559

Easiyo + Expensive Satchels = nice yoghurt but not value for money!

This product has problems

I feel that the milk powder in the sachets is of very poor quality. I have to add 100g of my own milk powder to a whole sachet to get a professional 5 star result !

IreneG
IreneGGippsland, VIC

Mixed results, but convenient

I have recently started making my own yoghurt again using Easiyo. I purchased the new version of the 1 kilo jar which is a better shape, its much easier to get all of the yoghurt out of the bottom. I've had mixed results of the yoghurt, some has been perfect but some have been a bit runny, maybe its the cold weather, will try again with the water being a bit warmer. It really is not much cheaper to make your own but it is really convenient to be able to have fresh yoghurt made at home with all the health benefits to it. The flavours I have tried have been very nice.

Easy peasy

Works. Easy to use unless you have Carple tunnel.

Maybe add a handle for opening.
Or an allen key type of lid.
I found a cheaper packet of yoghurt. I have tried.
Cheaper packet just as good as this brand. It'll save you over a $1 each packet. I'll be going with the Australian product I've lived in hot climate and cold climate. Never an issue. Never failed a batch.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

dip
dipMelbourne

Nice product.

It’s a very nice product. It’s easy to make yougurt with it in few hours and lt's making same yougurt likes store bought. We are making with natural pot set one as in it without using any yogurt making powder .good natural home made yogurt. Very happy with it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Henry
HenryBrisbane

Try this before giving up.

I used to make the greek yogurt sachets years ago with great success. Tried using the flavored varieties and they never seemed to set for me. Try warming up the water before mixing with the satchets. I think it might help retain the heat during the setting process. I now make my yogurt from scratch in the easiyo and have the temperature of the yougurt the same as the outside area.

Date PurchasedMar 1998
Kikie
KikieNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Junk

I have followed the instructions to the letter and have only succeeded once in making yoghurt that is not runny. I have tried 8 times. Not worth it at all. Very disappointed. I have seen a lot of 2nd hand ones for sale, now I know why - junk !

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
AshandJudy
AshandJudy

I am giving up

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Fabulous

I purchased this last night from Coles . Impulse purchase. I started using it last night , this morning I opened to jar and was thrilled with the result . Tastes delicious and so easy to use . I will purchase more flavours tomorrow. Being made in New Zealand also make my purchasing decision easier.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Mausie
Mausie

I’m still thrilled with my easi yo . I’ve added mango cheeks to the mix and it worked a treat .

Aussiemum58
Aussiemum58AU

Replaces my electric yoghurt maker

We had problems finding a replacement for our yoghurt maker that made 1 kg tubs of yoghurt. They all seem to come from overseas so need a different plug. We bought the Easiyo yoghurt maker from Woolworths on special which doesn't need power. . The first time we used it, it didn't work. Hubby thinks he filled the water up to the wrong line. But now he's figured it out it works well. I did try using the smaller containers (2) and making a smaller amount but it didn't work using half the packet in two of the Easyo containers following the directions. Not sure why. But for now we are happy with the 1 kg tub. Hubby only likes the honey Greek yoghurt so that's the one we always make.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Wont set

Total waste of money, 2 out of 5 packets worked, and at £2.79 a pack, its throwing money away! Mine will be going in the bin :-( don't know how they can justify the price when it doesn't do the job properly, the canister leaks as you shake it, much cheaper to buy made yogurt. Its a waste of my money. 2 turned out watery and one was like gloop. Disgusting. Done everything it says to do but its just a waste.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Melissa
Melissa

Waste of Money

I strongly advise ppl not to waste there time and money on this rubbish it really is cheaper to go buy a 1kg tub then make this . It doesn't retain the heat to activate the product, have never had a batch set in the time frame recommended, out of approx 8 batches only 3 have worked , and none of the ones with bits in them or greek yogurt have set instead it has curdled and gone off.... wouldn't recommend to anyone total waste

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Kelplu
KelpluSydney, NSW

The new red cannister

Better shape than the older style as it takes less storage room. Only updated as it was on special at Woolies. I mainly shop at Coles and they don't stock the packets which is a little inconvenient.
Really dislike the new internal jar, it leaks when shaking it, maybe I have a dud...? The old ones were good but do not fit this maker.
I only make the unsweetened greek, it's tasty probably not as thick as the brought version but no doubt less additives and I can put my fresh fruit or muesli with it as I wish.
The flavoured bags are a bit too strong.
All of our family eat this including the 9 month baby.
It's cheaper to buy than ready made and fresh just need to make in advance.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
KathyN22
KathyN22Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great so far

Woolies have this at half price this week so I thought I'd give it a try. I used the full-fat Greek yoghurt mix, made it according to the instructions. I let the water sit for over an hour to get to room temperature. I made it at 6pm and opened the yoghurt maker at about 6.30 am next morning. The yoghurt was nicely set with a little bit of whey on the top. After using some I thawed out some frozen blueberries and mixed them into what I had left. That makes it less solid but it is very nice.

I found the whole process very simple and I am happy with the result.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Pollyperks
PollyperksSheffield

Rubbish and rubbish after sales service

Yoghurt won't set wasted at least five packets trying contacted easily, they replied with instructions, followed them still the same . I was told to forward my name and address and they would send replacements still waiting even after prompting no further correspondence from them. I had used a tall white maker for years replaced old one with red one A TOTAL waste of money

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Jenny B.
Jenny B.asked

Can I get a replacement lid for the insert of my easiyo maker? I found something that fits but the 2 yoghurts I have made since have been runny.

ssal8

Check out the op shops. I live in Queensland and there are lots of these donated. Otherwise google the company and send them a message.

Aimee C.
Aimee C.asked

I have been using the store bought packet yogurt's but they come out thin and runny. they still taste nice but what can i do to make it thicker? A little less water? or adding powdered milk?

Carrie B.
Carrie B.asked

I've been using the easiyo yoghurt maker for a few years and I love it...until now! My last 4 batches have been substandard or complete failures! What's going on?

Ken L.
Ken L.

Check the use by dates on the mix. I also find in hot humid weather that it helps to make sure the water is cool, put the powder mix in the fridge for a few hours before using, and keep the thermos in a cool place.

For $17.95, the Easiyo Yoghurt Maker is a creamy steal, and its overall 4.1-star rating doesn’t hurt, either.

This yoghurt maker takes a lot of the unpredictable aspects out of making homemade yoghurt. You mix a EasiYo yoghurt starter with water in the provided jar, add boiling water, leave the yoghurt to set for 8-12 hours, then pop it in the fridge to cool.

What reviewers liked about the Easiyo Yoghurt Maker:

• It’s easy to use, which made the yoghurt-making process simple and enjoyable
  • A cost-effective alternative to store-bought yoghurts, as you only need 1 litre of milk and an Easiyo sachet, and these are cheap
  • Makes great sugar-free yoghurt, which is a good alternative to buying yoghurts containing sugar from the supermarket
  • One batch can last for about a week, which works well when packing school or work lunches

EasiYo hacks from reviewers:

• Purchasing a thermometer really takes the guesswork out of preparing the yoghurt
  • Leaving the yoghurt to set in the jar for a longer period of time (e.g. 12-18 hours) will make the yoghurt firmer, thicker and also more tart
  • You can add extras that make the yoghurt taste even better, such as frozen fruit, nuts or even instant coffee, according to one adventurous reviewer.
CategoryNovelty / Snack Makers