Easiyo Yogurt Maker

Easiyo Yogurt Maker

See the Best Novelty / Snack Makers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Easiyo Yogurt Maker? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

This product has problems

I feel that the milk powder in the sachets is of very poor quality. I have to add 100g of my own milk powder to a whole sachet to get a professional 5 star result !

IreneG
IreneGGippsland, VIC

Mixed results, but convenient

I have recently started making my own yoghurt again using Easiyo. I purchased the new version of the 1 kilo jar which is a better shape, its much easier to get all of the yoghurt out of the bottom. I've had mixed results of the yoghurt, some has been perfect but some have been a bit runny, maybe its the cold weather, will try again with the water being a bit warmer. It really is not much cheaper to make your own but it is really convenient to be able to have fresh yoghurt made at home with all the health benefits to it. The flavours I have tried have been very nice.

Trish

My yogurt isn't that it's like milk shake

Hi I've decided to try this product and the flavors are yummy as I mix it up and place it in the easiyo jug with hot water as directed it goes in at 8:00pm and I take it out at 8:30am when I get home after work and it's runny I place it in the fridge, but no change my daughter and I say it's a milkshake instead. Please help is their something else I can try I'd rather make this instead of buying yoghurt.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Trish

Instead of yoghurt you buy from the cold department.

Love the idea. Sets perfectly but when I stir it goes really runny.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Novelty / Snack Makers

Find out how Easiyo Yogurt Maker compares to other Novelty / Snack Makers

inconsistant results

used for 8 months no problems .last 3 batches did not set at all.as runny as water tried every thing
have got the old white insulated container.i had to re boil water and do it again for 8 hours so it would set
not impressed must be a product problem.

My first EasiYo Maker - the new style red one.

I'm from the UK and I'm having similar problems with not setting. First 5 batches were fine but the last 2 and possibly 3 are looking like not setting. Perhaps it should be called a milkshake maker?
Never experienced the old style one but reading on numerous sites many seem to think the new one is not as good.
Perhaps EasiYo need to re-think and go back to what worked. I personally feel the new maker is not as fully insulated in some way and so the boiling water cools down too much.

PAM44
PAM44new norfolk

Its got problems.

I have had an easiyo for years but over the last year the product is failing just not setting is anyone else having problems with any of the batches i have followed what is required so only can assume its the products still have two more packets left so going to try them but wont be happy if they fail as well pam
It has been easy to use.
Packets are not setting.

Fdg
Fdg

Leave it for longer is my best advice. It will set. Refresh hot water.

sooze007
sooze007

Perhaps it has something to do with the milk i.e., if you use milk that is non-permeate free

rhemypup
rhemypup

Any chance the thermos isn't sealing now its older? Perhaps not staying warm enough? Is it the same batch of packets perhaps a faulty batch?

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Not bad, if it works

I follow the recipe to a tee and has only worked about 2 times out of 7. Yoghurt tastes nice but consistency is not always perfect - sometimes gluey, sometimes runny like drinking yoghurt. Someone pointed out to me that the yoghurt sachets might not be stored properly at some supermarkets which could affect how they work out??? Not sure if that is true.
Tastes good, at the cheaper end of the scale
Can find other supermarket yoghurts that are just as cheap. Doesn't always work!!!

Mich1
Mich1

I also have the Easiyo Yogurt maker and i get perfect yogurt all the time. I have used the Aldi brand, and supermarket brand sachets and have had no problems at all.... A good tip is to store the sachets in the fridge.

BK
BK

Thanks for that tip. Am going to try it since like PennyPink I get inconsistent results.

andrew
andrewAU

OK

Although it does taste like cheap fake ice cream, I played around with a batch and added crushed fruit, the ice cream is greatly improved, now we make up strawberry, raspberry, mango, banana, coffee and chocolate.
Haven't used the yogurt's as yet only the ice cream, living on a rural property in QLD, buying ice cream is always a risk its a long trip home, and ice cream doesn't travel well, even in an ice cooler, found this product when looking for an ice cream machine in Big W, works well and very easy to make.
Overall it tastes like very cheap fake ice cream.

Novelty / Snack Makers

Find out how Easiyo Yogurt Maker compares to other Novelty / Snack Makers

Rooni
RooniAU

OK

I bought this with the hope that I could make nice fresh yoghurt at home, but I find the texture kind of odd and gluey compared to store bought yoghurt. I had also planned to save some money, but I can often find nice yoghurt at the supermarket for around the same price or only marginally more.

My kids really like it though so I use it occasionally for them. I do like the drikning yoghurts, but as I stated that are difficult to find and I don't want to have to order them online.
It makes fresh yoghurt.
It's easy.
I don't like the yoghurt.
The drinking yoghurts are hard to find.

simm_mee
simm_meevic, 3020

OK

a great at home youghurt maker that is simple and easy to use. available yoghurt flavours is great and i like being able to buy low fat variety as well
an easy to use at home youghurt making product that is readily available at supermarkets and depratments stores, i got mine from kmart after a friend recommended it.simply mix the sachet you have chosen with water as directed and place into the insulated container and come morning your fresh yoghurt is ready to eat...never leaving you short again. my kids enjoyed it and found it simple enough to make their own, comes in a variety of flavours including low fat for the diet conscious.
i never had enough little containers and found once the novelty wore off it wasnt used as often

Ross S.
Ross S.asked

How many cups of liquid does easiyo jar hold when filled to the top?

4 cups worth.

Rosasked

I have a Fresh Plant yoghurt maker. I cannot open the lid so have not been able to use. Any suggestions please.

Tight initially, should open. Regards

Ros

I have tried everything to open it with a grip tool & cloth.

Cannot open !!!!

Julie F.
Julie F.asked

I have just purchased the EasiYo yoghurt maker and made my first batch of blueberry Greek yoghurt.
It came out thick which I expected but gloopy - not a pleasant texture.
Any comments?

Sandra5
Sandra5

Not sure why that happened. Did you make sure you filled about half the jar with water from tap then pour in the powdered mix, with lid on shake it..up and down a few times..about 4 times..then continue to fill with water to the top and then shake again. Then into the larger container containing boiled water to the top of the red ring seal with its lid then sit for 12 hours so if you start it at 5pm you remove it at 5am and put in the fridge to cool down. If you did all of that..then you might have a bad batch or the packet itself might have been stored incorrectly by the shop etc before placement on shelf. Have had one to three packets over a period of ten years that wasn't ok..contacted Easiyo and they were helpful ie they sent out a replacement packet. Hope this helps. Regards, Sandra

For $17.95, the Easiyo Yoghurt Maker is a creamy steal, and its overall 4.1-star rating doesn’t hurt, either.

This yoghurt maker takes a lot of the unpredictable aspects out of making homemade yoghurt. You mix a EasiYo yoghurt starter with water in the provided jar, add boiling water, leave the yoghurt to set for 8-12 hours, then pop it in the fridge to cool.

What reviewers liked about the Easiyo Yoghurt Maker:

• It’s easy to use, which made the yoghurt-making process simple and enjoyable
  • A cost-effective alternative to store-bought yoghurts, as you only need 1 litre of milk and an Easiyo sachet, and these are cheap
  • Makes great sugar-free yoghurt, which is a good alternative to buying yoghurts containing sugar from the supermarket
  • One batch can last for about a week, which works well when packing school or work lunches

EasiYo hacks from reviewers:

• Purchasing a thermometer really takes the guesswork out of preparing the yoghurt
  • Leaving the yoghurt to set in the jar for a longer period of time (e.g. 12-18 hours) will make the yoghurt firmer, thicker and also more tart
  • You can add extras that make the yoghurt taste even better, such as frozen fruit, nuts or even instant coffee, according to one adventurous reviewer.
CategoryNovelty / Snack Makers