East Coast Car Rentals

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by East Coast Car Rentals

Great Car Hire by East Coast Rentals (Tugun, QLD)

Easy pick up, professional staff and car rental with no issues.
A small confusion re: security bond amount but all OK.
I would have preferred an Outlander as the Honda was a bit gutless but once again, no big deal.
We travelled up to Airlie Beach and back. Had a fantastic holiday.

Vehicle TypeHonda CR-V
John A.
John A.Sydney, NSW

Competitive pricing, crappy car !!

Checking in is a pain because Eastcoast office is not in the Sunshine Coast Airport Terminal. Having said that it’s only a 5-7 min walk ( no footpaths though). The chap that checked us in wasn’t particularly welcoming and was more intent to have an argument with his colleague in front of us. The car was the cheapest by far but it was a Toyota Corolla that had done 116,000kms. With four of us and luggage it was a bit of a strain .We did 1300 kms in 2 weeks for a cost of $960 so not too bad. When I returned it the chap who served me was absolutely fantastic. I even had the car for an extra 5 hrs at no extra charge.

Holiday rental

Vehicle bit smaller than what we booked, booked a Nissan qashqai but was given a Hyundai venue . Was ok but would have prettier bit bigger size.
Car was very clean
Customer service was good
Vehicle was for holiday transport

Steve P
Steve P

Really pleased with service perhaps car could have been a little better

Very pleased with the vast majority of rental.Service and quality of staff was excellent together with notifications and payment process.
The car seemed a bit older than the 32000 kms shown on the clock.It had very little grunt and the engine was noisy.

Vehicle TypeMG GS Excite

Flavietta
FlaviettaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An MG is not the same as a Mitsubishi

Airport transfer shuttle was efficient
Service at check in and pick up was friendly
Car was not as expected MG is a cheaply made car with no “grunt” and nowhere near as comfortable as the Mitsubishi we had reserved and expected. Worse than that - Victorian number plates which in the middle of a lockdown brought unwanted negative attention.

Ajay
AjaySydney, NSW

Good Service

Customer service was great, but I was disappointed with the car that was offered to me. I had specifically booked and paid for Mitsubishi but I was given Hyundai, which was a much smaller car. I Insisted on changing back to Mitsubishi the next day which means I had to drive back to the airport. Also be aware that the car is not at the airport and the company organizes a shuttle service, which all added around 30-50 minutes additional before I could be on the road.

Good reliable car hirer

Good and reliable car hirer, car was a bit old with rips in the seats. The airport shuttle is the best service pick up and drop off. Customer service team were good

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

East coast car rentals is a must for all travelers.

The customer service was very good and prompt service provided on arrival and departure.the price was excellent for the vehicle we used compared to the opposition offers.the only downside was the car we were expecting was different but not a big deal at all.

Tony
TonyFar North Queensland, QLD

Good value for money

Bus drivers not so friendly. Could do with some customer service training.
Rental agent on pick up was excellent. Just the sort of person you want to encounter at the beginning of a holiday. Friendly and efficient.
I ordered a Mitsubishi Eclipse SUV. I was supplied a MG SUV. The quality of the MG no where near as good as a Mitsubishi. The vehicle was in good condition and clean.
The pick up and drop off process was easy. Good value for money. The rental companies at the airport were in some cases double the price.
As I had purchased my own insurance and did not use theirs I was charged a bond of $1000 which I thought was excessive.
Overall I was satisfied with the experience.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi Eclipse Cross YA

Gordon Fuller Launceston, TAS

Very good helpful assistance

Customer Service was very good. Bit disappointed in regards to the car that was provided as it was very slow on hills.
The vehicle was an MG which was used to trzvel from Brisbane to Toowoomba whilst it travels well hopeless on and inclines lack ed d power.

Vehicle TypeMG ZS Essence
Gordon Fuller

Generally good service and would hire from them again.

Jerina
JerinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't book via discovercars.com as east coast advertise through them.

Vehicle TypeMitsubishi Outlander

Honda CRV, disappointing

From the booking to the return of the vehicle was exellent, but the Honda CRV we got was not what I was expecting, the car wasn't as clean as previous vehicle, it was slower ,used more fuel, no radio that we wanted to listen to, couldn't use bluetooth, more dissappointed in the vehicle itself.

Vehicle TypeHonda CR-V

Andie
AndieNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Budget price but not Budget service

We mainly went on price and had low expectations. Loved the shuttle service from the airport direct to the location to pick up the car. The staff were super friendly and the check in was very easy. The insurance offered was fair and reasonable. The vehicle was super clean and comfortable and the return process was very easy. Will most definitely use this company again.

Vehicle TypeToyota Camry

Customer review

Customer service was excellent, however the vehicle supplied was old, not particularly comfortable and the aircon struggled with the days heat. It was clean and serviceable but way past it’s use by date as a hire car. In terms of cost, it was only slightly less expensive that a budget or a thrifty, where a later model car would have been provided. So you can see that for a car that age, a bigger saving was in order.

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

In need of a shake up..!

Slow suspicious and unhelpful. Bond payment poorly handled. Car was as requested but poorly presented. Travel and yes..
Having used rental services w/w I was unimpressed and felt the fee was excessive.. Marketing of insurance I did not appreciate as I was privately insured..

ECCR TeamEast Coast Car Rentals

aquitania
aquitaniaasked

Anyone picked up from Melbourne airport using the shuttle? Any specific info regarding this location?

Angela C
Angela Casked

How much does it cost to take out insurance when renting a car

AMAN
AMAN

We paid for insurance with the booking which was with a 3rd party, East Coast Rentals then tried to sell insurance to my husband again. I have worked in Travel so understood that we had already paid for it. It appears the staff are on commission for insurance sold so don't really care if you pay it twice. We had to leave a credit card guarantee with East Coast Rentals which is released when the car is returned without damage.

ECCR TeamEast Coast Car Rentals

To answer your question Angela, the daily rate for Damage Cover varies depending on the length of your rental and whether you want to reduce your excess from $4400 to $385 or $4400 to $0.00. On average though around $20 - $22 per day. Two other things to consider also. If you are booking through one of our online agent partners as opposed to direct through our own website or call centre these agents also sell their own competing products. That's fine we would rather a customer travel in one of our cars covered for damages than not. However they are typically more expensive than our own cover options and because the cover is with a third party instead of us direct we will still need to take a $1000 security bond before releasing the vehicle. Taking our cover negates the need for a $1000 bond. Also if there is major damage to the vehicle we reserve the right to take the full excess from your nominated credit card and return any remainder to you once the vehicle is fixed. If you have cover sold by an Online Agent you would go back to them to claim monies needed to repair our vehicle.

Jason W.
Jason W.asked

Does anyone have experience with the Hobart branch? Our flight times are 12.50 pm Friday & 1.30 pm Monday so I'm hoping there is little traffic plus their location is very close to the airport. I'm mostly concerned as I'm taking some elderly family members on a short holiday and was aiming to use their shuttle for myself and to pick up / drop off the other passengers from the airport. Am a little concerned the age/condition of their people movers.

See all East Coast Car Rentals questions