East Coast Car Rentals

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by East Coast Car Rentals

NOT HAPPY Bad Service
NOT HAPPY Bad ServicePalmerston, NT

Bad Customer Service all Round

ECCR TeamEast Coast Car Rentals

VERY expensive

We just used car locally to explore in Cairns. The service and car was great, economical and suited our needs. Just extremely expensive for 2 days being $447 !!! Would not pay that again.

Jodi Y.
Jodi Y.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing

Unfortunately we were dissapointed with our vehicle on our latest rental, we are regular customers and never had any issues on several previous occasions, however the vehicle we were given this rental had several marks and dents with high kms and didn't appear to even look like a rental vehicle.
Transfer to and from the airport was excellent.
Unfortunately we were a little late returning the car and when l rang to let them know we may be 30min late she then replied "they may decide to charge you for that" when we arrived back we were rushed out the car and into the bus immediately!!

KenSydney, NSW

Prepare for the hard up-sell

Blue mountain explorer
Blue mountain explorerFar North Queensland, QLD

Car is dirty, Petrol only 1/2 full, customer service staff is not friendly and lack of energy.

Lack of energy and not quite friendly service.
The car is old, dirty and not the same as the picture.
The car was for holiday and it’s ok to drive.
Petrol was half full when we picked it up.

Stay away !!!

Rented car twice got screwed both times. Bond issues, cars all scratches and dents , all crap ! Thought I will give them a second chance, waste of time :((((

Katelin B.East Coast Car Rentals

Hi Mark. I've very sorry to hear you were not pleased with your rental with East Coast Car Rentals. Can you please email res@eccr.com.au of your Rental Agreement number and I'll investigate further your issues.

Where do I begin

Tumbleweed
TumbleweedAustralian Capital Territory

Dodgy car.

We hired in Tasmania off these guys - the car had juddering brakes and was pretty dodgy. People were nice but off airport took a long time when we arrived.

Not happy
Not happyLennox

Old cars then accuse you!

Old cars with scratches and dents and popped out bumpers. Then accuse you of some of the damage. I took photos and could prove it.

They don’t fix them but try get you to pay extra, be careful.

Dirty and old car...

Rented a Suzuki Swift. The car was definitely not cleaned inside and hat around 80k kilometres on the clock. Even worse we booked via Sixt and expected Sixt but got this company. We booked our pickup via Internet where we could choose the Station Cairns Airport. But this station does not exist - so pickup is around 5 km away. Not so polite they did not tell you this. Really disappointed from SIXT as well. Next time another rental, e.g. Hertz.

Launceston

Incredibly unprofessional service

Solcafe
SolcafeQueensland

RUDE

Was really rude upon pick up and car was a mess had me and my 1 year old waiting for over an hour and half plus charge me and extra $35.00 for been 15 min late.

Clarence C
Clarence CMelbourne

Poor value. Think twice before hire.

1. Pretty old car. Booked a Toyota Corolla but we got a three-year-old Nissan Pulsa (2014).
2. Dirty. The skirt of the car body is full of dirt when I got the car.
3. Paint chips all over the car
4. Bad fuel. I drove 365 km and the car already used 3/4 of the tank. After i have put in some unlead 91 at BP, the fuel gauge barely moved even I have driven around 150 km.

So think twice before hiring a car from east coast.

Big rip off with fuel

Long term user of East Coast but not anymore. I was in a hurry to catch my flight and didn't have time to fuel the car. They overestimated the fuel used then charged me $2.95/litre. When I sent a written complaint, the manager's response was quite abusive, maintaining the high cost was to cover their staff's time to refuel it. I find this to be rubbish. The more fuel used, the more they make. Ripoff - go elsewhere.

aquitania
aquitaniaasked

Anyone picked up from Melbourne airport using the shuttle? Any specific info regarding this location?

Angela C
Angela Casked

How much does it cost to take out insurance when renting a car

AMAN
AMAN

We paid for insurance with the booking which was with a 3rd party, East Coast Rentals then tried to sell insurance to my husband again. I have worked in Travel so understood that we had already paid for it. It appears the staff are on commission for insurance sold so don't really care if you pay it twice. We had to leave a credit card guarantee with East Coast Rentals which is released when the car is returned without damage.

ECCR TeamEast Coast Car Rentals

To answer your question Angela, the daily rate for Damage Cover varies depending on the length of your rental and whether you want to reduce your excess from $4400 to $385 or $4400 to $0.00. On average though around $20 - $22 per day. Two other things to consider also. If you are booking through one of our online agent partners as opposed to direct through our own website or call centre these agents also sell their own competing products. That's fine we would rather a customer travel in one of our cars covered for damages than not. However they are typically more expensive than our own cover options and because the cover is with a third party instead of us direct we will still need to take a $1000 security bond before releasing the vehicle. Taking our cover negates the need for a $1000 bond. Also if there is major damage to the vehicle we reserve the right to take the full excess from your nominated credit card and return any remainder to you once the vehicle is fixed. If you have cover sold by an Online Agent you would go back to them to claim monies needed to repair our vehicle.

Jason W.
Jason W.asked

Does anyone have experience with the Hobart branch? Our flight times are 12.50 pm Friday & 1.30 pm Monday so I'm hoping there is little traffic plus their location is very close to the airport. I'm mostly concerned as I'm taking some elderly family members on a short holiday and was aiming to use their shuttle for myself and to pick up / drop off the other passengers from the airport. Am a little concerned the age/condition of their people movers.

See all East Coast Car Rentals questions