East Coast Car Rentals

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by East Coast Car Rentals

bryanna
bryanna

Expensive but good product

Expensive rental, near brand new vehicle so was very good. Customer service skills lacking when vehicle returned, otherwise reception was good. Made to feel like a potential criminal when vehicle was returned - not pleasant at all!

Flavietta
FlaviettaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An MG is not the same as a Mitsubishi

Airport transfer shuttle was efficient
Service at check in and pick up was friendly
Car was not as expected MG is a cheaply made car with no “grunt” and nowhere near as comfortable as the Mitsubishi we had reserved and expected. Worse than that - Victorian number plates which in the middle of a lockdown brought unwanted negative attention.

Julie
JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service at pick up needs improvement

Customer service on pick up of car was poor. Staff were not trained and didn't know correct procedures. I was told I was too early to pick up the car and would have to wait or be charged an additional half hour. It was 5:40pm and I came to commence paperwork for a 6:00pm pick up. I was also told I needed a utilities bill for proof of residence as I am a local customer. I am hiring for business purposes and had previously phoned the head office to ensure that I would not be asked to do this each time I hire. On the other hand, the car was great value for money and drop off process was excellent - it was great customer service at the end of my journey.

Clarence
ClarenceGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good service but READ THE DETAILS...

Service when booking and at Sydney Airport was excellent.Special mention to the the shuttle driver - Ka Pai! Disappointed when forced into making a decision about insurance when I purchased comprehensive insurance prior to picking up the car - I use this insurance product with all my business travel (including overseas) and somehow it was not accepted by EastCoast Rentals...and I was not offered any options or investigation into the insurance policy I purchased especially for this trip. As a regular business traveller, this will affect me and my teams decision to use East Coast in the future.

Linda
LindaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Car

The car was great and the staff were friendly and easy to deal with. It met our needs at the time however it wasn’t a cheap hire and after visiting Cairns we realised it would have been cheaper for us to Uber or walk where we needed to go.

Satisfied customer

Customer service was quick and effecient, good service counter skills, payments were handled well, car was different but fine, used the car to travel to Northern NSW Wales, meet our needs except i used wrong insurance

Chris
ChrisSydney

Opening hour 9am in Gold Coast is ridiculous

Service is very good, staff is friendly, as a regular customer it's a breeze.
However: I booked online for a 7:30am rental. Didn't really check details on the confirmation page, which was automatically changed to 9am (as it only opens 9am), so I didn't notice. had to wait 90 min at Gold Coast airport for the shuttle.
It is ridiculous to open at 9am when flights come in early and all other rental companies have shuttles much earlier. I lost 1 1/2 hrs of my precious time

Honda CRV, disappointing

From the booking to the return of the vehicle was exellent, but the Honda CRV we got was not what I was expecting, the car wasn't as clean as previous vehicle, it was slower ,used more fuel, no radio that we wanted to listen to, couldn't use bluetooth, more dissappointed in the vehicle itself.

Customer review

Customer service was excellent, however the vehicle supplied was old, not particularly comfortable and the aircon struggled with the days heat. It was clean and serviceable but way past it’s use by date as a hire car. In terms of cost, it was only slightly less expensive that a budget or a thrifty, where a later model car would have been provided. So you can see that for a car that age, a bigger saving was in order.

Neil
NeilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Car hire on the Sunshine Coast

Good service provided, the only downer was that we had to wait for the car for 30 minutes. Closing at 4pm is strange when the flight back to Melbourne every day doesn’t leave until 7.15pm which means you have to either go to the airport extremely early on the shuttle bus or walk.

UPDATE: ISSUE RESOLVED - Price entrapment practices, Rip Off taking advantage of Covid19 situation. not recommended!!

ECCR TeamEast Coast Car Rentals

No problems, but still would not rent again. Read why...

Ian
IanPerth

Initial Staff were rude and we had a long wait to get picked up for our vehicle from the airport.

A.L
A.LGosford

NOT totally happy

NOT totally Happy, picking up car was good friendly employee but dropping off angry at attitude of employee.. was cheap but won't use company again. Car reliable but no aerial on car made for long boating road trips

jimbo
jimboPerth

Brisbane Airport Pick up worked great but the early morning drop off did not

Everything from the pick up at the Brisbane airport to getting the car went really well.

But the drop off before their office opened fell flat. They said that the car could be left across the street at a car parking place and that I could use the van to the airport for a $20 fee. I booked an Uber as it was $11. But the parking yard fee was for leaving the rental car there with a free run to the airport.

So it was not what I had been told.

The followup with East Coast Car rentals was zero on this issue - I wanted the fee repaid as they gave me incorrect information. So be a bit careful if you need to drop off the vehicle before their office opens at the Brisbane airport.

aquitania
aquitaniaasked

Anyone picked up from Melbourne airport using the shuttle? Any specific info regarding this location?

Angela C
Angela Casked

How much does it cost to take out insurance when renting a car

AMAN
AMAN

We paid for insurance with the booking which was with a 3rd party, East Coast Rentals then tried to sell insurance to my husband again. I have worked in Travel so understood that we had already paid for it. It appears the staff are on commission for insurance sold so don't really care if you pay it twice. We had to leave a credit card guarantee with East Coast Rentals which is released when the car is returned without damage.

ECCR TeamEast Coast Car Rentals

To answer your question Angela, the daily rate for Damage Cover varies depending on the length of your rental and whether you want to reduce your excess from $4400 to $385 or $4400 to $0.00. On average though around $20 - $22 per day. Two other things to consider also. If you are booking through one of our online agent partners as opposed to direct through our own website or call centre these agents also sell their own competing products. That's fine we would rather a customer travel in one of our cars covered for damages than not. However they are typically more expensive than our own cover options and because the cover is with a third party instead of us direct we will still need to take a $1000 security bond before releasing the vehicle. Taking our cover negates the need for a $1000 bond. Also if there is major damage to the vehicle we reserve the right to take the full excess from your nominated credit card and return any remainder to you once the vehicle is fixed. If you have cover sold by an Online Agent you would go back to them to claim monies needed to repair our vehicle.

Jason W.
Jason W.asked

Does anyone have experience with the Hobart branch? Our flight times are 12.50 pm Friday & 1.30 pm Monday so I'm hoping there is little traffic plus their location is very close to the airport. I'm mostly concerned as I'm taking some elderly family members on a short holiday and was aiming to use their shuttle for myself and to pick up / drop off the other passengers from the airport. Am a little concerned the age/condition of their people movers.

See all East Coast Car Rentals questions