East Coast Car Rentals

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by East Coast Car Rentals

Comfortable and Realiable

The car we booked was exactly what we received. It was comfortable and very roomy. The only downfall is the car manual was missing and had to google regarding the emergency hand brake among other features of the car. Also would have been helpful to advise the rental office was not actually located inside the actual airport but offside.

Kacey
KaceySouthwest, VIC

Nearly 10 out of 10

Check in service was great , efficient and friendly, car was not what I requested but I was very happy with its replacement . Unfortunately the process of taking so many photos of the car while you waited to pick up and drop back was very tedious and annoying .

Over school holidays.

I cannot nock the customer service that they provided, also shuttle bus back to the airport was good. But what I did not like was the price (and not only east coast). Cos it was over the school holidays it does not warrant charging 3 times the amount , As it was the good old Corvid hit meaning most of the other states could not come up , and they can not tell me there was a great demand for cars. I know that l will not be traveling over the school holidays again.

ViV
ViV South East Queensland, QLD

EastCoast provide solutions & help to enjoy your trip.

I had hiccups in picking up the booked car & shuttle bus pick up but customer service Josh helped me out with perfect solution. In this COVID situation when you are not sure how long your trip going to last. EastCoast cars perfect to hire as they’ve new fleet of cars.

Kristin
KristinPerth, WA

great rates

staff and service was prompt and friendly, only down side was car was not cleaned or vacuumed (may have been very busy ) great shuttle service for pick up and drop off. great hire rates compared to the big names.

customer service is friendly and helpful

The indication of the shuttle bus was not very clear, so we didn't know where to find the shuttle bus in the first place. The bond is quite a huge amount and we didn't notice when we booked the car. The customer service and the driver are all very professional and helpful.

John A.
John A.Sydney, NSW

Competitive pricing, crappy car !!

Checking in is a pain because Eastcoast office is not in the Sunshine Coast Airport Terminal. Having said that it’s only a 5-7 min walk ( no footpaths though). The chap that checked us in wasn’t particularly welcoming and was more intent to have an argument with his colleague in front of us. The car was the cheapest by far but it was a Toyota Corolla that had done 116,000kms. With four of us and luggage it was a bit of a strain .We did 1300 kms in 2 weeks for a cost of $960 so not too bad. When I returned it the chap who served me was absolutely fantastic. I even had the car for an extra 5 hrs at no extra charge.

Tim Leach
Tim LeachGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tim Leach

The staff were very friendly and very helpful and the price was the best available for the car i rented. I would recommend East Coast Car Rentals to my friends.

Great customer service. Product as advertised.

Excellent customer service on site - helpful and friendly at the counter, everything was very well explained. The car was as expected - basic but adequate for our day trip. Good price.

NicoleJK
NicoleJK

Great customer service

Friendly customer service, took photos and emailed them through… very transparent. Reasonably priced compared to other businesses. Would be great if they had shuttle service to take back to hotel

Kelly
Kelly Far North Queensland, QLD

Great car, friendly service

I hired a Kia Carnival which was a lovely car to drive. The staff were all friendly and courteous. I had to return my car 2 days early due to a Brisbane lockdown and they refunded my 2 unused days which was great.
The only issue l had was l would wanted to change the location of drop-off from the city to the airport and they wouldn't allow this which was inconvenient.

We were very happy with entire service. 2nd time we used them and will be back again . Friendly staff and prompt pick up from airport to car and return as well .

Find out how East Coast Car Rentals compares to other Car Rental Services

Great car rental at a great price

East Coast Car rental from Tullamarine Airport, Melbourne. Car rental booking made easily online. Prompt pickup by shuttle service to and from the airport. Staff welcoming on arrival to collect vehicle. Vehicle inspected by ourselves and staff taking pictures of any concerns we had for insurance purposes prior to leaving the premises. The car was clean and tidy and drove well. Price was very reasonable compared to other hire companies. Would definitely use again and would recommend.

Holiday rental

Vehicle bit smaller than what we booked, booked a Nissan qashqai but was given a Hyundai venue . Was ok but would have prettier bit bigger size.
Car was very clean
Customer service was good
Vehicle was for holiday transport

Steve P
Steve P

Really pleased with service perhaps car could have been a little better

Very pleased with the vast majority of rental.Service and quality of staff was excellent together with notifications and payment process.
The car seemed a bit older than the 32000 kms shown on the clock.It had very little grunt and the engine was noisy.

aquitania
aquitaniaasked

Anyone picked up from Melbourne airport using the shuttle? Any specific info regarding this location?

Angela C
Angela Casked

How much does it cost to take out insurance when renting a car

AMAN
AMAN

We paid for insurance with the booking which was with a 3rd party, East Coast Rentals then tried to sell insurance to my husband again. I have worked in Travel so understood that we had already paid for it. It appears the staff are on commission for insurance sold so don't really care if you pay it twice. We had to leave a credit card guarantee with East Coast Rentals which is released when the car is returned without damage.

ECCR TeamEast Coast Car Rentals

To answer your question Angela, the daily rate for Damage Cover varies depending on the length of your rental and whether you want to reduce your excess from $4400 to $385 or $4400 to $0.00. On average though around $20 - $22 per day. Two other things to consider also. If you are booking through one of our online agent partners as opposed to direct through our own website or call centre these agents also sell their own competing products. That's fine we would rather a customer travel in one of our cars covered for damages than not. However they are typically more expensive than our own cover options and because the cover is with a third party instead of us direct we will still need to take a $1000 security bond before releasing the vehicle. Taking our cover negates the need for a $1000 bond. Also if there is major damage to the vehicle we reserve the right to take the full excess from your nominated credit card and return any remainder to you once the vehicle is fixed. If you have cover sold by an Online Agent you would go back to them to claim monies needed to repair our vehicle.

Jason W.
Jason W.asked

Does anyone have experience with the Hobart branch? Our flight times are 12.50 pm Friday & 1.30 pm Monday so I'm hoping there is little traffic plus their location is very close to the airport. I'm mostly concerned as I'm taking some elderly family members on a short holiday and was aiming to use their shuttle for myself and to pick up / drop off the other passengers from the airport. Am a little concerned the age/condition of their people movers.

See all East Coast Car Rentals questions