East Coast Car Rentals

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by East Coast Car Rentals

Delivered everything as promised.

Customer service and Hobart staff were very efficient and explained all details of the contract well at the point of pickup. They processed the payment as expected.
The vehicle was of a type as ordered on-line.
The vehicle was well maintained and in good condition with low k's.
The vehicle drove well and was very reliable over the 13 days hired.
It certainly met our needs for Tasmanian tripping.
The same friendly service was experienced when we returned the vehicle to the Launcesston drop off point.

TerryM
TerryMFar North Queensland, QLD

Courtesy coach, really good

Staff were polite. I understood the reason for the bond. Similar sized car acceptable. We noticed damage after accepting the. No problem when returning vehicle as they had a hoto showing the damage. Perfect for our needs.

Top service

Car was very well presented , service from Cairns staff was excellent did their best to help us ignorant tasmanians airport pick up and drop off was appreciated just good friendly service

Naomi
NaomiNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Affordable car hire, great service

Customer service good, friendly. Small wait upon arrival as you need to be picked up from the airport, taken to car hire facility. Car great, informative, price extremely reasonable for our trip.

Great Customer Service

Reduced hours due to Covid but the manager and courtesy driver stayed back to pick us up from the airport and provide our car. Very friendly and most helpful. It was much appreciated

Great experience

Both pickup & return were very efficient. Staff very friendly & courteous. Car was in perfect condition and had no issues during the hire. Would definitely use them again. Great value for money

Vehicle Condition
Brent
BrentRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Too easy

From the time I walked in the door and booked a car and then brought it back again I didn't have to worry or stress about a thing,I was well looked after and they met my needs in every aspect couldn't of ask for more

Louise
Louise South East Queensland, QLD

Friendly service, clean and neat car at good price

Customer service was efficient, friendly and lots of information was provided to me. The car met my needs - was clean, in good repair and as described in website. The bond and payment were handled very well.

Great service and great price

East Coast Car Rentals at Nudgee Road, Brisbane was excellent to deal with, even in the middle of the pandemic and lockdown. The car was as advertised and I had no issues with it at all. There was no limit on where I could travel to or how many km I could drive, which was great as I did quite a lot of driving. Very speedy and friendly service at pick up and drop off. The price was excellent compared to other companies.

Sally
Sally

Easy and afforable.

Easy to deal with and affordable. We had a good experience with East Coast Car rentals. I had to change the booking and they did it very happily and easily.

Pam E.
Pam E.Perth, WA

We are first time users of East Coast Car Rental.
From the time I made the booking to the time we got back to the airport, the service could not be faulted.
Unfortunately our stay in Victoria was extended due to COVID-19 and we had to extend the rental . They were brilliant with meeting our requirements. Would recommend them to everyone.

Mad
MadSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great experience all round

We were happy with all aspects of our experience with East Coast Car Rentals Hobart. From pickup to drop off everyone was extremely professional and helpful. Our car was almost brand new so that was great. The Covid situation meant we had to extend our rental and then drop it back early, but nothing was a problem. Great work Hobart team!!!

Find out how East Coast Car Rentals compares to other Car Rental Services

Good price, good service, near new car

Less than half the price of on-airport rentals. Convenient shuttle bus transfers, and rapid service at pick-up and drop-off. Vehicle had less than 1500km on speedo, and suited our vacation purposes perfectly. Like all car rentals, excess reduction insurance is a lot dearer than can be obtained from third parties e.g. RACQ.

would happily recommend. good staff. Low mileage on care. Good car

Customer service was excellent. The car was what we expected.
We used it for 9 days and travelled quite a good distance, with no issues.
We were able to visit all the places we had planned.

RossH
RossHSouth East Queensland, QLD

No Worries Car Rental

When the big car rental companies told us there were no cars available in Cairns, East Coast Car Rentals had no problem providing a car. Their service was friendly and efficient. They provided a shuttle from and to the airport. Due to changes in our tour dates, we had to add a couple more rental days and east Coast extended our rental without any hassles. They were able to provide the style of vehicle we requested and it was clean and comfortable for our needs. We stayed in suburban Cairns for a few days exploring the nearby sights and then stayed a couple of days on the Atherton Tableland. We won't bother with the big companies for future visits to Cairns as East Coast can meet our needs very well.

aquitania
aquitaniaasked

Anyone picked up from Melbourne airport using the shuttle? Any specific info regarding this location?

Angela C
Angela Casked

How much does it cost to take out insurance when renting a car

AMAN
AMAN

We paid for insurance with the booking which was with a 3rd party, East Coast Rentals then tried to sell insurance to my husband again. I have worked in Travel so understood that we had already paid for it. It appears the staff are on commission for insurance sold so don't really care if you pay it twice. We had to leave a credit card guarantee with East Coast Rentals which is released when the car is returned without damage.

ECCR TeamEast Coast Car Rentals

To answer your question Angela, the daily rate for Damage Cover varies depending on the length of your rental and whether you want to reduce your excess from $4400 to $385 or $4400 to $0.00. On average though around $20 - $22 per day. Two other things to consider also. If you are booking through one of our online agent partners as opposed to direct through our own website or call centre these agents also sell their own competing products. That's fine we would rather a customer travel in one of our cars covered for damages than not. However they are typically more expensive than our own cover options and because the cover is with a third party instead of us direct we will still need to take a $1000 security bond before releasing the vehicle. Taking our cover negates the need for a $1000 bond. Also if there is major damage to the vehicle we reserve the right to take the full excess from your nominated credit card and return any remainder to you once the vehicle is fixed. If you have cover sold by an Online Agent you would go back to them to claim monies needed to repair our vehicle.

Jason W.
Jason W.asked

Does anyone have experience with the Hobart branch? Our flight times are 12.50 pm Friday & 1.30 pm Monday so I'm hoping there is little traffic plus their location is very close to the airport. I'm mostly concerned as I'm taking some elderly family members on a short holiday and was aiming to use their shuttle for myself and to pick up / drop off the other passengers from the airport. Am a little concerned the age/condition of their people movers.

See all East Coast Car Rentals questions