2Easy-Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner

Easy-Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner Questions & Answers

Jane
Jane

As with many others'questions without solution, I too have purchased 3 or 4 Easy Off Oven Sprays - Heavy Duty. The nozzle works for a very short period of time then doesn't. Have taken nozzle off and cleaned it - sometimes get a wet drizzle but no real spray. Please tell me a solution OR another product which is more reliable.. Thank you

naiaracapanema
naiaracapanema

Hello, I've sprayed the wrong product, easy off oven, on my Bosch stove, that is gas. I cleaned as much as I could but I am afraid to turn on the stove and the whole thing explode :( is there a way to really know that all the product is off? That if I missed some spots in areas that I cannot reach, that it's OK?

Kerrus

I can't answer your query. You need to contact either Bosch or easy off themselves. I am just a disappointed user of the product. Good luck.

Elizabeth L.
Elizabeth L.

We have a gas LG oven with blue interior that is NOT self cleaning. So, we used Easy Off oven cleaner which instructed to heat oven to 200 degrees, spray on and then let sit. Well the product was left too long and bottom line the spray dried onto the oven. I can't find anything that will remove the cleaner. It's more than residue the cleaner itself is like bonded to the inside. Any suggestions?

Kerrus

Unfortunately we can't suggest any resolution to your problem. Have you tried place of oven purchase or manufacturer?

Elaine S.
Elaine S.

Same thing happened to me this absolutely sucks now I can’t use my oven because I cannot get it off

Antoinette N.

I am am having clogging problems with the nozzles on the Easy off canisters. I have tried taking the nozzle off and checking that the foam from the can comes out correctly. I thought it was an issue with the first one I brought so I brought another one and it did the same thing now both are half full and not working. I even took the nozzles off both and cleaned them and they still don't work. Is there a solution to this problem?

Mrs Smith
Mrs Smith

Yes me too. I only get about half a can use before I have the same problem. I have tried everything also. Don't go to the other 'pump' spray on product by Easy off as it is more like dishwash liquid and does nothing. The price of this easy off was very cheap but now it has doubled in price I am not so happy with it stopping working half way through. I wonder if any other product is better????.

Antoinette N.

This is crazy. They need to come up with a solution on how to fix this issue or give us free oven cleaner. I don't have money throw away.

Regina W.
Regina W.

ME TOO ! I'm tired of it. Every single can I buy this happens! A waste of MONEY!

Glitzy P.
Glitzy P.

Me too!!! Got nothing but chemical spray and apparently supposed to be a foam. What a waste of money.

Audrey T.
Audrey T.

Me too, so now I know to not buy any EASY Off products!!!

Rob.

I continually have clogging problems with the nozzles. I have tried taking the nozzle off and checking that the foam from the can comes out correctly. I have also tried other nozzles that have worked well with paint. I still have problems with intermittent or no foam spray.

What are the solutions to this problem?

David

Never had this problem, used the cleaner on my BBQ just last weekend: brilliant!

Rob.

Good to hear I am now trying to clean the nozzles in mineral turps overnight and will give it an other shot tomorrow.

Albert G.
Albert G.

Albert G
I'm also having the same damn problem. It is a rip off from the company who manufactured Easy Off spray. I see many complaints but were is the solution? No more buying that crap anymore? That is one answer.

Sue M.

How many oven cleans per can?

Renae D.
Renae D.

It is a useless product so don't buy it. It didn't work. It did nothing in fact.

Sue M.

How many oven cleans does one can do?

johnjanet77
johnjanet77

I cleaned my whole oven over several days ans tin is still not empty . Being older person I could not do it all at once and had to spray over several difficult spots . Oven is like new now have used other oven cleaners but fumes and formula caused problems with allergies and asthma. This caused no smell or irritation , and I could see grease melting off . It’s then just a case of wiping it up . Being an aerosol spray foam it is hard to judge how much is left in can but for the price was definitely worth it .Hopethis helps

David

It would very much depends on how dirty your oven is. Mine took several goes for the base and two for the sides, racks and an oven tray. I still have half the can left. I forget how much I paid for the can, not much, but it was well worth it.

Jochen K.
Jochen K.

re JohnJanet77. I sincerely hope your pen wasn't guided by Wreckit&Thieves! I agree that stuff works what its supposed to do. Hve been using it forever. Iknow it clogs up but cleaning the nozzle after each use helps to alleviate this problem. I get the full use of the can almost always with the odd exception and by that I mean over a period of years. THe price hovered between $2.90-3.45/can ,a fair price for an acceptable product. Went to Coles today, FEB.14, 2023 TO PURCHASE A NEW CAN AND IT SCANNED AT $5.75. Now if that is not scamming then I don't know what is`! Covid must be an absolute blessing for these corporate Scroundrels. sincerely MACHIAVELLI

Dees
Dees

Over cleaner damage my stainless it has changed color can it be restored?

Olga

How to dispose of used spray can safely? It still has some spray left.
Thank you! ( please conceal my e-mail address)
[Email Removed]

Lotta
Lotta

Why does it quit spraying when the can is half full? That is a rip off

missy L.
missy L.

Can of oven spray half full and has stopped working. Why, and how do I fix it

kristin c.

I used Easy Off and now I have a spotty white residue that I can't get rid of. What can I do?? I've tried water, baking soda, vinegar. I have a LG with the blue interior. It is not a self cleaning oven.

randy m.
randy m.

Same thing happened to me. Easy off on the blue interior of an LG oven completely ruined it. CLR didn't work, bar keepers Friend didn't work. Please post if anyone finds a solution!!

Will C.

Same story for me. I have tried all the things you mentioned pus solvents, alcohol, muriatic acid, and other off the shelf cleaners. Nothing works. My brand new oven is ruined.

Will C.

I just called the phone number on the can and spoke to a customer service representative. I was told that there is a sentence in the instructions, which is written in very fine print that requires a magnifying glass to read, that says "Do not use on self-cleaning ovens."

Our ovens are ruined, there are no solutions to the problem. There is nothing that can be done to make our ovens look better.

V Smith
V Smith

I too used Easy Off in my LG oven. The blue finishing was ruined with the white residue. I’ve searched and found that using lemon juice with vinegar will take away the white residue but it will leave the oven with a matte look. It’s bad but not as bad as it was. I don’t think it will ever be the shiny pretty blue it once was. Good luck to you all.

Rhonda W
Rhonda W

Is it still safe to use the oven? Didn’t know if a special coating came off with the cleaner that could possibly contaminate food. We did the same thing on our LG blue oven.

Ashley A.
Ashley A.

Okay, so I don't know how long lasting this remedy might be, but it restored my oven better than any lemon, vingegar, nonsense has.
Take a paper towel and dab a small, SMALL, amount of oil (I used canola) onto it. I then rubbed this into all the white residue stains.
A small amount of oil goes a very long way and too much will cause your oven to smoke consistently.
So far I've used my oven about 8 times since doing this, and my blue is still shining, and the white residue is very minimal. I hope this helps!

Donette F.
Donette F.

I just tried the canola oil method, and it seems to have worked, so thank you for sharing that.

McKenna D.
McKenna D.

Hello all, I hope you find this well. I spoke with LG and they suggested an oven liner touch up paint marker. It can withstand high temperatures and is to be used in your oven cavity. I would look up your appliance and speak with someone from the company to make sure this is safe before taking my advice.

Hud
Hud

How do I remove the white residue off my oven? After cleaning it with Easy off . Did not use the self clean .

I'd like to know too!

JohnR
JohnR

me too. same issue.

Marinette C.
Marinette C.

I'd like to know mine happened today at the handle of my stainless steel oven.

Julie Bell
Julie Bell

I have used your easy off heavy duty on my brand new stove/ oven and I have the white film that I can't get off, I'm so sad about it I loved my new stove/ over and now it's ugly. I have Tried soft soap, vinegar, baking soda many many many times es with no luck! What do I do????? My stoe/ is ruined now p,ease send me something to get this white residue off!!!!

Amber J.
Amber J.

did you ever figure it out? i’m having the same issue

andrea
andrea

is easy off abrasive?
Can it be used on enamel surfaces?

Charlie, Canberra

I didn't find it abrasive but it is highly caustic.
I wouldn't recommend this product because of the dangerous fine mist it sprays which hangs in the air.

Beth K.
Beth K.

Why when I use easy off one time the next time it won't spray?

Charlie, Canberra

This spray has a badly designed nozzle that is too small for the contents. I consider this cleaner to be both difficult and dangerous to use.

richard w.
richard w.

Nozzle too small and can is supposed to be used at no more than 45deg from vertical. How do you clean horizontal surfaces or hard to get at corners, without tilting can. Silly design.

dora McCrann
dora McCrann

l applied heavy duty easy off cleaner l sprayed the enaumel doors it has left cloudy film l cannot get off please help

Balanced opinion
Balanced opinion

I am no expert. it indicates that the film was applied to plastic, rather than glass

Babbo
Babbo

I tried using vinegar and water to get residue off from Easy Off oven cleaner...it didn’t work...what do I do now?

Carolyn
Carolyn

I called the manufacturer and they asked for the model number and then gave me recommendations. Vinegar or baking soda. Also suggested Bar Keepers Friend lotion. Good luck! Dang...a bit of a regret for sure.

Malinda M.

Easy off (heavy duty) left a white film-residue in my oven and it is like it's baked on. Nothing will remove it. Open to all ideas

Denise B
Denise B

Just curious did you ever get it off and if not was it ok using the oven? Just cleaned mine and I have the same problem, I tried the vinegar solution and didn’t work .

Malinda M.

I tried everything you can think of an nothing worked! I finally had to use the oven but I let it preheat longer than usual just in case there would be residue burning off. The oven seems to be fine with no adverse symptoms to the food.

Rajka D.
Rajka D.

Can I clean shower screen with this?

Get an answer from our members and Easy-Off representatives