2Easy-Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner

39% · 85119 · 54%

Lisa J.
Lisa J.

Extremely toxic

I bought this product as the fume free was not available. I have never had such a strong reaction to an oven cleaner before. I followed the instructions, wore long gloves plus eye protection. First came the dry reaching from the fumes as I started at the back of oven as instructed. I persisted to finish the spraying but the fumes were intense. After removing the gloves and eye protection to wash my hands and face I felt stinging up on my shoulder. There was a chemical burn I can only assume from the fumes as no part of my body touched the oven. This product is too strong for a domestic oven cleaner. I would not be buying it again and advise customers to be very careful.
Sandra
SandraPerth, WA12 posts

Brilliant! (Read the label)

All the people complaining and giving this 1* reviews are idiots who dont follow the instructions which are CLEARLY labelled on the side of the can

You cant give a product 1* simple because youre too stupid to follow the instructions

All the people saying they have gotten burned etc... obviously havent followed instructions!

Idiots!

Tim
Tim11 posts

Easy-off Bam / Burn

First time using this product and being a male not reading the warning label on the side of the can.
I thought i would help my wife out by cleaning the oven with easy-off bam (What a big mistake)
As a result of using this product I have burnt my hands and the skin on my hands is feeling so tight and the burns are all blastering so I am now going to hospital to see what they say..
I believe the warning label/sign's should be on the front of the can in big letters and a bright colour.
Easy off bam
No no no no. It should be named
Easy off burn

This product should not be sold with out the warning label being front and centre of the can

Anthony
AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

High risk of chemical burn

I used the easy off bam oven cleaner and it got on my forearm and gave me my first chemical burn... I'm hoping it doesn't scar - but some feedback - the small corrosive logo needs to be more obvious and more importantly: the dynamics and mechanics of cleaning an oven require your full arm to be inside to thoroughly clean it... so unless your entire arm is protected these burns are so easy to occur. Either warn consumers better or use less corrosive ingredients for an oven cleaner.
Jemstar
JemstarNSW,Australia12 posts

Great cleaner but be careful

I use this cleaner because the previous one that I use to use I would leave it on for ages and it still did not remove the baked on grease.
So I decided to try the easy off cleaner and I only have a small oven but it only takes 30 minutes and most of the baked on grease has been dissolved and easily wiped away. But you have to be careful with this cleaner because it is very strong and you need to wear protective gloves and also this may be too strong for some ovens, so be careful not to leave it on too long but otherwise I recommend this product if you hate cleaning ovens and want it done quick and easy.
Franz Kafka
Franz Kafka19 posts

Effective

This is a serious oven cleaner. I had tried nice-wicey options of bicarb or bbq cleaner but if you are like me and only think about cleaning ovens when they get too smokey or smelly then you will need something caustic like this.

It is a shame people have hurt themselves with this but if you *read and follow* the directions you will be fine. Full length rubber gloves, eye goggles (glasses are better than nothing, but spray can get around the sides - I recommend full nerd style lab goggles) and long sleeves you don't care about.

I'd give it 5 stars if they improved the nozzle - it works but is a bit lame not to provide a better delivery system.

Pino
Pino7 posts

Runs out of gas when still half full

Works well, except you only get to use half a can as it runs out of gas, therefore not financially viable.
I will be trying a different brand in future as I am not happy to pay for a full can of product to only be able to use half of it.
Therefore doesn’t deserve more than 1 star
Crystal
CrystalSydney, NSW4 posts

Ok Product

Very strong chemical smell when first sprayed on. Grease turns into a thick sludge that you can just wipe away without any effort. Needed a bit more elbow grease for the bottom on the oven but expected that as it always is the hardest part to clean
Craig G.
Craig G.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Only good for half a can

The grime turns into a sludge that can be wiped off easy enough but the 325 gram can is only good for about 170 grams, after that nothing but air comes out. I see other similar reviews so keep this on mind when looking at the price.
Blondie
Blondie4 posts

Strong chemical product but works like MAGIC

If you want a convenient product that you literally spray on, wait 30 mins, then wipe off, then this is for you. I looked up the competitor product but I cannot be bothered with putting racks in soaking bags; leaving for 8 hours etc. This product is fast and easy. Takes 30 mins! When wiping off, my cleaning cloths were BLACK -I had no idea my oven was that dirty! Warning: WEAR RUBBER GLOVES. Follow the instructions. It is a strong chemical. I wish I had known not to breathe in when spraying, please hold your breath. If can gets clogged, pull white plastic nozzle bit off and run under hot water.
Scally
ScallyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sceptical at first

When I first bought this product I thought it was rubbish and wouldn’t work well and was proven right, however I tried the product again and decided to spray the product all over the inside of my oven, closed the door and left it there for over 10 hours and all that grease and grime wiped away with paper towelling and now I swear by this product.
aleisha
aleishaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I sustained third degree burns

please be careful with this product. I sustained full thickness burns whilst cleaning my oven. ending in the burn needing to be cut out. I'm now left with a horrible scar.
AMC2137
AMC2137Sydney, NSW2 posts

This product is fantastic!

I sprayed this on my oven this morning at 10am & then I wiped out the foam tonight at 6:30pm with no scrubbing! I definitely recommend this product!! The button gets stuck so you do have to rinse it. I couldn’t be happier with the result! It took me 30minutes in total & I did it on a knee scooter!!
Ann Stanley
Ann StanleySouth East Queensland, QLD

I am not happy with this product

I have brought 2 cans of easy-off oven cleaner and when I am half through I cannot get it to the bottom of the can and it is still half full
AndyM
AndyMBrisbane10 posts
ChelsM
ChelsMBrisbane

Totally worth the chemical burns!

Sure, my skin is a little eroded here and there from not washing my hands quickly enough, but my oven sure is clean!

Oven & Cooktop Cleaners

Find out how Easy-Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner compares to other Oven & Cooktop Cleaners

Xtofer
XtoferGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This

...product will effortlessly dissolve 10+ years of oven build-up, I’m talking about layers upon layers of rock hard black charred carbon crud. You can either use angle grinder or 30min n’ wipe. I don’t even write reviews, but I have to express my deep satisfaction for this product.

John B
John BPerth, WA4 posts

Customer Service Complaint

Bought Easy - off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner from Woolworth it would not spray properly, just a fine jet, then with still a quarter of a can left it wouldn't spray at all.

Terrible product I will not be wasting my time or money on this product again.

The company that sell the product, Reckit Benkiser do not even have an email address to get in touch with them only a toll free number.

Woolworth should consider removing this product from their stores, I will be getting in touch with woolworth about this matter.

Mikayla M
Mikayla MCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts

Was so surprised at the results - absolutely fantastic!

There is almost no household job that I hate and postpone more - cleaning the dreaded oven. I bought this oven cleaner as it was the cheapest in store and sounded quite simple to use. I was absolutely blown away with how well our oven came up afterwards and how it really is so simple to use. The smell, whilst not the most pleasant in the world, was not particularly strong and went away after 24 hours and was fine for use. Absolutely awesome product - will definitely be using this every time I clean the oven, which will be more frequently now that I know it can be done so simply!

Jdeo
Jdeo

It's a chemical killer

Do not ever use this product. Yes, it may clean the oven but is it worth a chemical burn to your skin which spreads vigorously. I have severely chemically burnt my arm. Had to be rushed to the hospital, only to find that I needed a skin graft. What an ordeal. It has ruined my beautiful skin and will be a massive scar for life!!! The product should be taken off the shelf!!! Do not use it. I repeat do not use it!

Mike
Mike2 posts

The can should be inverted

I regularly use this product and I see some people have negative reviews about the nozzle blocking. Perhaps these people should read the instructions more carefully where it states that you must invert the can whilst still spraying when you have finished to unblock the nozzle. The only problem is getting to the nooks and crannies in the oven when the can is not 100% full. Perhaps a simple design change by inverting the can would eliminate this??

Ang
AngSydney, NSW7 posts

Easy to use - worked like magic

My oven needed attention - too many roast porks

I decided to give easy off a try

I was pleasantly surprised

It took off all the grease with just a wipe

I did the cold clean and let it sit for 40 minutes

Easy!

I would recommend wearing old clothes and gloves as advised as you do need to reach right into oven

Jenny
JennyDandenong3 posts

Best oven cleaner on the market

Husband was really impressed with this product. It actually worked as per instructions. Tried all other products and this one gave the best results. Will keep using it when necessary.

Bill K
Bill KAU6 posts

Great for difficult oven grime buildup

Did a fabulous job. Suprisingly easy to apply. Grime came off with wash and wipe without heavy scrubbing as promised. Though easy to use please follow the safe handling instructions & be cautious this product is a hazarduous chemical and you should use it with safety in mind ie. Open kitchen window put on long gloves and a face mask.

Sasha
Sasha2 posts

Dangerous - but cleans oven

Worked magic in oven but after getting a tiny bit on skin and not realising for half an hour I now have serious burns to my leg. It ate my skin and I’m in agony. Be super careful with this product

soniao
soniaoBrisbane7 posts

Product works great...do not get on skin!

I’ve used this product several times and it really works well. The deep cooked on grease just wipes off.

However, I accidentally got some of the cleaner on the back of my arm without noticing, within 30 minutes my skin had turned black. I didn’t really feel the burning until it was too late. I rinsed as per instructions on the product and went to the hospital. I had a third degree burn where it had eaten into my skin so far that I had no feeling. I had to have an emergency skin graft operation to replace the dead skin. I had burn therapy for a year following.

ANGIE C
ANGIE CQueensland, 4124155 posts

Not So Easy

Upon my second usage of the one can of Easy-Off, this product did not want to spray! It appears there's an ongoing fault with this Products nozzle that the manufacturer does not care to rectify, as we are now in 2018? Fortunately I had 1/2 a can of Mr. Muscle Odourless Oven Cleaner on hand in my cupboard to get my cleaning done.

[+] Product does clean once you get it out of the can

[-] Paid full price and only got 1/2 a can of product!

As in my case, it can take the gloss off some of your pans

PKinOz
PKinOzRichmond-Tweed, NSW28 posts

Never comes out of can properly

This product is always a poor buy. It either does not spray from the can properly, or it runs out before the oven is coated. Buy rival products that actually come out of the can and coat the oven.

E.C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts
karen
karenBundook2 posts

Shocker of a lid

Its the best oven cleaner but the lid is a shocker to get off i just sliced my finger open on the lid that cracked trying to get it off. .jthe lid is too hard to get off everytime..

egget
eggetSydney, NSW3 posts

Great product

Best oven cleaner. I found out If you rinse the spray nozzle under cold water after use it it will clean the spray nozzle and will work just like a new can when you use it again

ACT
ACTChirn Park Queensland6 posts

Definitely the best product !!!!!

The best product I've ever used - everything comes up like brand new - extremely easy to use - even the most inground cooking residue comes off with ease - use it the correct way and you have nothing to worry about.

Linden
LindenSydney, NSW3 posts

Really works and easy to use !!

I have been using this for a few years now and can tell you it really WORKS ! Very toxic so take precautions .

Super easy to use and will remove almost any cooker or oven grim with very little effort. One of my favourative kitchen cleaning chemicals.

Btw the can nozzle is designed to splatter out the ingredients to get a foam like coverage

Vicki L
Vicki L7 posts

Spray nozzle fails!

I used this once and the spray nozzle would not work. I gave the product the benefit of the doubt and purchased a fresh can as I was not sure how old the other one was. Aside from spraying in spurts and not providing a good coverage the spray failed before I had sprayed all over the oven and this was after following the directions on the can. The fumes from the spray were awful and I would recommend wearing a mask if you do use it.

I won’t use it again!

Charmaine
CharmaineSydney, NSW11 posts

Easy off Oven cleaner

Best oven cleaner I have ever used. Spray. Leave for a couple of hours and then just wipe off. Cheap and super easy.

Warning: don't get it on your skin. Will cause serious chemical burns. A splat on my arm left a nasty burn.

Shaun
ShaunSouth-Eastern Region, NSW6 posts

Worked once

Worked for the first time, absolutley fine . Still have half a can full. Will not spray properly, spurts and splutters but does not give enough to cover any surface!

PALMSYD
PALMSYDsydney65 posts

Best Oven Cleaner I have ever used

Fabulous product to use. Removes the grime, even built up, from all surfaces, like a dream. I have used other oven cleaners over the years, have never been impressed very much at all with their performance. However, this is one that works as it said it would: "Within 5 minutes"

Tina A
Tina AHalifax, NS

Hazardous

I cleaned my oven thos evening I had on rubber gloves my arm lightly touched the side of oven while I was cleaning it now my right arm is burned badly from this product I wish I could post pocttod my arm for all to see I will never use this again I am in a lot of pain and suffering now because of this oven cleaner

JAT
JAT

Rubbish

This product destroyed my oven leaving a white film and corroding parts of the walls and roof. Very toxic - do not breathe whilst using and smell lasts for days. I am now faced with the expense of replacing my oven. Does the company compensate at all ??

Gavin
GavinVancouver

Terrible. It destroyed my oven

I followed the instructions, the product destroyed my oven. It ate right into the metal, now my oven smells like Easy-Off and I'm sure it's getting into my food. A few pennies worth of Easy-Off and a few minutes of time destroyed a several hundred dollar oven.