2Easy-Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner

2.7

39% · 85119 · 54%

Kate
Kate

Be careful easy off oven cleaner

I used this product and it leaked onto the front oven door of my smeg oven I now need to replace the door as it ate into the black paint expensive $800 lesson

bel
belmanildra nsw

waste of money

the easy off heavy duty oven cleaner is great .but after a couple of goes the nozzle clogs up even after you clean it at the moment i have four cans in the cubboard and none will work will have to find another oven cleaner

Irene
IreneDuingal2 posts

This product should come with a warning!

I found the odour overwhelming. Warning to wear mask should be added.

I had to stop spraying, I had a well ventilated room, but didn't help.

What I did get sprayed cleaned off fairly well. I will look for a brand that doesn't have such overwhelming fume.

Leeloo
LeelooMetropolitan Adelaide, SA32 posts

Simply the best!

This product works very well in a slightly warmed oven and left on for 15mins. Removed all burnt grease from glass door and interior. Just remove product easily with a damp hot chux. Our oven looks brand new!

Tip: aftersmell is quite strong so heat up some lemon peel on a tray on lowest temperature for 15mins.
very effective and reliable, no elbow grease used :)
strong aftersmell (see tip)

Asterix
AsterixAU3 posts

What happened? It used to be great?

I used to rave about this stuff. It used to work of course. It used to be highly effective and really to remove tough stains. I have no idea why they chamged the formula, but its a pale immitation of its previous glory at best. If you have very very light stains, itll jist get you by. If you have baked on grease or carbon, youve got buckleys chance without several applications and some hard scrubbing with a steelo. The price hasnt dropped. So it really baffles.me why they changed it. Theres several other products on the market with similar results and perhaps less foam.
What it used to be like
What it is now. Barely works. Lemon juice dod better by far!
Christine
ChristineSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Easy-Off Oven

Awesome product it does what is says it will do.NO SCRUBBING literally it just rinsed off. I will never use anything else. My oven was extremely dirty now I have an oven that looks like New. The smell is a bit strong but it doesn't last. Thank you Easy-Off Oven

Josh
JoshTownsville

Great for the oven, shower and dish

If it wasn't for the intense smell I would wash my house in this great stuff. Years of gunk removed quickly and effectively from the oven, perma stains melting in the shower, the baking dishes are clean again and it is cheap as chips. The caustic is such a great product, I love it.
The cleaning power of gods contained in a simple, cost effective chalice of awesome
The assosciated smell of it. Could takes months to recover from the smell.
Lishala
Lishala

I love this item!

This product is extremely simple to use, it has made cleaning my oven and ceramic stove top much easier and made it less of a chore. It does smell a little but i just open all the surrounding windows, turn on the exhaust fan and its fine.

I have and will continue to recommend this product to friends and i will absolutely use it again & again.
Cheap, Very easy to use.
the smell

Johnny 4u
Johnny 4uAU3 posts

I wouldn't use it

I would not use it because of the fumes. I was recommended GUMPTION and I used it on laminated benchtop with outstanding success with no fumes.I definetely will not use Bam ever again. From now on it's GUMPTION for me. I have been told by an elderly neighbour that Gumption was the number product a little while back.
Nothing
Dangerous fumes
Heather of Ocean Grove
Heather of Ocean GroveAU4 posts

Would like the product sold in non aerosol containers

As a cleaner I would rate it 5 stars, however, when I want to clean a small area and do not use the whole

container the nozzle becomes clogged even though I remove and wash the nozzle thoroughly after use I invariably end up throwing out a half full can and so I wish that I could purchase the product in an non aerosol container with a spray pump like I the other kitchen cleaners that I use.

Clogging of nozzle after using which prevents using unused portion at another time Show 3 replies

nat4692
nat4692AU2 posts

Really awful

I wont use this again as the fumes are so bad! i did it this morning, wore a mask, safety glasses and all, and i still was choking! i even have a headache still now. it did get all the grease off pretty easily, apart from on the bottom of the oven where it just didn't get it all off. i wont buy this again. i feel like Ive just taken 10 years off my life!
Wiped the grease off the door and sides of oven easily.
Terrible stuff. i cant see how this would be safe to use at all. also left a white residue in oven, no matter how many times I wipe it out it still stays.
Mietek
MietekPerth3 posts

Finally something which works!!

Great product. It’s irritant to skin and breathing, but that is something that we can all control and overcome. It works perfectly!! Great product!! Nothing can be found better that that one for BBQ, gas/electric cook top etc. Just magic!!! Enjoy no scrubbing, hammering etc. Just spray in wel ventilated area or buy a 20C personal mask. Great stuff!
IT just works!!!
Savvy Shopper73
Savvy Shopper73Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC66 posts

Sabine Parge
Sabine PargeMACQUARIE3 posts

Should only be used with gas mask!

Had to give up spraying after 2 squirts - the fumes were choking me. This product should not be on the market - it is a health hazard. I gave it back at Coles where I purchased it from and one of the employees there told me that he had the same experience and gave up as well.

The unbearable fumes

e_goura
e_gouraAU7 posts

ycse
ycseMelbourneAustralia

Great Product! Will definitely recommend this to anyone

I just moved to an apartment with a filthy oven. Being someone who likes to cook and uses the oven pretty frequently (especially winter), a dirty, greasy oven is a big no no. I didn't want to use chemical-contained product at first but after a few attempts doing the traditional way (warm soapy water, baking soda+vinegar), I gave up. Went to the supermarket and bought this product. It works amazingly (I used the warm method). I couldn't believe that all the grease, oil and dirty came off so easily. Didn't have to work hard at all! I will definitely recommend this product but if you use it, make sure you wear safety glasses, mask and gloves. Should have good ventilation too.
Works perfectly!
Toxic fumes
Oven & Cooktop Cleaners

Find out how Easy-Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner compares to other Oven & Cooktop Cleaners

jd2001
jd2001AU2 posts

It actually works!!!!

Excellent product - By chance saw product on shelf at Big W thought I would give it a go as oven needed cleaning. I followed instructions re cold oven cleaning - was amazed at how easily build up grease came off. Oven now sparkles! Highly recommend product.
Inexpensive but effective - after years of using other brands of oven cleaners have at long last found one that actually works!
 Show reply
Newt
NewtSydney Surrounds, NSW4 posts

Fumes are toxic but I'll brave them for the fact that this product works well!

I have been using this product for many years now as it's the only one I've found that actually works! One needs to hold a towel over their mouth whilst spraying the oven but I'll live with that just to have this product on the shelf.

I am a little worried as a new 2 hour no fume version has hit the shelf and the original seems to have disappeared.
Cheap and it really works!
Fumes are strong. Product is less effective when almost empty.  Show reply

francid66
francid6639 posts

excellent oven cleaner

After reading "Product Review" on oven cleaners, I finally decided to have a go (the worst job in the house is cleaning the oven). Wow, this is great. I made sure though I wore gloves and a face mask but in no time a nice clean oven. So much so I don't want to have to cook it in again!!!!
no effort in cleaning