EasyCook Deluxe 727

29 questions from our users

Jan

Janasked

Original 727e

Is there a instruction manual available please?

Louise

The cookbook that comes with it Jan doubles as the instruction manual. They sell them for $22 on the easycook.com.au website. You can get good info for free off youtube. The 2 main things to observe with them ALWAYS however, are:
Don't leave the lid on when cooking is finished as condensation can build up on the cooking mechanism and damage it.
Never immerse the lid in water. So as you can see the lid is very difficult to clean and will start to look ordinary after heavy, regular use but there is not a lot you can do about it. :)

Tessasked

Deluxe 727

Is there a video I can look at or buy on this model?

Hi Tess,
Chef Peter Howard has a few youtube videos on how to cook in it. If you put easycook 727 deluxe, youtube in to your search engine then a few videos should come up.

Tess

Thank you I did find a lot that were very helpful. Can you tell me what is the height of the tall rack. The rack I have is approx 7 cms

Jean Y.

Jean Y.asked

Deluxe 727

how do you clean the top lid?

Janet

Technically you can’t clean the lid. But I use a damp scourer to clean the glass and gently wipe down the centre. Do not wet the electrical component.

Louise

Short answer, you don't. The best I have managed is baking soda paste rubbed over it and wiped off with a damp cloth but it still looked pretty ordinary afterwards. If I find something that works better I will post. Think Janet's damp scourer idea is a good one though so am trying next.

John K

John Kasked

Original 727e

How long does oven take to reach optimum temperature?
Should the warm up light turn off ?

Louise

I have found that the heat isn't like an oven, it's more instant. So I never pre warm it.
It's also very drying heat so if I'm heating something that is likely to burn before it fully heats it, I cover the food in foil. Also the light stays on as long as the machine is on at least it does on my machine John.

Marilyn E.

Marilyn E.asked

Deluxe 727

Hi can you pls advise if the EasyCook and airfryers give much the same results? I have any EasyCook and don’t want to purchase an air fryer if EasyCook gives same end result- thanks

Louise

Sorry Marilyn I have never used an air fryer so can't answer this. Good luck with it.

Tessa B
Tessa B

I think they do, and friends who’ve owned airfryers tell me they are the same.

Lyn

Lynasked

How do I cook silverside in easy cook 727 deluxe and for how long? 1.25kg meat

Louise

Sorry Lyn, never tried it and wouldn't like to guess. Try youtube. Good luck.

mary

maryasked

Deluxe 727

Can you cook frozen chicken pieces in the oven?

Louise

Never tried cooking them frozen Mary, so can't help you with that one, sorry.

Janet

It works like any other oven. Adjust the temperature and time if you cook frozen foods

Rod

Rodasked

Deluxe 727

Dimensions - width, height, depth - of the EasyCook please? Our original unit is packed away in storage along with our belongings and I need to know size dimensions for a separate benchtop housing for the unit in our new unit. Thanks, Rod M.

Hii Rod,
The manual only has height and width . Height from manual is 325mm,width is 440mm.
So I measured it as well and got the following.
H 330mm
W440mm
D350mm
Good luck with it.

Mary

Maryasked

Deluxe 727

I have had my 727 easycook for many years I purchased it from myer but it takes so long to cook I even purchased the tray that goes on top level can you tell me what I can do better as it cooks not too good?

Louise

If this has been happening from the time you bought it then I guess you can assume the cooker was faulty to start with. Howver if this is a recent thing and you have had it many years maybe it's on it's last legs. I think perhaps this is now a question for a technician. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Sasha

Sashaasked

Deluxe 727

How do I use my EasyCook as a slow cooker?

Kenneth Townsend

Kenneth Townsendasked

Where can I get operator manual for 727 easy cook oven

milla

millaasked

Deluxe 727

Ive had an ezycook for years but have never used it to cook cakes or biscuits in it. My conventional oven stopped working at the weekend and i cooked some biscuits in the turbo cooker. The bottoms didnt cook properly. I also tried a zuchini slice in it the same result. Any advice? I sat it on the stand in the middle.

Tara

Taraasked

Deluxe 727

Has anyone found a way to crisp up the pizza base when cooking a pizza within the Easy Cook - just thought I would see what the experts have to say - the one's who have been using the machine for awhile.

Thank you.

victor
victor

Pre heat to light out with air fry bowel max temp setting then set to 200 Celsius on lowest rack till crisp. The trick is to let the steel floor of the air fryer to do the cooking of the pizza base before burning the topping.

Colleen Willisasked

Deluxe 727

I have an easy cook deluxe 727 & have lost my book, I cannot remember how to do the self cleaning process.
Can anyone help me ???

Hello, page 19 of the book says:
"to self clean bowl, fill with approx 60-80mm of hot water. Do not fill above the 100mm level. Add squeeze of mild dishwashing detergent. Replace lid and plug in. Push safety handle down. Set timer to 10-15 minutes. Select "WASH" on the temperature control panel. After cycle is completed, brush out with pot brush, rinse in warm water to remove all soap residue. Remove stubborn food spots with a nylon scourer and a creme or paste cleanser if necessary."

Joeasked

Deluxe 727

I just broke my wife's favourite cooking appliance the Easy Cook 727 Deluxe Model. Can I order a replacement bowl or do I have to buy the whole cooker again? Thank you - this is fairly urgent!

Hi
Most parts can be brought separately & can be found on their website -
Cheers

Joe

Thankyou I have ordered a replacement bowl for our easy cook 727. On my account however I cannot find "View All Orders" Maybe you can advise - many thanks!

Dee

Deeasked

Deluxe 727

I've lost my book. I just tried ringing company to replace it but i had to leave a message. Any chance someone has the book, i just need to know how to cook chips in please?

Belinda C

Hello, the instruction manual says on how to cook Classic potato chips, using 2-3 large potatoes: peel and slice potatoes into very thin slices, or use food processor. Rinse slices with water to remove starch and pat dry. Lightly grease baking tray or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange chips on perforated tray, leaving space in the centre for air to flow through. Place tray on high wire rack in preheated Easycook and cook at 230 deg C for about 12 mins or until crisp, turning once. Salt to taste. Use perforated tray on medium/lid rack. Preheat time is 12 mins, temp is 230 deg C with Fan on high. There is a further instruction about setting the Timer for 15 mins with the same settings, which is conflicting instructions! In the end, we just ensure the Easycook is preheated (just get it going whilst you are preparing the food) then bake in the Easycook for the 12 mins or until the chips are brown and cooked through.

Bobbyjo

Hi Dee. I have cooked chips in the EasyCook the same way that I do in a conventional over, with focus on minimal use of oils.
A floury potato is better for chips as they crisp better.
Whilst heating your EasyCook to 230, peel - or not, depends how healthy you want to be - and cut chips to desired shape and size. Dry with paper towel.
Place in a plastic bag or liquid-proof container. Add just enough cooking oil for a light covering, and a little salt. Shake to cover all chips.
Place into chip basket or perforated tray in a single layer. Cook until they look and smell just how you would like them to be, and enjoy.
Don't be afraid to experiment with your EasyCook. I have used it in so many ways, just as I use my other oven when cooking larger quantities. The biggest challenge for me is to ensure quantities are appropriate to the size of the EasyCook. Oh, and I can't get a crisp bottom on pizza - yet.

Mike

Mikeasked

Is there an instruction manual for 737custom model please
mike

Hi
Someone else has asked for the instruction manual for the 727 & I did a google search for a PDF version of it without any success so I guess you will have to find someone with an original to photocopy or try Easycook themselves for one.
Cheers

Belinda C

We received a cookbook/ instruction manual with our easycook, when we purchased it. The manual will be your box. You should contact easycook's customer service centre to enquirer about a replacement manual.

David M
David M

Go to the website, it will cost you $22 AUD

laydybirdasked

Deluxe 727

I bought the Easy Cook Luminarc Health Oven a few years ago and have only used it a small number of times as although it cooks well it is always really noisy when in use. Is this normal? We are using it again this afternoon but have stuck it on the bench in the laundry with the door shut because 2 hours of that hum and rumble would drive me round the bend! End result always good, I just wonder about the noise...turning the lid round makes no difference. The glass lid sits on the glass bowl directly...there is no rubber ring or seal separating the glass.

Belinda C

Noise? That doesn't sound good. Ours is soundless, aside from a very minor hum when the lid is plugged into the power point (similar to the noise of a four slice toaster in operation) and switched on. Ours also ticks like a clock as it's on timer to cook. Other than those two small operational noises, it's soundless. Our lid is rimmed with metal, and the metal sits on its ledge on the glass bowl.

laydybird

Thanks Belinda...we must have bought a dud! Too late to take it back now! We have no metal rim...just glass on glass and it hums but very loudly.

mmiller22

mmiller22asked

Deluxe 727

ive had the older model before but recently purchased the 727 model. I tried doing a roast pork and the its not letting me crackle it up. I think the heat is turning itself on and off and therefore not generating that consistent heat that it needs. Is this normal with all the new models?

Colleen Willis

I cooked a beautiful roast pork in mine tonight, I still score the skin, rub it with butter & salt & turn it up as far as it goes (Grill) until the crackle is lovely & crisp & then turn it down to roast to finish it off.

Maureen

Maureenasked

Deluxe 727

Bought a easy cook oven yesterday the book had been stolen Harvey Norman reduced the price as was last oven on the shelf can I get a book 727 to see how it works I am in my 70s and think will be good no more bending down

Sherree
Sherree

You could probably call Easy Cook and ask them to post you one out. 1300 360 300
Good luck.

Get an answer from our members and EasyCook representatives