EasyCook Deluxe 727

EasyCook Deluxe 727 Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for EasyCook? Claim your listing.
John585
John585 · Deluxe 727

Our easycook deluxe 727 has died after about 10 years and I want to replace the lid as all the rest is still good need advice about whether to replace with the original or the newer e model lid.

Jono
Jono

Hey John sorry to hear your cooker has died after 10 years, you often see them in op shops and Crime Converters. for what it’s worth if you want your cooker to last warm up the element before you run it hot and the same turning it off warm it down. Finally I just ordered some new wire racks, I just googled wire racks for easy cook , came up with a mob with the racks, they may be able to help you with a new lid. Good luck

Col H.
Col H. · Deluxe 727

How do l cook a chicken what time does it take?

Christine Findlay · Deluxe 727

Hi - I do use the wash function on my Easy Cook oven which is very helpful, however the upper part of the bowl is very -stained heat stains? - which I find impossible to remove with a cleaning paste or bicarb of soda and elbow grease, so it just looks dirty Does anyone have a solution?

Diane
Diane

No sorry mine was the same, even washing by hand didn't help in the end. I loved my easy cook and had it for 17 years.

Christine Findlay

Thanks Diane - yes I have had mine for years and use it quite a lot and love it. Shame they look so "dirty" though.

Linda P.
Linda P. · Deluxe 727

My air fryer turns off and on while cooking

Richard C
Richard C · Deluxe 727

When do you use the perforated tray

Happy Westie

Richard C~ I use the perforated tray to cook oven baked chips and fish, I’ve also used it to cook roast vegies.. I always sit the perforated tray on top of the medium stand for good air flow.

Mel
Mel · Deluxe 727

I absolutely love the EasyCook Deluxe 727, BUT even though I carefully clean the lid,the holes that hold the baffle screws in place have rusted; so am unable to continue use. NOT HAPPY.

Happy Westie

Maybe take it back to where you purchased it, you may be able to either get a replacement lid or fittings. Mine has never had this happen, I always leave mine out on the kitchen bench overnight to completely dry.

Pauline Fergus
Pauline Fergus · Original 727e

I have an original 727 Easy cook that I unfortunately put the top on the cord and burnt out the motor. Is it possiable to get the top motor replaced without receiving all accessories as I already have them.

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Why didn’t you simply contact the company directly rather than expect consumers to know ?

J Bal · Deluxe 727

Does anyone use the lid holder?
If so how?
I thought it would be free standing and that I could put the hot lid in it when checking/turning food and when finished cooking.
Its just arrived and I have no idea how to use it!
Thanks Jenny

Happy Westie

Hi Jenny, The lid holder hooks over either of the two side handles of the cradle the glass bowl sits in. So, when you place the lid into the holder the lid is vertical. While operating be sure to have the Easy Cook’s lid handle upright (so the element is paused)) while in the lid holder, otherwise it will burn it. There is a picture in the Cookbook/Instruction Manual on Page 11 which shows exactly how this looks.
Hope this helps.
Rhonda.

Hi Rhonda
Thanks , that's just the information I was after.
I had looked in my manual but couldn't find anything about it. I have just gone cover to cover and there on the inside of the back cover is a small picture under the heading of "Premium accessory pack" showing it in the position you mentioned - no instruction/advise tho.
I was concerned that the lid would be too hot and damage either the holder or the frame.

I shall give it a go!
Thanks again Jenny

Cal
Cal · Deluxe 727

Can I get this same product for 3.5 L or less?

Louise

Doubt it but don't know for sure.

Kerrie Q
Kerrie Q · Deluxe 727

Hi am I able to get the manual for this item, my mother has lost it and she wants to make the recipes you have, and for the instructions of how to use, thankyou.

Louise

There's are youtube videos that show a lot of hints and tricks. Also if you go to easycook.com.au website they have manuals and recipes you can download.

judy · Deluxe 727

Can you cook a pizza from scratch in the 727 easy cook , some say yes others say no

Louise

I have never suceeded from scratch Judy. Even when heating frozen pizzas I find the base doesn't cook. So I now use wraps as a base. I pan toast them first to brown them, then I add the sauce and toppings and cook them in the fryer on the tallest rack. If you like thin bases then that way is quite good.

Brett M. · Deluxe 727

I was given one of these just recently, I decided to test run it first with the wash cycle. It was second hand but looked really clean like it had never been used before. Followed the instructions no more than 80mm of water in the bowel with a little light detergent, turned it to clean on the dial and off it started walked away to let it do its thing. When I returned I noticed the fridge power was off then of course checking everything else I found the power fuse had tripped at the board. Reset the power and returned to the easycook for another go but every time I switched it on it pulled the power relay switch. Dam I was looking forward to trying this out, its now on the rubbish pile.

Louise

The perils of second hand goods I guess Brett, you don't know what has been done to them. I live in an old house that has old wiring. I have had multiple appliances on the go whilst using my easycook and have never had a problem with the easycook tripping the fuses.

Brett M.

My curiosity got the better of me, I wanted to pull the electric covers off for an inspection , didn't take long to realize someone had a go at it before me, the heads on the plate screws were stripped out and after a few attempts decided it wasn't worth it. A new one maybe ???? Are they worth it ?????

C. Kleimeyer · Deluxe 727

How do you clean easycook deluxe 727.

Louise

Hate to tell you this - you can't. I'm assuming you mean the top cause you can just wash the bowl or put it in a dishwasher. However, you cannot get any moisture on the staniless steel cover on the lid in case it seeps in to the motor. I have used steel wool with gumption or a baking soda paste and scrubbed both the ssteel and glass and wiped it off with a damp cloth but you need to be careful. It did a less than satisfactory job but better than nothing.

C. Kleimeyer

Thanks Louise. But how come there's a wash cycle on the right side?

Louise

The wash cycle really only cleans the bowl. You half fill the bow, add a bit of detergent to the water then put the lid on, turn the dial to wash cycle and turn the timer on for 5 mins say. That basically causes a whirlpool affect on the water, so it's no big deal as a cleaning cycle frankly. I doubt it even heats the water on that cycle as the manual tells you not to leave the lid on after you finish cooking to avoid condensation building on the lid. They really don't want any moisture on the lid.

Ok thanks so much.

VICKI S · Deluxe 727

I am going to bake a chicken but want to do veges as well do i just put them around chicken and how long do they take some people say things dont brown any tricks

Louise

Yes you can Vicki. If the chicken is marinated the veggies tend to get a bit soggy. Also if it's a whole chcken the shin cooks faster than the inside. I f I'm cooking a whole chicken I cut it straight up the middle through the ribcage and flatten it out so it's like it is butterflied. I then place it on the middle height rack to cook and I turn it over a couple of times during the process. That way the chook cooks through more evenly before burning. If I want baked veggies in with it I microwave the root veggies a bit first and put them in under the rack. If you don't partly cook them first they tend not to cook as fast as the chicken. It's not as good as an oven in my opinion.

VICKI S

Thank u for taking the time to answer me will give it a go but my husband likes stuffing so can't butterfly it will allow more time to cook and microwave the veggies

Louise

Yes, I see, butterfly will be a problem. Good luck. :)

Meg · Deluxe 727

can I use my oven to keep food warm after cooking.

Louise

Haven't tried this myself Meg, but I think you could. It does have a preheat temp on the dial so I would use that. If you were worried about burning you could cover the food with foil. I keep my breakfast croissants warm that way whilst I make the coffee.

Thank you Louise.

Vicki C.
Vicki C.

How do i cook silverside ?

Jan
Jan · Original 727e

Is there a instruction manual available please?

Louise

The cookbook that comes with it Jan doubles as the instruction manual. They sell them for $22 on the easycook.com.au website. You can get good info for free off youtube. The 2 main things to observe with them ALWAYS however, are:
Don't leave the lid on when cooking is finished as condensation can build up on the cooking mechanism and damage it.
Never immerse the lid in water. So as you can see the lid is very difficult to clean and will start to look ordinary after heavy, regular use but there is not a lot you can do about it. :)

Tess · Deluxe 727

Is there a video I can look at or buy on this model?

Hi Tess,
Chef Peter Howard has a few youtube videos on how to cook in it. If you put easycook 727 deluxe, youtube in to your search engine then a few videos should come up.

Tess

Thank you I did find a lot that were very helpful. Can you tell me what is the height of the tall rack. The rack I have is approx 7 cms

Jean Y.
Jean Y. · Deluxe 727

how do you clean the top lid?

Janet
Janet

Technically you can’t clean the lid. But I use a damp scourer to clean the glass and gently wipe down the centre. Do not wet the electrical component.

Louise

Short answer, you don't. The best I have managed is baking soda paste rubbed over it and wiped off with a damp cloth but it still looked pretty ordinary afterwards. If I find something that works better I will post. Think Janet's damp scourer idea is a good one though so am trying next.

John K
John K · Original 727e

How long does oven take to reach optimum temperature?
Should the warm up light turn off ?

Louise

I have found that the heat isn't like an oven, it's more instant. So I never pre warm it.
It's also very drying heat so if I'm heating something that is likely to burn before it fully heats it, I cover the food in foil. Also the light stays on as long as the machine is on at least it does on my machine John.

Marilyn E.
Marilyn E. · Deluxe 727

Hi can you pls advise if the EasyCook and airfryers give much the same results? I have any EasyCook and don’t want to purchase an air fryer if EasyCook gives same end result- thanks

Louise

Sorry Marilyn I have never used an air fryer so can't answer this. Good luck with it.

Tessa B
Tessa B

I think they do, and friends who’ve owned airfryers tell me they are the same.

Morticia
Morticia

Easy Cook any day!

Select a listing for your question
EasyCook Deluxe 727