EB Games
See the Best Toys & Game Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for EB Games? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Melanie O'Nions
Melanie O'NionsHunter Region, NSW

Fast postage

Fast postage which is great but there are a lot of out of stock items, I wanted to grab a PlayStation 4 controller along with the other items in my order but basically all were out of stock. Same situation in my local store.

australia is upside d.
australia is upside d.North-West & West coast, TAS

Great service, but everything was broken, even when it said "refurbished"

Ordered a refurbished Nintendo switch online, came in good time, however, later i found out one of the joy-con was broken, got fixed for free, and all was well and good, about 2 weeks later, i tried out the dock for the first time.
Found out it was broken too. It wasnt charging the switch like it was supposed to and refused to connect to the tv, even with all the nintendo cords.
Would not recommend buying "refurbished" products.

Teahm
Teahm

Too overpriced and has bad trade value

EB Games has the best sales and many acessories, consoles, tech and games and that's it. Their prices are way higher than their competition and don't get me started on how much of a rip off their trade in value is.

dave
daveadel

If your over 30 the staff do not see you

If your over 30 the staff do not see you iam just 33. Most of the sales staff are under 25
I noticed the game prices are up and down and speaking of games when you trade games in you get peanuts so be warned. Some game prices are cheaper elsewhere
My advice if you’re buying a new console IE PS4 XBOX1 etc sometimes there is a game but if the game is not to your liking trade the game back and put towards a game that you will like. Just ask it worked for me and most stores will price match with JB etc. .

Lachlan B
Lachlan B

Good in store bad online

I have purchased quite a few things from ebgames both online and in store. I have been given games with the deepest scratches imaginable and also some that were cracked, but most of the time they are perfect. Online however is different. You can only have a small limit of 10 items in your cart at a time, postage is super expensive and whenever I go to do a click and collect order for what ever reason EB Games seems to keep cancelling them. They send me a refund of course but that takes almost a week to go through.

What the?

They constantly get rid of their great prices online. i nearly got a xbox one s for 238 but the day i went to buy it, they literally removed from the whole store. now i have to literally go to the store in warragul and ask them for their cheapest xbox one s. i expect them to say 400 dollars for f*ck's sake.

John
JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

The "gutted game" practice

6 screen-free activities to entertain kids and toddlers

It’s tempting to plonk the kids down in front of a screen to get some peace and quiet at the end of the day, especially if you’re home schooling. However when you have the energy, here are 6 screen-free activities to help entertain kids at home, during lockdown or on a regular weekend.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.11 Aug 2021
6-screen-free-activities-to-entertain-kids-and-toddlers
Achtlos
AchtlosCanberra 2600, ACT

Buy from EB games online store

I can't stress enough, if you want to save money, buy from their online store. If you want the kids that work at EB to keep their jobs, go in and get them to price match Big W.

Kyle
KylePerth

its alright

everything in eb games stores are pretty pricey when it comes to consoles and games but besides all that the customer service is amazing

Not competative enough

Here e is the issue with EB Games The prices on their new release games are always 20% above Big W, JB Hi Fi etc why? Sure they offer to price match, but custometers do not want a price match, they want a price beaten, otherwise why not just purchase from the retailer that offered a lower price to start with. It is no coincidence that when they have a sale, every second week, the shops generally have a few customers, why, because this is the only time tthey are reasonably priced. Wake upbyo what consumers are trying to tell you here EB.

Reader
ReaderRockhampton

Customer service

Lammy
LammyMelbourne

don't sell there!

I only ever buy at ebgames when they are selling something I wanted very cheap or at a decent price. I've order online twice but the time it took to dispatch was kind of slow (didn't bother me though) and both times I received those items which was great.
I tried selling some games the other day for the first time, some old ps3 games which I thought were pretty decent, and in very great condition too (manual, case, no scratches on disk) one game included ff10 and they wanted to offer me $9.00 for all 4 games. That was a disappointing offer so I recommend not selling there!

Vik
VikAU

Good place to buy preowned games

I shop there once in a while I especially buy preowned ps4 games and if im not happy i can alws change within few days

Carkman
CarkmanYanchep

Check the market price of the game

Do not buy your new game from them. Go to target or at least try to get them to price match. Eb games charge consumers well over 20% on new games then their competitors and paying them encourages them to do it.

The customer service is very poor. They seem to be very laid back or have a superiority complex. These guys are gamers but lack actual people skills required to deal with non gamers like mums and people buying gifts.

The store is more geared into self service. Go in. See the game. Buy the game. Oh and dont bother with the warranty they offer. Waste of money.

CBones
CBonesPerth

OK. But their shipping prices are a wrought, and I wouldn't recommend buying from them online

Beverley
Beverleyasked
Online Store

Do you have Planet Coaster Console
Also Untitled Goose Game

Vossiasked
EB Games

Is it worth using the “eb games reboot repairs” as I’m looking for a solution to my ps4 overheating,I’ve tried everything I possibly can to prevent it but nothing has worked and it states on the website that it “prevents overheating” and I’m wondering if it’s even worth it as I’ve seen negative reviews towards the reboot repairs

Someone help !!

Jason
Jason

Hi Vossi I would steer clear of reboot. They charged me to have my ps4 fixed and it was returned exactly the same & wouldn't even replace it with a refurbished one under warranty - just look at all the one star reviews they have

Vossi

Hey thank you for that :) I did see all the one star reviews so yes I’m definitely going to steer clear and find another alternative to the reboot repairs thanks for the insight :)

wei
weiasked
EB Games

If I bought the Nintendo Switch Console from Ebgame and not used it. Can I refund?

Other Toys & Game Shops