eBay

eBay (page 2 of 60)

2.1 from 1,181 reviews

Fake Australian sellers

Sick of choosing "Australia only", then after purchasing item, find out there is a huge delay because the supposed Australian seller is importing the order from China. Goods arriving well after the date they are supposed to be delivered. Ebay have lost all credibility by allowing these fraudulent practices to go on.

Used service as a:Buyer

Very poor . Sellers lie about where they are and my bank is charging international bank fees .

Have contacted numerous times and told will get a response and still nothing . Even got charged international charge by my bank to renew eBay plus membership in Australia. False fake and phone . I have been a faithful loyal customer for years and this is how you get treated .
Well it’s goodbye eBay and hello Amazon au who know good customer service .

L_Parsons

L_ParsonsNSW, 2155

No longer trustworthy

Kathleen7

Kathleen7AU

Little person is good. Organization found wanting.

Ebay member for sixreen years and it's fine if the transaction is problem free and reasonable.
The behemoth is the problem. It's global shipping programme introduced about five years ago is an absolute rort when buying from overseas. Convenient for the seller who usually doesn't understand the consequences for the buyer. Ebay's problem resolution process is about making it as difficult as possible until you give up. Just like a bunch of lawyers!

Andy R.

Andy R.

wish a could give zero star

I am sick of eBay and i will only buy stuff i that is under $10 from now on in the last 6 months i have both 4 items and 2 of them have been faulty yes seller does say return item but at my own cost, that cost would be more than the item good buy ebay i will go back to going to shops for goods at leased you have better chance of refund as you can show damaged goods not happy

Sanach

SanachGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lots of options

Been purchasing lot of stuffs from ebay and its been good so far. Buyer protection is very good. Think it's better to stack up ebay gifts cards on offee and buy stuffs during ebay sale.

klubear

klubearGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

no professional organisation takes money without warning.

Harry

HarryNewcastle

Operates outside of australian consumer law

Purchased a buy now car spare part that failed after 4 mths. Was told by seller that they only needed to comply with ebay 3 mth warranty. Checked with Aust consumer law and found ebay not exempt. However to get help from ebay is like pulling teeth. The feedback system should have a follow up section where you could lodge after 6 mths or so . That way a true picture of what you are buying is more real. Repco with warranty from now on.

Forget Boost

Forget BoostVictoria

Don't expect fairness from eBay. It's all about the money.

I am a long term eBay buyer but a recent event has caused me to close my account. They are very unfair. Gave me an unpaid item strike without the right of appeal even though seller admitted listing was misleading and deceptive. Good bye eBay.

Sharon C.

Sharon C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sales Drop Unless You Pay For Ebay Plus???

I have been a seller for 10 years listing Retro furniture, collectables, books etc..My sales dropped to nil suddenly , ( I have about 25 to 30 listings, always)
I have now realised this drop in sales started when they introduced Ebay Plus and I did not subscribe as I already pay them huhebamounts in Final Value Fees.
I recently accepted an Ebay Plus free subscription for three months, sure enough sales sales sales. After the trial I elected not to pay their $50 Ebay Plus fee (I already pay them 10%)...Straight away, sales stopped Dead..Ebay have obviously manipulated their listings to cater for people who pay a fee of $50...What is the fee for, what is the benefit to the seller? A Govt Consumer watchdog need to take a good look at this?

Paul K.

Paul K.

Ebay Plus is a rip off!!!

Accepted the trial and paid for ebay plus when it was introduced. All great and very happy until it came time for renewal. Paid my membership and ever since, the flybuys I am supposed to be awarded have been halved. As an ebay plus member, supposed to earn double flybuys points which means 1 point per dollar. Has been reverted to half a point since my membership was renewed and after 4 calls to the supposed dedicated ebay plus customer service and them saying they will escalate it, almost four weeks later nothing has been done. They can't explain why and can't work out how to fix it. Useless waster of money. Time to go to the ACCC.

kard s.

kard s.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Do not sell on Ebay!

I sold an item, an oven for the first time, after buying many things over 15 years. Buyer returned, I had a correct listing, but Ebay and Paypal froze my Paypal funds, After rejecting the return, I ended up having to pick up the oven my self. There were no seller guarantees, I was threatened with letting the buyer keep the item and Ebay refunding the buyer, if I didn't pick it up, even though they asked the buyer to return the item to me. There is too much stress selling things on Ebay do not waste your time. You get treated like a criminal if the buyer decides to make a claim. Paypal fees are 2.6%, and Ebay fees about 10% for selling.

Used service as a:Seller

Absolute joke of a company, only care about taking your money

EBay australia is an absolute pathetic joke of a company who push their buyer protection but in reality only help the sellers who bring them big money. Theiving criminals who must be avoided at all costs, 2 stars is 2 to many.

Patrick A.

Patrick A.Perth, WA

If you are a seller listing luxury clothing/items, don't waste your time. eBay & their customer service is Rubbish

Product purchase Funnyhouse seller

I purchased a 3m airtrack from Funnyhouse seller and product does not hold air due to poor manufacture. Seller ya sheen promising to replace and continually lies and advises it has been shipped and nothing arrives. Funnyhouse is not a reputable business and would NOT recommend purchasing from this business.

KellieL

KellieLSydney

No longer using

I have bought and sold hundreds of items and never had an issue, I accept the fees are high and still chose to sell using EBay.

My issue relates to an item I recently bought that was sent from the UK.

I never received it and Ebay refused to give me a refund despite Australia Post records showing the signature upon receipt was not mine.

The seller obviously addressed it wrong but Ebay failed to take any responsibility for the error.

Mark T

Mark TMelbourne

One star is too much!

Sold an item through ebay (dealt with Yvette). Buyer f*%#@ item by either dropping it or seriously mishandling it. Returned and refunded in good faith as was away on business, when I returned I saw that there were significant new dints and scratches which caused major failure in item. Will never deal with again and I would never recommend to anyone.

head

headsydney

You list they fail to pay

You list a item,the buyer fails to pick up and pay,
And you are the one that has to wait 10 days for the failed payer to agree to the cancellation???
Some thing wrong here

Bradj

BradjHunter Region, NSW

Good, but needs to be sorted.

I have bought 2 of these catch cans on EBay. Very well priced and do a great job, but issues with both. First one had a dodgy thread which secures the lid to the body, hence I bought a second one. Second one was missing the base plug, so had to use the plug from the first one I bought. The cans work well and clean most of the oil & soot, but inlet size hose barb is too small for a Toyota. Comes with 14 & 10mm tails, needs to be at least 16mm. Compared to other products, they are good value, but to clean them out, you need to pull it apart and make a new gasket.

mitchger

mitchgerSydney, NSW

A rip-off

Very expensive, fees galore and on top of that you'll be charged PayPal fees. I tried to get around these issues by not accepting PayPal however buyers expect it and won't pay when they realise you don't offer it. I also accepted an offer to list items for $1.10 on weekends but eBay didn't honour the terms of the offer and went ahead and charged the full standard fees! They claimed I didn't click accept on the offer however I clicked it when I received it and then I went back and clicked it again before posting. Don't waste your time and money - it's not worth it.