eBay

eBay (page 2 of 55)

2.1 from 1,089 reviews

Unprofessional seller

Don’t buy from eBay seller ‘Happynessxu’!!! They’re Chinese company in our country, their stuffs are rubbish, have report eBay to blocked them which they supposedly have?? Nope .. rang again, fingers crossed.

Ebay sellers misleading locations

Basically a well known practise.Sellers claim to be in Australia but they and the goods ordered are located and sent from OS locations.
ebay should act to stop the deception, or explain why they won't.
This practise deprives buyers of proper process when seeking warranty or returns, and that's another area of concern.
Long Warranties short on detail and unenforceable.(Deliberate deception)

Administration AWOL

any problem with a seller and you have no rights...the seller has all the rights and the power...i warn you not to buy anything on ebay....good luck ..Tony Barbera..Sydney NSW

Love ebay

I love ebay, have been a member for 9 years, this year alone i have brought 120 products, love ebays prices and all the different things they sell. Love how i could connect my flybuys and earn points shopping at ebay. Wish you could watch more than 300 products also i love when the have promo codes to get money off

Hopeless service

Bought a product from one of your stores that was faulty. The company wont help so contact ebay and get told they wont help either. You should offer assistance.
Regards

DOES NOT PROTECT THE BUYER

I've been scammed buy a seller on eBay neither ebay or PayPal will do anything about it. It is quite sad tbh ... losing hundreds and they don't care even tho you have evidence.. their response: "Your too late, you'll have to deal with it ... we can't do anything ...anything else bye" beware of this site when buying! No service!

Ebay Services Progressively Worse

I have been an avid user since 2012. I refuse to pay a fee to become a ebay plus member as we spend sooooo much money on ebay already. Since they introduced this...their customer service team have either been rude or not want to help me, I have also had to make continue contact over the same issue because they say they will do something and then they don't. This is because I am not an ebay plus member so I am no longer an important customer. The other thing I recently notice is that I had left a negative feedback to a seller and ebay removed this. My feedback was legitimate and no profanity used. I asked ebay why they removed this...they came back to me and said that the seller provided document to prove otherwise that contradicts my feedback. What the hell? I the buyer knows what I received...ebay should have checked with me...so obviously seller provided ebay with fake documentation. Anyways...so this seller had four recent negative feedback from different buyers...and now ebay has for some reason removed all of them... this seller now has 100% positive feedback. The bottom line is...what is the point of leaving negative feedback now...and us the buyers now need to be aware that dishonesty plays a role from both ebay and sellers against us buyers who keep their site running. Last thing...if you receive a refund from international seller and it is not in your countrys currency, as what has happened to me a few times...you may find shortfall...refund less that what you actually paid originally because they do not lock in the currency. Another thing ebay couldn't care less about that their buyers are getting ripped off. Just some things I should share with you all.

Fantastic online shopping

Very pleased with eBay services, always a pleasure to chat to staff sellers I've met are always willing to help and understand, free shipping is always a benefit & PayPal is a added level of financial security.

Loving it!

I have been an Ebay customer since the early days, to begin with as a buyer only. For a few years now I have also been a seller. The ease of both, searching for an buying and listing and selling products is mostly great. I do struggle sometimes with the selling restrictions, but I hope this will resolve itself over time. I have received mostly excellent customer service!

can't live without it

you can always find everything you are looking for on ebay. also variable prices are available for the same products but it is easy to pick the product with best value.

Used service as a:Buyer

good selection but site used to be better

ebay USED to provide many options from around the world & very reasonable prices & with good buyer protection.
since the online purchases 10% gst grab which ebay chose to involve themselves in (apparently businesses particularly international ones still have/had the choice not to include themselves), prices got more expensive (but paradoxically, if the gst was supposed to serve as disincentive to buy offshore, overseas prices even WITH gst, are STILL generally cheaper) & so did shipping costs for items bought from overseas - particularly the US.
ebay makes a point of giving delivery estimates that sometimes are accurate, but when they're not (& an item is even a week late) there are no incentives offered for the inconvenience. makes you wonder why they even make a point of focusing on questions when leaving feedback for a seller if the item arrived by a certain date.
as a result, what was once a favourite site became one of the last on my list to buy from.
i certainly wouldn't recommend to buy from them anymore.
in general, prices off ebay have many a time been much cheaper (using google searches instead).
it's clear that ebay no longer cares about providing customers with competitive prices which is sad.

Used service as a:Buyer

My money gone and my order never come

Don’t waste your money to purchase the item from eBay, because they’re not cooperative to solve your problem and guarantee your items delivery to your house. I’m never receiving my order, I told them my case and they just close my case and no refund for my order. No recommend at all in the future.

Used service as a:Seller

Appalling customer service and dishonest

Ebay charged a sellers fee for the same item twice. It was a table that we originally had listed for $3000 and then relisted for $1800. They incorrectly charged us twice as they incorrectly accused/assumed that we sold outside of Ebay so the total in fees was over$500. When I contacted ebay the manager refused to refund the incorrect sellers fee even though she acknowledged we had been charged twice. I wasted 4 hours of my time to get the incorrect charge credited. Dishonest , unprofessional and an utter disgrace. I became so stressed from the situation.

Used service as a:Seller

You're on dealer's mercy- the warranty is just a myth with eBay Australia

Although it offers a vast variety of almost anything that you may need, but most of the stuff is cheap PRC made. Be careful when you read the terms like Warranty or Star Seller etc.
You are only safe if the product dies in the first 30 days from purchase or it doesn't arrive at all. After that, eBay Australia will not do anything except approach the seller on your behalf and if the seller doesn't want to honour the warranty you are screwed. Some of the items that I recently purchased on ebay went south (leaky taps, flashing globes and what not) within the first year of purchase. After approaching ebay and writing to sellers, I got nothing.
In a nutshell, buy the items that are for the amount that you can easily forget, no hundreds or thousands and only fifties, that sums it all.

Used service as a:Buyer

The best available online shopping platform despite the occasional bad quality (you get what you pay for)

I have had many good experiences and yes the occasional bad ones where I have to return something because the seller did not send correct item or what i received was awful quality. Today eBay makes it really easy to return any item purchased and get a full refund. Remember it is other nasty people that sell faulty items, eBay just provides the them with a way to sell it Once you make your PayPal account and link it with eBay buying stuff is as easy as two mouse clicks. For sellers however the fees could seem a bit high but the system they have in place to help setup an add quickly from their templates was pretty good when I used it last.

Nightmare. Completely horrendous.

Typically - with anything online these days - password/ registration, security, process (password loop-trap/ entering payment details etc.) is a horrendous nightmare for a seller. A waste of valuable time. Gumtree will spare you the pain.

Ebay Support is Hopeless

I recently sought help from Ebay for a failed purchase. Their response has simply astounded me. I purchased 4 bottles of a supplement from an ebay seller. The seller only delivered 1 bottle. The seller sent me an email confirming they knew they owed me 3 bottles but they didn't send out the rest of the order or respond to further messages. I raised a dispute with Ebay. Ebay rejected my dispute because they found the seller had made a delivery. It didn't matter to Ebay that the delivery wasn't what I ordered. I appealed and in their written response Ebay acknowledged I hadn't received my full order and said they would intervene after 3 business days. I contacted them 3 days later but they refused to help. Even though they knew I hadn't received what I ordered, they said a delivery had been made and that was the end of story. No further appeals allowed. Ubelievable!!! The moral of this story is don't expect Ebay to help if you have a problem with a seller. And remember if you have purchased by credit card you can ask for a chargeback if things go wrong.

Used service as a:Buyer

Seller didn't send the parcel as expected, causing a major problem.

Ebay is so extremely corrupt. Especially now that the GST is being applied - Ebay is starting to enabling some serious illegal activities. I bought a series of DVDs (08/04/19). On the Ebay page the seller claimed that she would send it via "Australia Post Standard Postage". The seller was "iiconics" - located in Western Australia. Unfortunately the seller did not do this. She sent them via a courier called Sendle. I was home but I was left a card, in the mail box, that said that the parcel had been sent to the nearest drop off point - a local newsagent. I went there to collect it, but I could not because I don't have a passport or driver's license and thus I have no photo ID. The manager would not allow me to collect it. I said that I had no photo ID and he said that it would be sent "return to sender" if it was not collected in 5 days. As I could not collect it, they sent the parcel back to the sender. I had opened a case to get a refund earlier. After the seller admitted to getting the parcel back, she escalated the case and I received a message that the seller had done this and that I would not get a refund. Basically the seller stole my money and Ebay enabled it. If the parcel had been sent to Australia Post I would have been able to go to there and used my Health Care Card to get the parcel. They know me there and I would have had no problem - but Sendle put it in a bad location and I couldn't get it. Basically the seller was a serious liar and said that I had had an opportunity to collect, but simply requested to RTS - as the parcel was marked - as it was no longer wanted. Basically she was a real nasty person. Basically took advantage of a person with disability. Disgusting.

Used service as a:Buyer

Wrong size Vans shoe sent out

Vans still do not and will not get half sizes in Australia, goes online and orders a half size, seller sends out a 10. Cheers Ebay now after 3 weeks of waiting how long will this take to resolve? This online buying shoes is a fun process when some turkey can't even pack the correct order. Meanwhile all the other sellers are selling out half sizes while I have to wait for a response from the seller. Trash process.

Fraudulent and frustrating

I purchased a gift for my niece. The seller then emailed me saying the only one they had left was damaged and would I like a refund. I said yes and they responded saying they have no record of the transactions. Now the details say it has been sent but the tracking number is not valid. Do not shop on ebay. I cannot reverse the sale on paypal either. Seller is caibeiup0507_9 .