eBay

eBay (page 3 of 73)

2.0 from 1,453 reviews

2.0

1,453 reviews
  • Used service as aBuyer (270) · Seller (97)

thayer

thayer

good and fast

ebay is good and safe because all payment through Paypal .Easy to return or get full refund and customer service are fast and nice .I bought a lot of items from Eaby and no problem at all .

goldcoast lady

goldcoast ladyGold Coast

Use to be good but I was subject to fraud from a seller

I purchased some shoes online from a seller. The next day she sent me an email indicating I had received a refund but the card no on the refund wasn't my card. I did not authorize any refund. Seller did not return my communication. I reported the seller to EBay 3 days ago and they have no action against the seller and have allowed her to relist the same item again. My advice deal with the sellers that have got plenty of reviews and have being a seller for a number of years. This was clearly a case of fraud and Ebay dosnt care

CHRIS

CHRIS

Good for buying, bad for selling, take your postage money

Ebay take over 10% of the postage that is charged, but do not allow you to add this on to the price so you are covered. This means all items have extra $ on them, so multiple purchased and combined prices are all being overcharged, because ebay does not know how to properly charge postage

head

headsydney

Simply best prices ????

Please don't go into the first simplybestprices page on EBAY and buy your item , dig a bit deeper a few more pages of the site and you will find the same item up to a big 40% cheaper ,tried to contact be email No Reply have organised a return.Beware this is reprehensible stuff ,and trying to get a resolution is so hard.

Don't bother

A complete waste of money as an eBay user for years I was interested but it is not worth your time no benefit makes me want to use eBay less

KatieSarkisSydney, NSW

Simplybestprices is a Scam/Bank

A M.

A M.Sydney, NSW

eBay Plus Deals are Scam worthy.

I’m just commenting on the eBay plus “daily deals” to help Someone else save time. I finally!!! After two weeks of trying multiple times a day clicked an ebay plus listing fast enough to get through before they were gone. Clicked buy it now then added coupon code. After entering the code I get a message “sorry buyer doesn’t have that quantity”. This is ridiculous and maddening and I will cancel ebay plus. Im happy to know there are limited quantity released each time and you have to keep trying. Fair enough. HOWEVER One quantity of the item should be reserved once you click buy it now and give you time enough to enter the coupon and check out. Every other ebay sale buy it now commits you to buy and you have time to checkout!!!

Zara

ZaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ebay = selfish and untrustworthy

My experience with eBay has been horrible, that’s why I closed off my account and my husbands because I would never want to use their platform or recommend it to any of my family or friends

I dont even think they care about anyone expect their profits, which is the reason why I’ve decided to choose Amazon Over them

Ian

IanHunter Region, NSW

We're in agreement with the negative reviews here as well..

Nothing but total concurrence with all other unfavorable eBay opinions posted here. eBay is still allowing a dodgy seller(unitedltyltd)to on-sell returned faulty phones with them. And doesn't seem all that concerned for the buyer parting with there hard earnt money. So we have ended our accounts with eBay.

Naval

Naval

Product not delivered , no refund

Product was not delivered for over a month, when I requested refund seller posted the delivery tracking number . The delivery company returned the item back to seller .

When I appealed to ebay , they did not check and cancelled the appeal immediately .
Bad customer care and system is not designed to make sellers disciplined and fool customer .

karen

karenSouth Australia

ebay are by far the worse place to buy from

They are unable to fix their own mistakes and are happy to let you explain the same thing over and over,they will empathize with you with the use of certain words but won't fix a problem that they have caused.I am DONE with this the crappiest of shopping sites.Go ELSEWHERE if you can

gazzaplus

gazzaplusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Seller luckygifts4you sells garbage-Very poor quality

madmax

madmaxCentral, SA

Ebay GST refund

I have bought a item from HK through Ebay and it has been lost. The seller has offered to refund the money. All OK until the amount was agreed on.It seems the seller has a price and ebay or paypal pay them that price "BUT" ebay or paypal add on the GST. when the seller refunds he/she only refunds the money "HE" received so the buyer is out of pocket the GST. A real scam. On top of that you try and contact Ebay. It is easier to buy a illegal gun on line than it is to put in this complaint. If Ebay is looking the order way 18-04975-59074. BUYERS BEWARE

Maroun

Maroun

eBay plus unlawful charges

I signed up for one month free eBay plus, when time came I found fees withdrawn from my account without prior notice. I didn’t want renewal To proceed and same time forgot to stop it since no email sent to my inbox. Later I found on the app because I’m new to it that they sent emails to the app. Never had issues with eBay but they should be clearer when it comes to charges

Elanie79

Elanie79Perth, WA

Appalling handling of a delayed sent item

I sent an item to the US which I sold on Ebay. Luckely I paid extra for a tracking number. Delivery was considerably delayed due to Covid 19, especially in the US. Regardless of my tracking proving the item was sent, but held by custom for a coming delivery, Ebay refunded the buyer without contacting me first and closed the case in spite of tracking device showing the item has now been delivered. Unacceptable handling of the situation. Shame on you EBAY US!

Disappointed

I usually have great experiences when buying things online but unfortunately I can't say this about Ebay. I ordered a phone case on the 19th of May and said it would arrive between the 1st-15th of June. It's now the 19th and still haven't received what I ordered. Every time I message them, they say 'its coming or should we send it again?' I understand some packages take time to arrive but I didn't think I'd have to wait three weeks for a simple package. Just overall very disappointed and upset with Ebay and won't go through this company again.

Terrible customer service

Customer service will blame you for a blatant mistake on eBay / the sellers behalf. They won't offer compensation or even admit any wrongdoing. Customer service is also unclear in language and communication.

schroedinger-cat

schroedinger-catMid North Coast, NSW

Ebay is abandoning fairness

HillBilly

HillBillyPerth, WA

Now they are spamming me

eBay has lost its appeal. Too many Chinese junk flossing g the place with unethical business practice.

Now they are spamming me on my mobile with eBay plus. I never opted for these messages.

Ebay plus

do not trust ebay Australia signed up for ebay plus trial 1 year ago ,1 year later my PayPal account had a deduction of $48.99 upon investing they had taken another years fee from my account, with out my authorisation. Tried to get a refund only to be told by a computer generated message that no refund would be given that you must log on and cancel your membership personally this was never explained to me very underhanded they can't be trusted don't sign up for ebay plus

Melville S.

Melville S.asked

Why is E-Bay having double standards with Sanitisers? Just type sanitizers into the search field and there may for sale. How come we are not allowed to sell on E-Bay. This is double standards by Ebay.

KatieSarkis

It's to prevent price gouging. What happened in Australia was people were buying up all the face masks, toilet paper and hand sanitizers from the shops and then selling them online at super inflated prices to take advantage of the Covid19 crisis and make a huge profit.
The hoarding of products by certain groups of people meant that there were no products left for everyday people who needed the products to use - not to sell online and make a profit off. Unfortunately the greedy people ruined it for other sellers who genuinely wanted to sell their products on EBay at regular prices. After the crisis ends, I think EBay will allow sanitizers to be sold on their platform again although I don't know for sure. If Ebay is allowing some of their big sellers to sell hand sanitizers but not little sellers then that is obviously very unfair and you could challenge their decision by complaining to your countries consumer affairs department.

olivera

oliveraasked

what was everybody experiemce buying mobile phone on ebay is it safe or is better to stay away

micheal
micheal

all you really need to do is have a look at the all negative reviews about the scams & make up your own mind

Althom
Althom

Buying anything on eBay is a risk. It's full of scammers.

Bella
Bella

don't buy expensive goods on Ebay, you'll be scammed most likely.

Marie W.

Marie W.asked

Has anyone had messages from eBay asking for credit card details for a item that was never purchased.i have never brought anything off ebay

Fire4FX
Fire4FX

Sounds like a phishing scam. You can usually tell if you've opened the email & the reply email address looks like random text & appears dodgy.

john smith
john smith

its a scam its been going on for a while

Julian
Julian

Dodgy scam , a bit like eBay really. Used to be good before the scammers took over .