eBay

2.0 from 1,206 reviews

Scott

ScottNortheast, VIC

Deceitful sellers

I have been shopping on ebay for many years now , and i am getting sick of sellers saying item location is in Australia , Sydney , Melbourne ect when in actual fact they are in China i only learn this because when i get a receipt it says that my money is going to China . , I live in country Victoria and it shouldn't take 10 to 14 days to get the item from Melbourne or Sydney , Ebay need to crack down on these deceitful sellers or people will not trust them anymore and ebay will go belly up !

Lauren

Lauren

Seller and a buyer

I have sold and boy have I shopped. Ebay is my go to for all things I want to buy online. I buy pens, I buy money boxes, I buy earrings I buy literally everything. It all ships so so quickly (usually.. when buying from Australia anyway) and sellers are usually always easy to contact to.
Ebay takes all my money... It's a great app!!

Thanh

Thanh

I love ebay

I am a very big fan of ebay. Service is good and many Kind of goods. I bought many things from this website and it is easy to compare price.

Just not fair

Sold iPhone to buyer stated exact condition responded to buyer he said was not as described scratched had gorilla glass on since new so perfect
They obviously changed their minds so eBay without consultation stole money to give to buyer will close account never again

Fire4FXSydney, Australia

ZERO stars! Seller feedback tarnished by fraudulent (buyer) scammer!

JTT

JTTGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Declining service

I was once a huge fan of ebay making it my first choice for buying and selling. unfortunately over the last year I've watched as ebay have changed their policies and no longer make an effort to ensure fair and honest location for online transactions. Recently I purchased a $250 leather bag. The bag broke a few months later. On trying to locate the seller I was advised that ebay has closed the sellers account. I'm now left with a broken useless bag and out $250. Have tried called ebay but they're will not assist. I've no way to contact the seller and ebay tell me it's not their issue.

Fake Australian sellers

Sick of choosing "Australia only", then after purchasing item, find out there is a huge delay because the supposed Australian seller is importing the order from China. Goods arriving well after the date they are supposed to be delivered. Ebay have lost all credibility by allowing these fraudulent practices to go on.

Very poor . Sellers lie about where they are and my bank is charging international bank fees .

Have contacted numerous times and told will get a response and still nothing . Even got charged international charge by my bank to renew eBay plus membership in Australia. False fake and phone . I have been a faithful loyal customer for years and this is how you get treated .
Well it’s goodbye eBay and hello Amazon au who know good customer service .

L_Parsons

L_ParsonsNSW, 2155

No longer trustworthy

Kathleen7

Kathleen7AU

Little person is good. Organization found wanting.

Ebay member for sixreen years and it's fine if the transaction is problem free and reasonable.
The behemoth is the problem. It's global shipping programme introduced about five years ago is an absolute rort when buying from overseas. Convenient for the seller who usually doesn't understand the consequences for the buyer. Ebay's problem resolution process is about making it as difficult as possible until you give up. Just like a bunch of lawyers!

Andy R.

Andy R.

wish a could give zero star

I am sick of eBay and i will only buy stuff i that is under $10 from now on in the last 6 months i have both 4 items and 2 of them have been faulty yes seller does say return item but at my own cost, that cost would be more than the item good buy ebay i will go back to going to shops for goods at leased you have better chance of refund as you can show damaged goods not happy

Sanach

SanachGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lots of options

Been purchasing lot of stuffs from ebay and its been good so far. Buyer protection is very good. Think it's better to stack up ebay gifts cards on offee and buy stuffs during ebay sale.

klubear

klubearGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ebay Plus is a scam., Ebay does not deliver promises and then takes money without invoicing first.

Harry

HarryNewcastle

Operates outside of australian consumer law

Purchased a buy now car spare part that failed after 4 mths. Was told by seller that they only needed to comply with ebay 3 mth warranty. Checked with Aust consumer law and found ebay not exempt. However to get help from ebay is like pulling teeth. The feedback system should have a follow up section where you could lodge after 6 mths or so . That way a true picture of what you are buying is more real. Repco with warranty from now on.

Forget Boost

Forget BoostVictoria

Don't expect fairness from eBay. It's all about the money.

I am a long term eBay buyer but a recent event has caused me to close my account. They are very unfair. Gave me an unpaid item strike without the right of appeal even though seller admitted listing was misleading and deceptive. Good bye eBay.

Sharon C.

Sharon C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sales Drop Unless You Pay For Ebay Plus???

I have been a seller for 10 years listing Retro furniture, collectables, books etc..My sales dropped to nil suddenly , ( I have about 25 to 30 listings, always)
I have now realised this drop in sales started when they introduced Ebay Plus and I did not subscribe as I already pay them huhebamounts in Final Value Fees.
I recently accepted an Ebay Plus free subscription for three months, sure enough sales sales sales. After the trial I elected not to pay their $50 Ebay Plus fee (I already pay them 10%)...Straight away, sales stopped Dead..Ebay have obviously manipulated their listings to cater for people who pay a fee of $50...What is the fee for, what is the benefit to the seller? A Govt Consumer watchdog need to take a good look at this?

Paul K.

Paul K.

Ebay Plus is a rip off!!!

Accepted the trial and paid for ebay plus when it was introduced. All great and very happy until it came time for renewal. Paid my membership and ever since, the flybuys I am supposed to be awarded have been halved. As an ebay plus member, supposed to earn double flybuys points which means 1 point per dollar. Has been reverted to half a point since my membership was renewed and after 4 calls to the supposed dedicated ebay plus customer service and them saying they will escalate it, almost four weeks later nothing has been done. They can't explain why and can't work out how to fix it. Useless waster of money. Time to go to the ACCC.

kard s.

kard s.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Do not sell on Ebay!

I sold an item, an oven for the first time, after buying many things over 15 years. Buyer returned, I had a correct listing, but Ebay and Paypal froze my Paypal funds, After rejecting the return, I ended up having to pick up the oven my self. There were no seller guarantees, I was threatened with letting the buyer keep the item and Ebay refunding the buyer, if I didn't pick it up, even though they asked the buyer to return the item to me. There is too much stress selling things on Ebay do not waste your time. You get treated like a criminal if the buyer decides to make a claim. Paypal fees are 2.6%, and Ebay fees about 10% for selling.

Absolute joke of a company, only care about taking your money

EBay australia is an absolute pathetic joke of a company who push their buyer protection but in reality only help the sellers who bring them big money. Theiving criminals who must be avoided at all costs, 2 stars is 2 to many.

Patrick A.

Patrick A.Perth, WA

If you are a seller listing luxury clothing/items, don't waste your time. eBay & their customer service is Rubbish

Marie W.

Marie W.asked

Has anyone had messages from eBay asking for credit card details for a item that was never purchased.i have never brought anything off ebay

Fire4FX

Sounds like a phishing scam. You can usually tell if you've opened the email & the reply email address looks like random text & appears dodgy.

john smith
john smith

its a scam its been going on for a while

Julian

Dodgy scam , a bit like eBay really. Used to be good before the scammers took over .

Len1010asked

Why does E-bay mark items as being delivered when tracking clearly shows the items being in another town?

Len1010

Why does E-Bay show items as being AUSTRALIAN STOCK when they come from China.

lovemyhome
lovemyhome

It's not eBay that marks it Delivered, it's the courier. eBay just shows you what online tracking says.

@ Len1010,
Tax avoidance scam to save the 10% GST which applies to products sent from overseas, eg. from China as well as taking advantage of low postage charges. If you take a look at Aus Post domestic charges you quickly realize that expecting to buy an item for under 10 bucks locally with free delivery include is not realistic.
With most Chinese made products Aust based sellers either buy in bulk from Alibaba and try to compete with Chinese based sellers or for low volume items they order from AliExpress and item is shipped directly to you.
May as well cut out the middleman and order directly from China. ;-)

Tiny.w

Tiny.wasked

is it safe to get an iphone from ebay? who has got one from ebay?

V.conn
V.conn

I bought one 2 years ago from eBay it was fine maybe had some refurbished parts. It just depends on who you buy off

Len1010

Three years ago Fine But from my recent bad dealings I would advise you to look elsewhere.

Gaz
Gaz

It seems that some overseas companies say they are in Australia and clearly not from my experience so no I wouldnt

CategoryOnline Shops and Auction Shops