Michele S.Ecco

Hi Liana, I'm sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience :( I am speaking with our store currently and will reach out to you directly to resolve. Best wishes from your ECCO Team

Liana H.

Hi, thank you for your response.
I did call and sent an email to Ecco to try and have it resolved before we went back to the store. We have not heard anything back even to this day.
That was why we turned to third party reviews.

DebVictoria

Don't buy online -ECCO don't stand by their sizing

Ecco refuses to do anything about shoes that do not fit - even in COVID in Victoria. This is not my error. I own 3 pairs, and two are perfect. One pair is clearly much bigger but ecco takes no responsibility.

SizingVery large
Michele S.Ecco

Hi Deb. I understand and our apologies if you feel we could have communicated more effectively. We'll happily take that feedback onboard. Wishing you all the best from ECCO :)

Mi Y.Sydney, NSW

Nonexistent customer service. Did not receive everything in my order yet unapologetic

Bought some shoes and an accessory. They forgot to pack the accessory. After a week of trying to contact them I was simply told that the records showed that I had received it. I only received a stream of unhelpful and patronising messages from Ecco on Facebook messenger. You’d think you’d get some sort of service after years of purchasing their expensive shoes.

George

GeorgeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Accepted money but had no advertised stock to honor the order.

Purchased a pair of advertised shoes on line and naturally paid for them at the time of purchase, it took Ecco four days to cancel the order due to them not having stock even though they accepted my money now who knows how long they will take to refund my money.

megalina

megalinaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Ecco Quality decrease. Shoes fall apart

25 years ago Ecco were my shoe of choice and were comfortable and lasted years.
Now new Ecco shoes are a tighter, narrower uncomfortable fit (scrimping on materials ?) but remain very expensive.

I thought I’d try again and recently purchased 2 pairs from eBay - second hand but in lightly worn, almost new condition.
The soles of one pair cracked then crumbled into a sticky mess.
The other, the soles completely fell off as I was walking along a footpath in Sydney.

I feel that the once excellent quality of Ecco has long gone. Buyer beware.
Looks like the company has moved production and now using cheaper materials and production methods.

I wrote to Ecco but did not receive the curtesy of a reply or acknowledgement.

Francis S.

Francis S.Sydney, NSW

Such a disappointment

Quality has dropped dramatically while the price has risen steadily.
Won't last over a year with minimal usage.
The store manager literally tells you some BS to get away with the warranty such as did you moisturize your leather shoes regularly, that's why the leather shoes are peeling off as I have never had leather shoes. been a few years customer and but never again.

Michele S.Ecco

Hi Francis, I'd like the opportunity to review this matter for you. Please email me on eccoau@ecco.com at your first convenience. Regards Michele

Mia

Mia

Scum rip off

I bought a pair online and literally after one wear the leather ripped! Worst of all the Online service said its not covered warranty! Are you kidding me!!?? After one wear??? and given they charge over $250 for a pair!?? And noticing they also dont address any reviews that are negative says a lot about a company.

Tim

TimSouth West, WA

Very poor after sales service

My shoes fell apart within 12 months and even though the shop I purchased them from is over 3000km from where I live (I purchased them while I was on holiday) Ecco advised I had to return them to the shop where I purchased them from to see if I was eligible for a replacement pair or a credit. Ecco themselves were of no assistance at all

How bad are Ecco Shoes becoming

I have had the same problem where one sole of the pair disintegrates after 12 to 16 months . It’s not clear why except poor quality’. The second sole is in Perfect no sign of significant wear. Happened three times to me Won't but those shoes again EVER

Sucks

These golf shoes have lasted just barely a year. The spikes have fallen out with the socket so the spikes can not be replaced. A total waste of money. Sad.

Kefie

Kefie

Worst shoe in existence

DevenSydney, NSW

Bad customer service

Extremely poor online experience. It takes 3 days to process after placing my order. The customer service rep was totally indifferent and disinterested when i called to say I did not receive my order after 5 working days. I have still not received my order because Auspost being Auspost could not find my Sydney Metro address. Its been well over a week now and still waiting for my refund.

ragir

ragirbyron bay

Wouldn't buy again

+ sandals are comfortable to wear
- poor quality: after less that 2 years of very moderate wear the sole of one (!) of the sandals started coming off. This is worse than any other brands, both cheap and expensive, I had previously. Given the price tag, this is nothing but a rip off!!!

DJ13

DJ13Melbourne

Orange Walking shoes...colour ran in the rain...

Not fit for purpose... would you expect a pair of walking shoes to run in the rain, particularly after being waterproofed with the recommended product...

Brad

BradTHOMASTOWN

Poor communications

Sam

Samartarmon

Never Again

For almost 5 years I have been purchasing Ecco shoes because they used to be high quality even though expensive. for the last 2 years I have purchased 2 pair of shoes, both mora then $200 and non of them lasted more than 1 year as just casual shoes. With one (the sport pairs) leather started to peel off just after 2 MONTH from the purchase and was told by the retailer it dried out and I should have moisturised them (As if Sydney is a desert ) without taking any responsibility and the other pair had the same problem even though I moisturise them regularly. That's when I decided Ecco is not good quality any more and they now just ripping off their loyal customers cause they think they can.

Will Dunscombe

Will DunscombeShelton Mallet

ECCO BIOM HIKE

I order a pair of ECCO BIOM HIKE walking Boots from Ecco store online for £240.00 the first pair after just two walks the stitching around the ankle come unstitched so I sent them back the second pair were also of bad quality stitching so I had a refund my advice do not touch these boots they are rubbish.

Queen Victoria

Queen VictoriaSydney, NSW

Three wears and then the sole just fell apart.

Dan D

Dan DBrisbane

Failed online order

Ordered online. 2 weeks later still no shoes. Chased them up only to be informed out of stock at warehouse so they cancelled order. However they did have a pair available in another state. I could ring up the shop and repurchase myself !!!

Caro

CaroSouth East Queensland, QLD

Soles disintegrated

I have had my Ecco walking shoes for awhile, bought when I'd left my regular walking shoes behind on a trip. Hardly worn. I just started wearing them daily for the last week and both soles have suddenly split apart and disintegrated into fine soil-like pieces. Completely unwearable. They are so comfortable and the leather still in top condition. They were so expensive that it is not worth it. I have other walking shoes just as long (Rockport) also with synthetic soles that have not perished like this. A pity the company doesn't listen, word of mouth will destroy its business. They could elect to replace products that don't stand up to expectations and have customers for life, instead of losing them.

Rebecca

Rebeccaasked

Ecco Shoes

Best boots for the European Christmas markets? They must be comfortable, warm, waterproof and have a suitable tread. Will your recommendation be in-store in any of your locations around Sydney for me to try them on?

Hi Rebecca,
Thank you for your inquiry!
Recommended styles that may suit your needs include the following:
ECCO BABETT BOOT (21557311001) This boot has a Goretex lining underneath the leather making the shoe waterproof and a warm lining for the colder climates.
ECCO BABETT BOOT MID-CUT BOOT (21561312001) This boot utilises water repellent Hydromax technology and a warm lining to keep your feet warm.
The Babett sole in the 2 above models offer comfort and has a tread suitable for wintry days.
ECCO AQUET ANKLE BOOT (20709301001) This boot has a waterproof Goretex lining underneath the leather and a textile lining. This offers more of a casual sneaker look.

The ECCO AQUET ANKLE BOOT and ECCO BABETT BOOT are available at our Tuggerah Westfield and DFO Homebush stores. The ECCO BABETT BOOT MID-CUT BOOT is available in our standard retail stores such as Sydney Westfield, Macquarie, Chatswood Chase and Miranda.

If you are interested in tying them on, I would recommend giving the store a call before you head in to confirm availability. Our store’s location and contact details can be found on our Store Locator page: https://au.ecco.com/store-locator
Happy shopping :)

Di W
Di W

Based on all the negative reviews I'm reading, I would say save your money & buy some decent quality genuinely EUROPEAN MADE, because this brand can no longer proudly say that, factories in China & other 3rd world countries, pfft. I was just about to spend a fortune on a pair, thank god for productreview.com.au!!!

Siew-Tuan S.

Siew-Tuan S.asked

Ecco Shoes

Do Ecco do trail runner shoes that accommodate bunions prefer a D width & soft leather.

Loretta M.

Loretta M.asked

Ecco Shoes

What are Ecco shoes/boots like?
I am travelling to Europe and will be doing a lot of walking.
Just wondering whether Ecco shoes/boots are well made and at the same time, comfortable??
Many thanks

Roy
Roy

I've worn the same pair of ecco shoes to Europe for the last four years. We do a lot of walking/hiking: over 10 million steps according to my garmin.I did have lifts installed on the heels and this year, I replaced the insoles. Aside from that, the leather uppers have held up remarkably well. With a little polish, they have maintained a like-new appearance. Mine were made in Portugal. Hopefully, ecco hasn't done like other companies and moved production to Asia.

Deven

Unfortunately these shoes never arrived due to the late processing of my order and Australia post not delivering the shoes. A very frustrating experience all round.

DRose
DRose

I bought a pr of Ecco Babett boots - lace ups made from oiled leather. Although described as wide fit, they aren't! The leather is stiff & unyielding and often my feet are sore after a few hours. Wouldn't advise buying these boots unless you've got a narrow foot.

Get an answer from our members and Ecco representatives

Compare both Ecco Shoes
CategoryOnline Shops and Footwear Shops & BrandsPhysical Shops and Footwear Shops & Brands
Offers Free Standard Shipping Yes
Free Standard Shipping Minimum Order Amount $175.00
Mens / Womens ClothingMens and WomensMens and Womens
Labels Sold Own LabelOwn Label
Buy Now, Pay Later OptionsNoneNone
Type of Footwear OfferedCasual & Dress Shoes and Exercise & Sport ShoesCasual & Dress Shoes and Exercise & Sport Shoes
Compare both Ecco Shoes