John S.

John S.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst customer service at Carindale Qld.

Maria Gerard

Maria GerardSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Poor service on defective product

I purchased a pair of walking sandals from the Canberra store. They had a manufacturing defect which became evident when I wore them. When trying to return them and get a replacement ( I had the receipt) I was told they would send them to head office to be assessed as to whether they would replace them and as I had worn them a refund was out of the question. Both of these actions are illegal in Australia according to Australian Consumer Law. I persisted with the store manager and she reluctantly agreed to replace then and then tried to upsell me shampoo and water shield. I’ll never buy Ecco again.

Ecco
Michele S.Ecco
Nifty Nev

Nifty NevSydney, NSW

Some echo shoes most diffently have poor quality soles.

I have purchased many echo men's shoes over the past 10 years or so, most with stand a good period of wearing, but unfortunately some shoes have very poorly designed SOLES. In short, the quality of Echo shoes soles are becoming there weakest point. From a proud Echo user, I have come to the conclusion that I will never buy an Echo shoe ever again.

SizingTrue to size

Doffe

DoffeSydney, NSW

Ecco quality rapidly decreases

Have been using Eccos for the last 18 years. Sandals, winter boots, office shoes.
In the last two years I have started to notice the ever decreasing quality - the materials get a bit more rough, new shoes started to cause blistering, the shoes fall apart much sooner.

Combined with the ever increasing prices, I am not sure it they are worth their asking price.

SizingTrue to size
Julie Q

Julie QGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great quality but poor customer service

Design Integrity Abandonment

I have been purchasing Ecco shoes exclusively for around 15 years, due to design excellence, namely firm platform with flex at ball of feet, combined with a firm heel.
Recently i have noticed thes design principles sacrificed for "fashionable" appearance and colours. No doubt the current trend is cheaper to manufacture, but Ecco has consequently trashed its fine reputation for quality.

cjo

cjoSydney

Foot crippler yucaton sandal

Ecco yucaton off road sandals purchased at Athletrs Foot : the most over- rated, over-priced, unattractive and crippling footbed I have ever had the misfortune 1. To buy 2. To try to persevere and 'wear in'.

montxsuz

montxsuzAU

Built-in obsolescence - it is a design future.

Ecco shoes are pre-programmed to last only a couple of years, then the synthetic soles disintegrate and you are stuck with little-worn leather tops - useless. I used to love these Danish designed shoes, so comfortable. I must be a sucker, because I bought several pairs over the years. But for the money you pay you would expect longer service. And I think they are getting worse. Right now I've had it. My latest pair is only a year old, light use (work only, twice a week) and already the soles are going. Nothing wrong with the tops - but you cannot replace the soles. Once gone, you have to chuck the whole lot. And they don't come cheap. Great business plan!

Why ecco shoes, and many others, fall apart fairly quickly

PJLB

PJLB

Foot cripplers

Purchased the Ames walking shoe. After wearing them on four separate occasions and trying different inner soles each time I’ve reached the conclusion that these shoes are horribly uncomfortable. My heels are absolutely burning and painful and I have to remove them as I can’t stand the torture any longer. I wish I had not bought them and I will certainly never even look at another pair let alone buy them. Terribly disappointing ECCO.

Kinny

KinnyAuckland

The lining comes away from the insole

I have two pairs of ecco yucatan sandals and in both pairs the lining has come away from the insole of the shoe at $250 a pair this should not happen, the lining has come away from the back straps. I have narrow feet so it wasn't because my feet were to wide, this is unacceptable.

Tee

TeeSydney, NSW

DISAPPOINTED - ECCO WOMENS SOFT 3 HIGH TOP BLACK Style #221513

Irene gritton

Irene grittonBuderim

Ecco have gone downhill

Having worn out two pairs of Ecco off-road sandals I thought it would be safe to order a pair online. This time I bought the Yucatan . The first time I put them on I noticed a difference. They felt too hard. After walking in them for awhile I had a sore L foot & rubbing on my R. The other disappointing factor was that they make the feet hot; a sure indication of artificial materials in place of leather. The old ones were much better quality & I will not be buying Ecco in future.

SOLES - sticky and disintergrating

Black size 43 "Hydromax" - very comfortable and hardly worn except for special occasions (5 times max).
Made in Thailand - but Australian priced $$$.
Sole as new - but now deteriorating into a sticky substance making them impossible to wear.
Obvious a materials and design fault.
Not good enough for this day and age.

Johnidak

JohnidakMaroochydore

Disintegrating soles

Disintegrating soles of shoes and the same for the companies 'soul'. Profits over quality. Such greed. We are happy to pay for quality but no, we have to suck every penny from the product at the expense of safety and quality. After nearly falling into on coming traffic when my Ecco sole split in half and tripped me up, I have to urge you to review the compounds used to manufacture your soles, or change the suppliers of your soles. And while you are at it, take a look at your own souls too. It's a disgrace.

JFow

JFowAU

Quality has deteriorated

I have bought Ecco sandals for many years and they have always lasted at least 1.5 seasons. This year I bought sandals which I had to return as they were faulty (straps not the same length) and were falling apart. They were replaced without fuss. The replacement pair have worn through on the sole after only 3 months of wear. The soles cannot be repaired as they wrap around onto the shoe. Definitely the last pair of Ecco I will buy. Although expensive I found them good value in the past, but not any more.

rosie

rosieBondi junction

loved it but disappointed now

Sandals are great, but ballet shoes and the latest one 'ecco biom lite' hurt me badly..really disappointed. Maybe I have to try other brands now.

Rebecca

Rebeccaasked

Ecco Shoes

Best boots for the European Christmas markets? They must be comfortable, warm, waterproof and have a suitable tread. Will your recommendation be in-store in any of your locations around Sydney for me to try them on?

Ecco
Michele S.Ecco

Hi Rebecca,
Thank you for your inquiry!
Recommended styles that may suit your needs include the following:
ECCO BABETT BOOT (21557311001) This boot has a Goretex lining underneath the leather making the shoe waterproof and a warm lining for the colder climates.
ECCO BABETT BOOT MID-CUT BOOT (21561312001) This boot utilises water repellent Hydromax technology and a warm lining to keep your feet warm.
The Babett sole in the 2 above models offer comfort and has a tread suitable for wintry days.
ECCO AQUET ANKLE BOOT (20709301001) This boot has a waterproof Goretex lining underneath the leather and a textile lining. This offers more of a casual sneaker look.

The ECCO AQUET ANKLE BOOT and ECCO BABETT BOOT are available at our Tuggerah Westfield and DFO Homebush stores. The ECCO BABETT BOOT MID-CUT BOOT is available in our standard retail stores such as Sydney Westfield, Macquarie, Chatswood Chase and Miranda.

If you are interested in tying them on, I would recommend giving the store a call before you head in to confirm availability. Our store’s location and contact details can be found on our Store Locator page: https://au.ecco.com/store-locator
Happy shopping :)

Di W
Di W

Based on all the negative reviews I'm reading, I would say save your money & buy some decent quality genuinely EUROPEAN MADE, because this brand can no longer proudly say that, factories in China & other 3rd world countries, pfft. I was just about to spend a fortune on a pair, thank god for productreview.com.au!!!

Siew-Tuan S.

Siew-Tuan S.asked

Ecco Shoes

Do Ecco do trail runner shoes that accommodate bunions prefer a D width & soft leather.

Loretta M.

Loretta M.asked

Ecco Shoes

What are Ecco shoes/boots like?
I am travelling to Europe and will be doing a lot of walking.
Just wondering whether Ecco shoes/boots are well made and at the same time, comfortable??
Many thanks

Roy
Roy

I've worn the same pair of ecco shoes to Europe for the last four years. We do a lot of walking/hiking: over 10 million steps according to my garmin.I did have lifts installed on the heels and this year, I replaced the insoles. Aside from that, the leather uppers have held up remarkably well. With a little polish, they have maintained a like-new appearance. Mine were made in Portugal. Hopefully, ecco hasn't done like other companies and moved production to Asia.

Deven
Deven

Unfortunately these shoes never arrived due to the late processing of my order and Australia post not delivering the shoes. A very frustrating experience all round.

DRose
DRose

I bought a pr of Ecco Babett boots - lace ups made from oiled leather. Although described as wide fit, they aren't! The leather is stiff & unyielding and often my feet are sore after a few hours. Wouldn't advise buying these boots unless you've got a narrow foot.

Get an answer from our members and Ecco representatives

Compare both Ecco Shoes
CategoryOnline Shops and Footwear Shops & BrandsPhysical Shops and Footwear Shops & Brands
Offers Free Standard Shipping Yes
Free Standard Shipping Minimum Order Amount $175.00
Mens / Womens ClothingMens and WomensMens and Womens
Labels Sold Own LabelOwn Label
Buy Now, Pay Later OptionsNoneNone
Type of Footwear OfferedCasual & Dress Shoes and Exercise & Sport ShoesCasual & Dress Shoes and Exercise & Sport Shoes
Compare both Ecco Shoes