Ecosa Mattress

96 questions from our users

JP

JPasked

Mattress

Anyone actually had the mattress picked up by the salvos? I have a faulty (Confirmed by ecosa) and very smelly mattress from ecosa that they said will need to be donated to the salvos. I’m wondering how this process works as it seems like many people have had problems. Also the mattress and topper stink!! A strong burnt plastic smell that had stunk out my upstairs so I am trying to get it out ASAP and get a refund.

Milton K.

Milton K.asked

Mattress

Hi There. You say that it takes 2 - 4 weeks to get used to the mattress. I have slept on some mattresses that are perfect after 1 nights sleep (unfortunately in hotels in other countries) . If we are unhappy with the mattress after 4 weeks do we get a refund immediately or must we wait for 100 days before we can get a refund.? Thanks

karmaros
karmaros

From reviews I have read Ecosa encourages users to sleep on the bed for 14 nights before considering wanting to return it. It seems a lot of people have had problems with either getting Ecosa to take the mattress back or Salvos (who Ecosa donates the mattress to) refuse to take it as it has something as little as a couple of hairs on it. Having said that not everyone writes reviews and in my experience people will either write them if they are very displeased or very pleased.
I have not had to return a mattress but have found Ecosa helpful in my dealings with them.

Aaron
Aaron

I’ve emailed them before the 100 days and they try to push it to 100 days so they don’t have to refund you sadly :( they’ve done it to other people

Sandy
Sandy

Ecosa would not even lodge the request to collect and refund the mattress within 14 days. They said we need to wait 14 days to even make the request. Based on the service so far with the faulty mattresses we received I suspect that actually getting the refund is going to be extremely difficult. Collection by Salvos is also a long wait time and the mattress needs to be kept immaculate or they will not collect. Ecosa would not refund after a faulty mattress was received - they insisted on sending another mattress and then the trial process continues.

John

Johnasked

Mattress

Hello, is the silica flame retardant cover safe (given all the reports and media coverage lately of the dangers of silica)?

Hi John,

Our mattress utilizes a form of fire retardation that is chemical-free. Our flame retardant element is a woven silica sock that sits just under the cover. In a fire, the sock melts on itself and suffocates the oxygen needed to fuel the fire. We are CFR1633 certified which means that the materials, components, and methods of assembly used for our mattress are compliant to the Standard for the Flammability of Mattresses and Mattress Pads 16 CFR 1632 and the Standard for the Flammability (Open Flame) of Mattress.

Andy

Andyasked

Hi,
I'm in market to purchase a new king size mattress but your reviews aren't great specially when it comes to customer service.
How can i be rest assured that I'll get after sale service?

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

We can totally understand your hesitation. Ecosa is committed to providing resolution to our customers that will work for both parties involved. There are times that a resolution doesn't favor the customer and sadly, they are the reviews being left online in some cases. We encourage you to try Ecosa and experience it yourself. We have a Google rating of 4.9 out of 5. Our mattress is rated 4.4 out of 5 in productreview.com.au. Every customer's concern is an opportunity to learn and improve our service.

Rose C.asked

Mattress

Hi Ecosa, had my first night on my mattress last night, slept 7 hrs straight for the first time in a very long time! I am a side sleeper and woke up to sore shoulders, what can I do to rectify that?

Hi Rose,

We appreciate your recent purchase. The Ecosa mattress is built to be firm enough for great back support, also soft on your shoulders and hips. It allows the mattress to shape to your body and release pressure.

Your body will take 2-4 weeks to adjust and realign when switching to any new mattress. We suggest you use the mattress more and you may also flip the layers around if needed.

Thank you, will do.

Dollyasked

Mattress

How on earth do I zip up the cover after taking it off for washing?

Hi Dolly,

You can fit the outer cover back to the foams of the mattress and zip it all the way through.

Dolly

I can’t get the zip to attach is there a trick to it?

Ecosa R.Ecosa

You can run a candle or rub a pencil tip on the zipper teeth. If you're still having issues after, please email us at support@ecosa.com.au for further assistance.

Lizasked

Mattress

We received our Ecosa King size mattress today, and unpacked it according to instructions. However, despite the instructions indicating to allow a few minutes for the mattress to rise from the unpacking, it still has yet to come into shape after a few hours. We are reluctant to lie on it until it fully comes to shape. Has anyone else experienced this also? If so, what do you suggest we do?

snoozles
snoozles

I don't think this is normal so I would contact Ecosa asap. They seem like a pretty good retailer and from what I have read they value their name and reputation and I do not doubt that they will exchange the mattress and cover all freight costs. Good luck and I think you will enjoy your mattress eventually.

Liz

thanks Snoozles, so far it is almost 100% risen to shape. However, there is still a very slight buldge on one side of the mattress which has yet to take shape. Will wait for another day to check before finally using it.

Hi Liz,

Apologies for the delayed response.

The mattress will continue to settle with continued use. Please email us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order details should the mattress still has not changed.

Bee R

Bee Rasked

Mattress

Do I need to use a mattress protector on my ecosa mattress

Hi Bee R,

The Ecosa mattress comes with a waterproof inner cover and a removable outer cover which is machine washable but you can still use a mattress protector if you wish to. :)

Jodie D

Jodie Dasked

Mattress

Would your double bed mattress fit a frame with measurements 120xH x 150cmWx 204cmD?

Hi Jodie,

Our double size mattress measures 138cm X 188cm X 25cm (W-L-H).

I'm afraid that the measurements are a little off. :(

Nic Basked

Mattress

Is the 15 yr warranty still valid if you buy 2nd hand? I have the original owner's receipt (it's digital though)

Hey Nic,

Sorry, but the warranty is for the benefit of the original purchaser only and is not transferable at resale. You may visit our website https://www.ecosa.com.au/warranty for reference.

Liz C.

Liz C.asked

Mattress

Well it looks easy to put up but on my own at 66 it was close to heart attack material. So it's on the base. Pretty hard but instructions say it is set at medium. So do I leave it the way it is as do not want it harder. Do I need to unzip? Or just leave it zipped up? Have no more energy and now disappointed it's going to be too hard

Nola
Nola

That was my first impression as well...thinking it was too hard but after laying on it for few nights soon realised that it cushions your body and doesn't feel hard after all . This is referring to Medium and yes, leave it all zipped up

Hi Liz,

The mattress will soften over time with continued use. The longer you sleep on the mattress the more the gel memory foam will study and contour to your body shape and sleeping style. :)

Anja K.

Anja K.asked

Mattress

We have had a tempur matress for the past 11 hrs so it's now time to change. Does ecosa compare?

Hi Anja,

Thank you for your interest in Ecosa. Honestly, it is difficult to make a direct comparison as there are so many options in the Tempur range but previous customers have suggested that our mattress sits partway between the Tempur Original and Tempur Cloud but closer to the original.

Ecosa is built as a medium firm mattress. Ecosa also offers three levels of firmness which are adjustable at any time by simply flipping the layers, we also offer a waterproof inner cover and chemically free fireproof cover. Our mattress is built to be firm enough for great back support, also soft on your shoulder and hip. It allows the mattress to shape to your body and release pressure. :)

- Amy

Ella N.

Ella N.asked

Mattress

I bought ma mattress last week. I really like it, however the smell is so strong, felt like someone did wee on it. Its a week already and i could still smell it. What I should do?

Hi Ella,

Like with any new product, there may be a mild scent for a few days, but it should fade away quickly.

We recommend you take off the bedding during the day and leave your door and window open to air it out. You can also wash the mattress cover to get rid of the new mattress smell faster. :)

-Amy

Angela M.

Angela M.asked

Mattress

When are you going to make a sofa?

Hi Angela,

Thank you for your interest.

We don't have any plans of producing sofas yet but you can check our website from time to time for updates. :)

-Amy

meeso

meesoasked

King

Im not happy with your spruiking prior to receiving the mattress, not happy with the messing around to receive it (payed 26 Dec 2018, arrived 5th Feb) you blamed courier, i reckon you didnt have stock in country.

Next, if its set for medium, you must have had "Thing" from Fantastic Four as your product tester. Its horrid. We slept half a night on it and its ruined my already sore back. Ive got two slipped disks and never had a problem on our QS Tempur which is "firm". the Tempur is awesome, you sink into it nicely but it supports perfectly.

Worst of all, we missed the sale to get $1000 of a KS Tempur because we believed your spruiking, and because it took so long to arrive, we now cant get that price.

Im going to request it is refunded immediately.

do your reviews get created by bots, people who ran afoul with a medusa, or Wombats? Ive no idea what sort of reasonable person would leave 5 stars for an experience akin to sleeping on a concrete slab.

chez

chezasked

Mattress

My son who is over 100kgs is looking for a mattress that definitely does not make him hot,he wants one that is cooler.Can ecosa guarantee this mattress to not make him hot.

Yanting J

I don't like it, it's hot when you lie on.

penegeau

Its only hot if the matress protector it comes in is still on it. Take that off and you'll be good :D If your son is obese then yes this is a great bed for him. He needs a hard bed to support his weight. I am a ladies size 12 and usually sleep on a medium bed and its rock hard to me. Ive had mine for over 6m now and its never softened past being rock hard

Kim

Kimasked

Mattress

Has anyone had a problem with getting reimbursed after your mattress did not work out...they say they have the Salvation Army to pick it up from you, but now I read that you must find a charitable org to pick it up and get the receipt before you can be reimbursed...problem is, no organizations want to take mattresses, so now I may not be able to be reimbursed. Anyone have that problem....I'm in the Phila area, and can't find a one who will accept a mattress so I can get my money back. It will be 2 weeks old only, but I had back surgery and it just is not working....

Yanting J

I requested a pick up and refund on 15th Jan 2019, they said they organised one that salvos will call in 10 business days. I have been patiently waiting!nothing happening! on the 13th business day i contacted the customer service, they first advise me to look for a charity organisation myself! then they advise me to waiting for another week! otherwise they will look for another charity organisation to pick it up!
their delivery is very quickly, but pick up is a pain!

Me Tom
Me Tom

I can't believe Ecossa rely on charitable organisations to do their pick up work.

They could actually be doing work to help out the needy and not people who have regrettable expensive purchaes.

Extremely unethical.

Simo

Simoasked

Mattress

Can I put an ecosa mattress on a standard king ensemble base (which is actually 2 bases)?

Ecosa R.Ecosa

Hi Simo, thank you for contacting Ecosa. The Ecosa mattress can be placed on an ensemble base. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Anna

Annaasked

Mattress

How much does the Ecosa king size mattress weigh and how much does a long single weigh?
Anna

Ecosa R.Ecosa

Hey Anna! Our King size weighs 40kg and our Long Single is 25kg :)

Yash N

Yash Nasked

Hi Ecosa Team,

Can you please advise if the ecosa beds have no turn technology. What I mean is if 2 people are sleeping on the bed and one moves would the other person will the move on the bed. Please do let me know.

best regards,

Yash.

Hey Yash,

Our foams are designed to offer zero partner disturbance so you will sleep through all sorts bustle :)

i can 2nd this, you really can't feel anything bar the top sheet moving :D

Get an answer from our members and Ecosa representatives