Ecosa Mattress

Ecosa Mattress Questions & Answers

Queen, King, Double, etc...

108 questions from our users

footprints_au
footprints_auasked
Mattress

Any advice on how to stop the mattress sliding on (non-exist) slat bed base?

luciano
lucianoasked
Mattress

Hello, we would like to try out your mattresses (king size with a toppper med-firm) and wondering if there are stores near by ? western suburb in hoppers crossing ?
Luciano..... my email >>> lucianodim1960@gmail.com

Hi Luciano,

We don't currently have a showroom, as we feel the best place to try out our mattress is in the comfort of your home. This is why we have the 100-night trial in place :)

Hope that helped!

Peteasked
Queen

Hi. I weigh 85kgs and have lower back pain. What is your recommendation for ‘firmness’ setting?
Cheers

Hi Pete,

The mattresses come in the medium setting, however, we would actually recommend letting your body decide on what's best for you. You can unzip the cover and swap between the firmnesses of the mattress.
In any case, you will have 100 nights to try out the mattress. If it's not for you just contact us and we will help you with the return process.

Pete

Fingers crossed I love it. Will obviously try every ‘setting’ before making any judgments. Looking forward to night one tonight!

EcosaEcosa

Thanks for giving us a go Pete :)

Tom S.
Tom S.asked
Mattress

Do I need a mattress protector for my ecosa mattress?

Hi Tom,

The mattress comes with a removal cover already with it, so besides the bedsheets, you might not need a separate mattress protector :)

Ruiqi W.
Ruiqi W.asked
Mattress

Can I put the mattress on a bed frame with curved slats?

Hi Ruiqi,

Yes of course, the mattress can be put on a curved slat bed frame :)

Becasked
Mattress

Hello. We purchased a mattress topper about a year ago now and we find it is hot to sleep with and and we suffer from discomfort using it. Do we have any options as we can no longer use it?

Hi Bec,

The cool effects of the topper work best with the right mattress; one that can allow airflow through.

You could look into the mattress and you could also look into the sheets that you are using. For example, bamboo sheets are typically cooler and more breathable than cotton sheets (dependent of course on the type).

Try out these suggestions and see if that helps :)

Bec

We use bamboo sheets and I have E a physio mattress

Polly
Pollyasked
Mattress

I have a Bamboo matress protector do I need it as find it’s hot..?

Hi Polly,

As answered in the previous question, our mattresses already come with a removable mattress cover that you are able to take off, machine wash, and keep clean.

We hope that answers your question.

Polly
Pollyasked
Mattress

Do I need a Matress cover with the mattress..? I bought a quilted bamboo matress cover.

Hi Polly,

Our mattresses come with a removable mattress cover that you are able to take off, machine wash, and keep clean.

So, to answer your question, you might not need a mattress cover since it already comes with one!

We hope that answers your question.

Paula M.
Paula M.

I don't use a matress cover only a sheet. I use to use one with my old mattress but i have found i don't need one.

Jamesasked
Mattress

I am currently trying to return my mattress but am struggling to get so much as a response from the company. Is there someone who can help with this?

Hi James,

Please email eden@ecosa.com.au and we will get the return process started. Apologies for any delays experienced.

All returns of mattress returns are honored without question (provided the mattress isn't damaged).

Ryan R.
Ryan R.

Hey James, How did you get on. I have started this returns process and keep getting the run around on why they cant get my mattress collected and issue me a refund. I have even transported it 450kms closer to a collection point for them and still getting nowhere. Did you end up getting your refund.

At the moment am extremely frustrated and just keep getting all sorts of excuses and they are making me try and organise to have it returned somewhere.

Not happy at all, so keen to see how you got on.

James

ended up getting my refund mate, but took a lot of following up and annoyance on my behalf to achieve

Michelle
Michelleasked
Mattress

I bought a king size mattress from you a few year ago and loved it. Very nice and firm for our backs. This time we ordered another Queen size one for another property and just touching it felt it is not the same quality as this one is very soft.
I understand that the mattresses were manufactured here in WA previously?? Is this now manufactured overseas and is this why the quality is not the same?

Hi Michelle,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our mattresses.

Our mattresses are manufactured overseas, this has always been the case. The Queen mattress is likely to soften over time, as that is the nature of a memory foam mattress.

However, if you run into any issues please feel free to contact us at support@ecosa.com.au.

Sarah S.
Sarah S.

I currently have the same issue. Ordered a king a few months ago and loved it, went to order a queen and it’s no where near the same! King is on the softest setting Queen is on the firmest and the king is still extremely more firm (which we prefer). Wondering if you ever got a solution or just dealt with it?

Faith H.
Faith H.asked
Mattress

Received the mattress however on reading these reviews I am rethinking opening the box. Can I just return it please.

Matt
Matt

They give you a 100 night free trial, and if you don’t like it you can send it back within that time frame. Can always give it a go and see if you like it or not. For me it was a no, way to firm.

Hi Faith,

Matt is correct in the trial process. You can try it, and if it does not meet your preferences you are able to return it at no cost and for a full refund.

We do recommend that you give the mattress a try, however, if you are against it, simply email our great customer service team and they will be able to arrange a collection of your un-opened mattress.

Ecosa.

Chan
Chanasked
Mattress

I just received my ecosa queen mattress, and it's been an hour but it's looks lopsided and hasn't inflated fully.
It also is off the ground at the edges, is that how it's supposed to be ?
We also used the cutter and we're super gentle.... Can you pls advise what's wrong and what can we do ?
Thanks, Chandni

Ecosa JEcosa

Hi, Chadni. Thank you for purchasing and Ecosa queen sized mattress. Our mattress normally takes a couple of hours to inflate but we suggest our customer to leave it for 10 hours to do its thing. If this issue has not been resolved yet, please send our customer support team an email at support@ecosa.com.au so we could further assist you with this. - Ecosa Group

JP
JPasked
Mattress

Anyone actually had the mattress picked up by the salvos? I have a faulty (Confirmed by ecosa) and very smelly mattress from ecosa that they said will need to be donated to the salvos. I’m wondering how this process works as it seems like many people have had problems. Also the mattress and topper stink!! A strong burnt plastic smell that had stunk out my upstairs so I am trying to get it out ASAP and get a refund.

Hi JP,

Apologies for the delayed response. We donate returned mattresses to charity to help people in need. Can you please provide your order number so we can follow-up the collection?

Milton K.
Milton K.asked
Mattress

Hi There. You say that it takes 2 - 4 weeks to get used to the mattress. I have slept on some mattresses that are perfect after 1 nights sleep (unfortunately in hotels in other countries) . If we are unhappy with the mattress after 4 weeks do we get a refund immediately or must we wait for 100 days before we can get a refund.? Thanks

karmaros
karmaros

From reviews I have read Ecosa encourages users to sleep on the bed for 14 nights before considering wanting to return it. It seems a lot of people have had problems with either getting Ecosa to take the mattress back or Salvos (who Ecosa donates the mattress to) refuse to take it as it has something as little as a couple of hairs on it. Having said that not everyone writes reviews and in my experience people will either write them if they are very displeased or very pleased.
I have not had to return a mattress but have found Ecosa helpful in my dealings with them.

Aaron
Aaron

I’ve emailed them before the 100 days and they try to push it to 100 days so they don’t have to refund you sadly :( they’ve done it to other people

Sandy
Sandy

Ecosa would not even lodge the request to collect and refund the mattress within 14 days. They said we need to wait 14 days to even make the request. Based on the service so far with the faulty mattresses we received I suspect that actually getting the refund is going to be extremely difficult. Collection by Salvos is also a long wait time and the mattress needs to be kept immaculate or they will not collect. Ecosa would not refund after a faulty mattress was received - they insisted on sending another mattress and then the trial process continues.

John
Johnasked
Mattress

Hello, is the silica flame retardant cover safe (given all the reports and media coverage lately of the dangers of silica)?

Hi John,

Our mattress utilizes a form of fire retardation that is chemical-free. Our flame retardant element is a woven silica sock that sits just under the cover. In a fire, the sock melts on itself and suffocates the oxygen needed to fuel the fire. We are CFR1633 certified which means that the materials, components, and methods of assembly used for our mattress are compliant to the Standard for the Flammability of Mattresses and Mattress Pads 16 CFR 1632 and the Standard for the Flammability (Open Flame) of Mattress.

Andyasked

Hi,
I'm in market to purchase a new king size mattress but your reviews aren't great specially when it comes to customer service.
How can i be rest assured that I'll get after sale service?

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

We can totally understand your hesitation. Ecosa is committed to providing resolution to our customers that will work for both parties involved. There are times that a resolution doesn't favor the customer and sadly, they are the reviews being left online in some cases. We encourage you to try Ecosa and experience it yourself. We have a Google rating of 4.9 out of 5. Our mattress is rated 4.4 out of 5 in productreview.com.au. Every customer's concern is an opportunity to learn and improve our service.

Andy

I purchased a king-size mattress from ecosa and I still regret it.
Their marketing of 120 days trial period is a scam and all negative reviews below support that.
After-sale service is none existent and they do not care less if you leave your feedback.
I had the same experience as everyone else, organised a collection of mattress and the Salvation Army refused to take it.
I took a day off for this and called ecosa support team, was on phone for over half an hour. I tried to explain my situation but no help.
They just follow the script.
Do not fall for their marketing gimmicks.
I am lodging a claim with VCAT and if a refund is not done in 2 working days, I'll raise it with my bank as a dispute.

Hi Ecosa team,
I can see how your 4.9 stars rated slipped to 4.3.
The number of negative reviews suggests some very urgent changes otherwise I'm not sure how long you'll continue like this.
My experience was really BAD.
Still waiting for a resolution and my money back
get your act together ECOSA

Rose C.asked
Mattress

Hi Ecosa, had my first night on my mattress last night, slept 7 hrs straight for the first time in a very long time! I am a side sleeper and woke up to sore shoulders, what can I do to rectify that?

Hi Rose,

We appreciate your recent purchase. The Ecosa mattress is built to be firm enough for great back support, also soft on your shoulders and hips. It allows the mattress to shape to your body and release pressure.

Your body will take 2-4 weeks to adjust and realign when switching to any new mattress. We suggest you use the mattress more and you may also flip the layers around if needed.

Thank you, will do.

Dollyasked
Mattress

How on earth do I zip up the cover after taking it off for washing?

Hi Dolly,

You can fit the outer cover back to the foams of the mattress and zip it all the way through.

Dolly

I can’t get the zip to attach is there a trick to it?

Ecosa JEcosa

You can run a candle or rub a pencil tip on the zipper teeth. If you're still having issues after, please email us at support@ecosa.com.au for further assistance.

Lizasked
Mattress

We received our Ecosa King size mattress today, and unpacked it according to instructions. However, despite the instructions indicating to allow a few minutes for the mattress to rise from the unpacking, it still has yet to come into shape after a few hours. We are reluctant to lie on it until it fully comes to shape. Has anyone else experienced this also? If so, what do you suggest we do?

snoozles
snoozles

I don't think this is normal so I would contact Ecosa asap. They seem like a pretty good retailer and from what I have read they value their name and reputation and I do not doubt that they will exchange the mattress and cover all freight costs. Good luck and I think you will enjoy your mattress eventually.

Liz

thanks Snoozles, so far it is almost 100% risen to shape. However, there is still a very slight buldge on one side of the mattress which has yet to take shape. Will wait for another day to check before finally using it.

Hi Liz,

Apologies for the delayed response.

The mattress will continue to settle with continued use. Please email us at support@ecosa.com.au with your order details should the mattress still has not changed.

Bee R
Bee Rasked
Mattress

Do I need to use a mattress protector on my ecosa mattress

Hi Bee R,

The Ecosa mattress comes with a waterproof inner cover and a removable outer cover which is machine washable but you can still use a mattress protector if you wish to. :)

Get an answer from our members and Ecosa representatives

Ecosa Mattress