Ecostar Double Glazing Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Ecostar Double Glazing

7 questions from our users

Phillip
Phillipasked

What is the BAL rating of your double glaze windows?

Gunny
Gunny

Hi Philip , As we live in the middle of a suburb that has never seen a bush fire , l considered the BAL as not applicable, You could contact Ecostar directly to acertain your individual requirements.

Hi Phillip
We are fully tested and compliant to BAL 40. We also comply to BAL FZ as long as external BAL FZ steel shutters are fitted.
Any more info, please call 1300 ECOSTAR
The Ecostar Team

Peter
Peterasked

I am only interested in noise reduction as I live on a busy road. Could you provide the RW rating of your various products?

Thanks.

Mike CEcostar Double Glazing

Sorry Peter, we missed this question. Our standard double glazed glass unit will eliminate 80% of external noise. If acoustic glass is used in the unit, them almost 100%.
The Ecostar Team

Bernard
Bernardasked

How much does a standard room window cost?

John Reynolds
John Reynolds

Ni Idea Bernard. I didn't buy the windows.

Hi Bernard
There are no standard room windows. All Ecostar double glazed windows are individually made to measure for maximum thermal efficiency and noise reduction. The price for the window depends on your choice of design, opening option, double glazed unit spec, colour and much more. That is why we offer free quotations in the comfort of your own home. When you have made your choices, we will leave you with an itemised quotation there and then. To arrange a free quote, call 1300 ECOSTAR.

Jennimac
Jennimac

2 windows 2.4m wide each - $17,000 - after sales discounts ringing boss etc $8,900

Julian S
Julian Sasked

Having just returned from a holiday in the UK. I'm very envious of the double glazed windows and doors. Although your based in Melbourne I live in NSW. Are these windows and doors available to people in NSW?

Mitch H.Ecostar Double Glazing

Dear Julian,
We would certainly be able to help direct you.

Please give me a call on 1300 963 231 and I can discuss further.
Kind regards,
Abi

Christineasked

Hi Team
I'm just following up on the query regarding the width of the (inside) sills. Ian said he'd have to submit a report. Any replies as yet please?
I need to contact Kresta very soon re the plantation shutters.
Await your reply, many thanks

Hi Christine
Sorry for the delay in replying to you.
i am away on holiday until Monday and will get back to you then.

Mike

Huey
Hueyasked

How does ecostar stop the summer heat? Direct radiant heat will still come through the glass??
I can understand working well in winter but cannot understand how clear glass can stop direct sun heat?

Hi Huey
Happy to answer your question.
The Ecostar 28mm Double Glazed Sealed Glass Unit comprises two panes of glass. One of them is the Pilkington Optitherm S4 Plus, which is a low-emissivity soft coat glass with a high solar heat gain co-efficient; this means that over 50% of the sun's irradiation is reflected away from the glass from the outside, making your home much cooler on hot summer days.
Hope this helps you.

Christineasked

Hi Team
My query regards the window sills. Could you please advise what the measurement should be on the outside and inside? I have had four windows installed and the sills vary. This discrepancy is noticeable (on one window) as I now wish to install plantation shutters.
Your feedback would be appreciated.

Mitch H.Ecostar Double Glazing

Hi Christine,
Could you please give us a call on 1300 963 231 and please ask for Emily.
We will need to have a look into this for you.

Kind regards,