Ecostar Double Glazing

See the Best Home Renovators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ecostar Double Glazing

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Return Claim MadeYes · No (110)

Don’t want to know about problems

Great product until something goes wrong. Back doors jammed locked and they couldn’t send anyone out for three weeks. Had to engage emergency locksmith. Now for the third time in two years we have to engage an emergency locksmith. Not good enough after spending $34,000+.

Rates and Fees
Store LocationNo store visit. Home visit.
Milan K.
Milan K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Windows are the Soul of the Home

All of us in the house are now happy that we have chosen professional company which respected their warranty obligations!

House is noticeably warmer in winter and much more cooler in the extra hot 40+ degrees days.

No wind goes any more through the house and noice reduction is exceptional!

Store LocationMelbourne based Ecostar Doubleglazing

Sarah R.
Sarah R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I couldn’t get past the hard sales tactics. Horrible!!!

After 2.5 hours of an aggressive sales pitch, I was made to sign a “I do not want the discount “ when I firmly said I would not be signing today. I can see that some people would be pressured to sign without doing their research. There ARE comparable products and better priced. Abysmal outdated sales practices. Off putting to say the least.

Store LocationMelbourne
Colby
ColbyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How many family emergency cancellations can be legit for a company of this size?

Been trying to arrange a quote for over 4 weeks. 2 hour appointment slots need to be made with all household members. Big time commitment which we have made twice now, only to get a call 30 minutes before our scheduled appointment to cancel due to family emergency. Twice. The second time we were quite annoyed and they said”its hard to arrange people for quotes” ummm that’s your job?
Waste of time!

No Other S.
No Other S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is a scam, stay away !!!!

Called the 1300 number on the website and the girl on the other side was mentioning double glassing over and over as if they are the only company providing double glassing these days. Fast-forward 5 min after asking my requirements for the quote they needed 2 hours for someone to come and do the quote and want the whole family to be available to give me a quote for a single bi-folding door. When ask why they need both me and my partner available for this she was like we want both of you to make the decision. When i mentioned that we both want the same colours as other windows and doors and a bi-folding door for the space she said they can't do it and hung up on me. Don't fall for this tactics of trying to force sell.

Store LocationOnline
Mark and Jun
Mark and JunGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent product for thermal efficency

Al!
Al!Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hard Sell reeks of scam.

I have not been that uncomfortable in a long time. The quote went on & on with promises galore IF I signed a contract on the spot. Who the hell does that?? 2.5 hours to see the back of the person who came into my home & took me for somebody who could be persuaded to jump into a contract. This is no way to do business & put me right off. NO SALE!! NO STARS.

J.M
J.MCoburg, VIC

Joke of a company

Liz
LizGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good all round service and product

Jan A
Jan AGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very pleased with my new patio window

Mmminx
Mmminx

Stay away- this is a scam

The sales person does a sales pitch for 2 hours and will not leave your house without theatrics (I need to call my manager etc!)- the door and window samples are awful and the prices are easily 40% above market price.

Miranda Melton South VIC
Miranda Melton South VICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive, variable installation quality and repeated call backs for repair

Store LocationEco Star Double Glazing, Dandenong South Vic

Simon H.
Simon H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great but expensive product with archaic sales process and very poor customer service

Cass
CassVictoria

Strange and uncomfortable quote experience

Very bizarre experience when the Ecostar salesperson came to my home for a measure and quote. I genuinely went into the appointment interested in their product but after I told the salesperson I was happy to forgo the ‘single visit discount’ and would not be signing up on the spot, they became very pushy, refused to take no for an answer, and I had to lock myself in my study while he performed all sorts of calling ‘his boss’ theatrics until eventually he got the message and left. I have never felt so uncomfortable in my own home and however good their product is, their bizarre hard-sell tactics mean I certainly not buy from them

Rob
RobGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

WOW!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???

Store LocationMelbourne

Phillip
Phillipasked

What is the BAL rating of your double glaze windows?

Gunny
Gunny

Hi Philip , As we live in the middle of a suburb that has never seen a bush fire , l considered the BAL as not applicable, You could contact Ecostar directly to acertain your individual requirements.

Hi Phillip
We are fully tested and compliant to BAL 40. We also comply to BAL FZ as long as external BAL FZ steel shutters are fitted.
Any more info, please call 1300 ECOSTAR
Kind regards
The Ecostar Team

Peter
Peterasked

I am only interested in noise reduction as I live on a busy road. Could you provide the RW rating of your various products?

Thanks.

Mike CEcostar Double Glazing

Sorry Peter, we missed this question. Our standard double glazed glass unit will eliminate 80% of external noise. If acoustic glass is used in the unit, them almost 100%.
Kind regards
The Ecostar Team

Bernard
Bernardasked

How much does a standard room window cost?

John Reynolds
John Reynolds

Ni Idea Bernard. I didn't buy the windows.

Hi Bernard
There are no standard room windows. All Ecostar double glazed windows are individually made to measure for maximum thermal efficiency and noise reduction. The price for the window depends on your choice of design, opening option, double glazed unit spec, colour and much more. That is why we offer free quotations in the comfort of your own home. When you have made your choices, we will leave you with an itemised quotation there and then. To arrange a free quote, call 1300 ECOSTAR.

Jennimac
Jennimac

2 windows 2.4m wide each - $17,000 - after sales discounts ringing boss etc $8,900

See all Ecostar Double Glazing questions