Ecostar Double Glazing

See the Best Home Renovators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ecostar Double Glazing

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Grumpycat
Grumpycat

Not happy!

We signed a contract for double glazed windows in Oct 2021 for early Feb 2022 installation, Feb came and went no contact from ecostar. We called asked for an update, we were told shipping delays meant they couldn’t deliver until early April. In mid April we called again, same story delayed until May. It’s May now still no windows or comms from ecostar, they happily took our money ( circa 10k) back in Oct but can’t be bothered to update clients. Not happy.

Olivia O.
Olivia O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Illegal Practice!

Mark A.
Mark A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hard sales pitch

I had an appointment to measure for a front entrance. When they arrived they informed me it was going to take 2 hours. I explained I didn't want a huge sales pitch, so the Rep rang his boss and explained that I just wanted a quote. His boss said see how you go. The Rep then tried again to go through his sales pitch. So then then asked him to leave, he then rang his office and the person on the other end tried the pitch with me and I explained that I just wanted a quote and if they can't do this for me they could leave, they then said fine and left.

Andy
AndyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

windows not manufactured

I placed the purchase order in June 21 - waited for 8 months for the windows to arrive.

I found out that the windows were never manufactured and in the meantime Zip kept withdrawing the instalments.

I had to make many calls to Zip to arrange the refund. And now I'm trying to get my deposit back from Ecostar.

I'm genuinely questioning what I have done wrong to deserve this!

PLAKE
PLAKEGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING ECO STAR

Don’t want to know about problems

Great product until something goes wrong. Back doors jammed locked and they couldn’t send anyone out for three weeks. Had to engage emergency locksmith. Now for the third time in two years we have to engage an emergency locksmith. Not good enough after spending $34,000+.

Shell
Shell

High quality product - with a high price & high pressure sales tactics (& no flyscreens)!

Sarah R.
Sarah R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I couldn’t get past the hard sales tactics. Horrible!!!

After 2.5 hours of an aggressive sales pitch, I was made to sign a “I do not want the discount “ when I firmly said I would not be signing today. I can see that some people would be pressured to sign without doing their research. There ARE comparable products and better priced. Abysmal outdated sales practices. Off putting to say the least.

Colby
ColbyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How many family emergency cancellations can be legit for a company of this size?

Been trying to arrange a quote for over 4 weeks. 2 hour appointment slots need to be made with all household members. Big time commitment which we have made twice now, only to get a call 30 minutes before our scheduled appointment to cancel due to family emergency. Twice. The second time we were quite annoyed and they said”its hard to arrange people for quotes” ummm that’s your job?
Waste of time!

No Other S.
No Other S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is a scam, stay away !!!!

Called the 1300 number on the website and the girl on the other side was mentioning double glassing over and over as if they are the only company providing double glassing these days. Fast-forward 5 min after asking my requirements for the quote they needed 2 hours for someone to come and do the quote and want the whole family to be available to give me a quote for a single bi-folding door. When ask why they need both me and my partner available for this she was like we want both of you to make the decision. When i mentioned that we both want the same colours as other windows and doors and a bi-folding door for the space she said they can't do it and hung up on me. Don't fall for this tactics of trying to force sell.

Al!
Al!Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hard Sell reeks of scam.

I have not been that uncomfortable in a long time. The quote went on & on with promises galore IF I signed a contract on the spot. Who the hell does that?? 2.5 hours to see the back of the person who came into my home & took me for somebody who could be persuaded to jump into a contract. This is no way to do business & put me right off. NO SALE!! NO STARS.

J.M
J.MCoburg, VIC

Joke of a company

Mmminx
Mmminx

Stay away- this is a scam

The sales person does a sales pitch for 2 hours and will not leave your house without theatrics (I need to call my manager etc!)- the door and window samples are awful and the prices are easily 40% above market price.

Two hours of quote process

Two hours presentation and induction on their company history, product, and safety.
Must have my partner with me. Product is from UK so it takes 20 weeks to be installed. All for a bifold door... a little over the top.
I am sure it will also be more expensive than others out there. I wouldn’t know as I stopped the ‘induction’ half way.

I am also sure they say I’m not the right customer because I refused the presentation. I feel sorry for the salesperson.. what a hard way to make a sale.

Does anyone else notice a pattern of ‘glowing reviews’ after each bad ones such as mine?

Cass
CassVictoria

Strange and uncomfortable quote experience

Very bizarre experience when the Ecostar salesperson came to my home for a measure and quote. I genuinely went into the appointment interested in their product but after I told the salesperson I was happy to forgo the ‘single visit discount’ and would not be signing up on the spot, they became very pushy, refused to take no for an answer, and I had to lock myself in my study while he performed all sorts of calling ‘his boss’ theatrics until eventually he got the message and left. I have never felt so uncomfortable in my own home and however good their product is, their bizarre hard-sell tactics mean I certainly not buy from them