Ecostar Double Glazing

See the Best Home Renovators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ecostar Double Glazing

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Grumpycat
Grumpycat

Not happy!

We signed a contract for double glazed windows in Oct 2021 for early Feb 2022 installation, Feb came and went no contact from ecostar. We called asked for an update, we were told shipping delays meant they couldn’t deliver until early April. In mid April we called again, same story delayed until May. It’s May now still no windows or comms from ecostar, they happily took our money ( circa 10k) back in Oct but can’t be bothered to update clients. Not happy.

Olivia O.
Olivia O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Illegal Practice!

Mark A.
Mark A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hard sales pitch

I had an appointment to measure for a front entrance. When they arrived they informed me it was going to take 2 hours. I explained I didn't want a huge sales pitch, so the Rep rang his boss and explained that I just wanted a quote. His boss said see how you go. The Rep then tried again to go through his sales pitch. So then then asked him to leave, he then rang his office and the person on the other end tried the pitch with me and I explained that I just wanted a quote and if they can't do this for me they could leave, they then said fine and left.

Andy
AndyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

windows not manufactured

I placed the purchase order in June 21 - waited for 8 months for the windows to arrive.

I found out that the windows were never manufactured and in the meantime Zip kept withdrawing the instalments.

I had to make many calls to Zip to arrange the refund. And now I'm trying to get my deposit back from Ecostar.

I'm genuinely questioning what I have done wrong to deserve this!

Steve
SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Simple and Easy to work with

We ordered 4 windows at the front of our house [main room, son's room] from Jared in March 2018. You can tell a difference having been in the room and then when you walk out it feels different. Walking out of the room where we have the window and then out into the rest of the house you can feel the difference. We had at least two installers and they did it in one day. We found out about Ecostar after hearing about it on the radio [SEN]. Dealings with the office have been all good. No dramas. In my eyes, for four windows it was very very pricey, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for. Today we are looking at the two bedrooms.

Lucy
LucyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Honest, prompt and on time. No bulldust

The process with Ecostar was very easy, quick, efficient and clean. I think the price was really good. I love the way it locks. We got a phone call from Ecostar back in 2014 and we started with one window in the main room. Noise wise it has cut down 30-40% of the noise. It is certainly better. Previously we would wake up with the noise from the Eastern Freeway, now it doesn't happen. Our main room is west facing and thermally it is now better. We had two installers. They took the old window away and put the new one in, clean up. We painted the outside. Today we are looking at two doors and and a window from Jared. Anytime I've dealt with Ecostar they've been totally honest, no bull.... prompt. On time.

Gordon and Kim
Gordon and KimSouthwest, VIC

Feel more secure with the Ecostar product

We wanted to improve security. We ordered a new front door from Jared in March 2019. We saw Ecostar at the Melbourne Caravan Show.

We ordered another sliding door which was installed in 2021. The installers were great. Cleaned up after themselves. We've had a few issues and they've come out each time and fixed them. For security, we are very very happy. Very happy with the product itself. The locking system is excellent.

More security.

Today we are looking at two or three more windows.

Very good product

Sales process excruciating. Product excellent. Installation excellent. Offset the angst. We ordered 6 windows from Jared in June 2020. We replaced our windows due to the heat from the northerly sun. It has been pretty good for thermal control. Noise reduction a bonus I hadn't expected to be so good. The installers were exceptional. Here for 1.5 days. Two installers. Extremely good. Tidied up. Cleaned up. Today we are looking at another 11 windows upstairs. Want to make a better thermal balance and to not have to paint.

PLAKE
PLAKEGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING ECO STAR

Find out how Ecostar Double Glazing compares to other Home Renovators

Don’t want to know about problems

Great product until something goes wrong. Back doors jammed locked and they couldn’t send anyone out for three weeks. Had to engage emergency locksmith. Now for the third time in two years we have to engage an emergency locksmith. Not good enough after spending $34,000+.

Sarah R.
Sarah R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I couldn’t get past the hard sales tactics. Horrible!!!

After 2.5 hours of an aggressive sales pitch, I was made to sign a “I do not want the discount “ when I firmly said I would not be signing today. I can see that some people would be pressured to sign without doing their research. There ARE comparable products and better priced. Abysmal outdated sales practices. Off putting to say the least.

Meeta J.
Meeta J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worth the effort. Good service.

We ordered 10 or 12 windows from Jared back in mid to late 2019. Around that time. We wanted to cut down on noise and improve insulation and also to be able to easily open them. The other windows were getting old. We heard Ecostar on the radio. We like the noise reduction, it is a vast improvement. We live on a busy corner with lots of cars and trucks going past. It really reduces the noises. Its a great change. The thermally performance has improved. The
ease of use is good. Easy to open. Look good. We find them solid. There were 4 installers who were here for a couple of days.

Colby
ColbyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How many family emergency cancellations can be legit for a company of this size?

Been trying to arrange a quote for over 4 weeks. 2 hour appointment slots need to be made with all household members. Big time commitment which we have made twice now, only to get a call 30 minutes before our scheduled appointment to cancel due to family emergency. Twice. The second time we were quite annoyed and they said”its hard to arrange people for quotes” ummm that’s your job?
Waste of time!

No Other S.
No Other S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is a scam, stay away !!!!

Called the 1300 number on the website and the girl on the other side was mentioning double glassing over and over as if they are the only company providing double glassing these days. Fast-forward 5 min after asking my requirements for the quote they needed 2 hours for someone to come and do the quote and want the whole family to be available to give me a quote for a single bi-folding door. When ask why they need both me and my partner available for this she was like we want both of you to make the decision. When i mentioned that we both want the same colours as other windows and doors and a bi-folding door for the space she said they can't do it and hung up on me. Don't fall for this tactics of trying to force sell.

Al!
Al!Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hard Sell reeks of scam.

I have not been that uncomfortable in a long time. The quote went on & on with promises galore IF I signed a contract on the spot. Who the hell does that?? 2.5 hours to see the back of the person who came into my home & took me for somebody who could be persuaded to jump into a contract. This is no way to do business & put me right off. NO SALE!! NO STARS.