Ecostar Double Glazing

See the Best Home Renovators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ecostar Double Glazing

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Grumpycat
Grumpycat

Not happy!

We signed a contract for double glazed windows in Oct 2021 for early Feb 2022 installation, Feb came and went no contact from ecostar. We called asked for an update, we were told shipping delays meant they couldn’t deliver until early April. In mid April we called again, same story delayed until May. It’s May now still no windows or comms from ecostar, they happily took our money ( circa 10k) back in Oct but can’t be bothered to update clients. Not happy.

Insa and Ian C
Insa and Ian CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy to have done it and pleased with the outcome

Matteo and Jess
Matteo and JessGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good product if you're prepared to wait for it

Olivia O.
Olivia O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Illegal Practice!

Mark A.
Mark A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hard sales pitch

I had an appointment to measure for a front entrance. When they arrived they informed me it was going to take 2 hours. I explained I didn't want a huge sales pitch, so the Rep rang his boss and explained that I just wanted a quote. His boss said see how you go. The Rep then tried again to go through his sales pitch. So then then asked him to leave, he then rang his office and the person on the other end tried the pitch with me and I explained that I just wanted a quote and if they can't do this for me they could leave, they then said fine and left.

Andy
AndyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

windows not manufactured

I placed the purchase order in June 21 - waited for 8 months for the windows to arrive.

I found out that the windows were never manufactured and in the meantime Zip kept withdrawing the instalments.

I had to make many calls to Zip to arrange the refund. And now I'm trying to get my deposit back from Ecostar.

I'm genuinely questioning what I have done wrong to deserve this!

Steve
SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Simple and Easy to work with

We ordered 4 windows at the front of our house [main room, son's room] from Jared in March 2018. You can tell a difference having been in the room and then when you walk out it feels different. Walking out of the room where we have the window and then out into the rest of the house you can feel the difference. We had at least two installers and they did it in one day. We found out about Ecostar after hearing about it on the radio [SEN]. Dealings with the office have been all good. No dramas. In my eyes, for four windows it was very very pricey, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for. Today we are looking at the two bedrooms.

Remco
RemcoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No nonsense and punctual. Everything arrived when they said it would.

Our experience with Ecostar has been straightforward. We saw them at a pop up store in Chirnside Park in 2015 or 2016. We organized a quote and ordered 5 items. 3 windows, a front door and a large sliding door. There were 2 or 3 installers. It was a 2 day installation. The biggest difference has been the thermal improvement. You can tell the difference between where we've done it and where we haven't. Still looks good after 5 or 6 years. Today we are looking at doing the remaining windows from Jared. Our front door design is unique and looks great. Bloody expensive. Wouldn't say they are cheap. It's a bit of an investment.

Lucy
LucyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Honest, prompt and on time. No bulldust

The process with Ecostar was very easy, quick, efficient and clean. I think the price was really good. I love the way it locks. We got a phone call from Ecostar back in 2014 and we started with one window in the main room. Noise wise it has cut down 30-40% of the noise. It is certainly better. Previously we would wake up with the noise from the Eastern Freeway, now it doesn't happen. Our main room is west facing and thermally it is now better. We had two installers. They took the old window away and put the new one in, clean up. We painted the outside. Today we are looking at two doors and and a window from Jared. Anytime I've dealt with Ecostar they've been totally honest, no bull.... prompt. On time.

Gordon and Kim
Gordon and KimSouthwest, VIC

Feel more secure with the Ecostar product

We wanted to improve security. We ordered a new front door from Jared in March 2019. We saw Ecostar at the Melbourne Caravan Show.

We ordered another sliding door which was installed in 2021. The installers were great. Cleaned up after themselves. We've had a few issues and they've come out each time and fixed them. For security, we are very very happy. Very happy with the product itself. The locking system is excellent.

More security.

Today we are looking at two or three more windows.

Lothar and Verena Elbers
Lothar and Verena ElbersGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fully satisfied

Nemo Broadbent
Nemo BroadbentGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If you have intention to change your windows, everybody go for it.

Gregory and Eglantine B
Gregory and Eglantine BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Much better insulation thanks to great windows.

Great product. Great installation team. Little issue with covid related delay and keeping the customer up to date. We heard Ecostar advertised on Triple M. Installation was awesome. No mess. Great work. Great guys. 2 installers. 1 day installation. 2 french doors, 1 square window and 1 tall window. There's nothing I don't like about it. Coming from France we have experience with double and triple glazing, but have never experienced argon gas filled windows. They are good. Works great. Good build quality.

Better insulation. Less noise now. Less noise from neighbors, helicopters and birds. Today we are looking at the front door and two windows from Jared.

Good Quality Product and Service

Red Baron
Red BaronSouthwest, VIC

I'm Happy that I've been able to fix old windows that would have been a pain in the bottom to fix