Ecostar Double Glazing

See the Best Home Renovators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ecostar Double Glazing

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Return Claim MadeYes · No (25)
Mark A.
Mark A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hard sales pitch

I had an appointment to measure for a front entrance. When they arrived they informed me it was going to take 2 hours. I explained I didn't want a huge sales pitch, so the Rep rang his boss and explained that I just wanted a quote. His boss said see how you go. The Rep then tried again to go through his sales pitch. So then then asked him to leave, he then rang his office and the person on the other end tried the pitch with me and I explained that I just wanted a quote and if they can't do this for me they could leave, they then said fine and left.

Don’t want to know about problems

Great product until something goes wrong. Back doors jammed locked and they couldn’t send anyone out for three weeks. Had to engage emergency locksmith. Now for the third time in two years we have to engage an emergency locksmith. Not good enough after spending $34,000+.

Rates and Fees
Store LocationNo store visit. Home visit.
Sarah R.
Sarah R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I couldn’t get past the hard sales tactics. Horrible!!!

After 2.5 hours of an aggressive sales pitch, I was made to sign a “I do not want the discount “ when I firmly said I would not be signing today. I can see that some people would be pressured to sign without doing their research. There ARE comparable products and better priced. Abysmal outdated sales practices. Off putting to say the least.

Colby
ColbyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How many family emergency cancellations can be legit for a company of this size?

Been trying to arrange a quote for over 4 weeks. 2 hour appointment slots need to be made with all household members. Big time commitment which we have made twice now, only to get a call 30 minutes before our scheduled appointment to cancel due to family emergency. Twice. The second time we were quite annoyed and they said”its hard to arrange people for quotes” ummm that’s your job?
Waste of time!

No Other S.
No Other S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is a scam, stay away !!!!

Called the 1300 number on the website and the girl on the other side was mentioning double glassing over and over as if they are the only company providing double glassing these days. Fast-forward 5 min after asking my requirements for the quote they needed 2 hours for someone to come and do the quote and want the whole family to be available to give me a quote for a single bi-folding door. When ask why they need both me and my partner available for this she was like we want both of you to make the decision. When i mentioned that we both want the same colours as other windows and doors and a bi-folding door for the space she said they can't do it and hung up on me. Don't fall for this tactics of trying to force sell.

Store LocationOnline
Al!
Al!Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hard Sell reeks of scam.

I have not been that uncomfortable in a long time. The quote went on & on with promises galore IF I signed a contract on the spot. Who the hell does that?? 2.5 hours to see the back of the person who came into my home & took me for somebody who could be persuaded to jump into a contract. This is no way to do business & put me right off. NO SALE!! NO STARS.

J.M
J.MCoburg, VIC

Joke of a company

Mmminx
Mmminx

Stay away- this is a scam

The sales person does a sales pitch for 2 hours and will not leave your house without theatrics (I need to call my manager etc!)- the door and window samples are awful and the prices are easily 40% above market price.

Cass
CassVictoria

Strange and uncomfortable quote experience

Very bizarre experience when the Ecostar salesperson came to my home for a measure and quote. I genuinely went into the appointment interested in their product but after I told the salesperson I was happy to forgo the ‘single visit discount’ and would not be signing up on the spot, they became very pushy, refused to take no for an answer, and I had to lock myself in my study while he performed all sorts of calling ‘his boss’ theatrics until eventually he got the message and left. I have never felt so uncomfortable in my own home and however good their product is, their bizarre hard-sell tactics mean I certainly not buy from them

Rob
RobGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

WOW!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???

no service

We ordered our windows 8 months ago. still no delivery and what is more disappointing is that we have had no communications with Eco star at all. Poor.
Very poor. We paid the deposit and nothing more has eventuated.

Store Locationmelbourne
Neil
NeilGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great at first then the product fails and they disappear

Store LocationVictoria

Fake 5 star reviews, avoid at all costs

Store LocationChirnside Park
Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

they live in another world

dont know which world they live in
they ask me if i have family/partner? i told them them that my my family lives overseas and visit me sometime,
ecostar says even your family do not live but still u need to bring them here when we come for measurements and quote
unbelievable that it can happen in Australia

when i ask why its so important they answer its company policy (didn't tell what logic/reason behing even i asked)

Store LocationMelbourne

Nice product but not as effective as promised and poor follow up

We had five windows and our front door replaced by Ecostar last year. We live on a busy main road and were purely after noise reduction. The noise reduction is much less than expected. I have spoken to Ecostar several times and they have promised to send out someone to follow it up. Instead they sent a salesman who then said he'd organise someone to follow it up. I haven't heard from them.

The follow up to this post was someone in their office telling me the problem is not their product - it's my walls and roof. Their product is 'tested'. There must be a problem with the insulation in my walls and roof. I wish they'd asked me to check that before I spent a fortune on windows.