Ecostar Double Glazing

See the Best Home Renovators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ecostar Double Glazing

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Miranda Melton South VIC
Miranda Melton South VICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive, variable installation quality and repeated call backs for repair

Simon H.
Simon H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great but expensive product with archaic sales process and very poor customer service

Other Home Renovators

Graeme B
Graeme B

Beware of Ecostars Sales Tactics .

Mitch H.Ecostar Double Glazing
DCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Inflexible, outdated, interminably long sales technique

Mitch H.Ecostar Double Glazing
DC

As predicted, all feedback falls on deaf ears at Ecostar. You know you could change your sales technique, right?

Home Renovators

Find out how Ecostar Double Glazing compares to other Home Renovators

Pressure sales tactics and installation delays

Sales tactics are very similar to a car salesman....'hold on, I have to ask my manager if you can get a discount'...or...'discount is only for today if you sign now.
My installation date has been delayed...salesman said installation in 3 months...but management says contract says installation could be up to 5 months....so be aware of delays.

Mike CEcostar Double Glazing

old fashioned, high pressure sales techniques make me suspicious of the company

MrtfordGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Be prepared to wait

Apart form the expensive windows in the first place, the wait for them to arrive was explained from the start. Ok a 15 week wait for them to come from England. The insulation was great, quick, tidy and professional. But when I pointed out I didn't get the correct product installed I was told its not possible to get what I was originally sold. After many calls they said they can fix it. 3 months later and I'm still waiting for the fix. They will not get a look in on other replacement/extension job, that's for sure!

justins
justinsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad Company

I dont believe this company has the right values for long term business in Australia. The salesman came to our our house with a preconceived selling script and we were placed under enormous pressure to make a decision on the day. The product quality was good however the prices were hugely inflated . The sales presentation went for 2 hours...
The product Quality
The inflated price tag

Other Home Renovators

Goyo000Melbourne

Ecostar double glazing fails noise test

EcoStar claim that the windows can cut noise “by up to 80%.” The words “up to”, of course, is Ecostar’s escape clause. After having windows installed and finding that it had little impact on abating noise. With the windows closed I could even hear the birds chirping. After complaining, EcoStar explained that the windows were not particularly effective in brick veneer houses or ones with a metal roof, not facts that I knew or could reasonably have known. The company, however, did know this, and as the salesman had inspected my house, he was in a position to advise me that I could not expect significant noise abatement for my house. He didn’t.

Home Renovators

Find out how Ecostar Double Glazing compares to other Home Renovators

Phillip
Phillipasked

What is the BAL rating of your double glaze windows?

Gunny
Gunny

Hi Philip , As we live in the middle of a suburb that has never seen a bush fire , l considered the BAL as not applicable, You could contact Ecostar directly to acertain your individual requirements.

Hi Phillip
We are fully tested and compliant to BAL 40. We also comply to BAL FZ as long as external BAL FZ steel shutters are fitted.
Any more info, please call 1300 ECOSTAR
Kind regards
The Ecostar Team

Peter
Peterasked

I am only interested in noise reduction as I live on a busy road. Could you provide the RW rating of your various products?

Thanks.

Mike CEcostar Double Glazing

Sorry Peter, we missed this question. Our standard double glazed glass unit will eliminate 80% of external noise. If acoustic glass is used in the unit, them almost 100%.
Kind regards
The Ecostar Team

Bernard
Bernardasked

How much does a standard room window cost?

John Reynolds
John Reynolds

Ni Idea Bernard. I didn't buy the windows.

Hi Bernard
There are no standard room windows. All Ecostar double glazed windows are individually made to measure for maximum thermal efficiency and noise reduction. The price for the window depends on your choice of design, opening option, double glazed unit spec, colour and much more. That is why we offer free quotations in the comfort of your own home. When you have made your choices, we will leave you with an itemised quotation there and then. To arrange a free quote, call 1300 ECOSTAR.

Jennimac
Jennimac

2 windows 2.4m wide each - $17,000 - after sales discounts ringing boss etc $8,900

See all Ecostar Double Glazing questions