Ecostar Double Glazing

See the Best Home Renovators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Ecostar Double Glazing

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Very good product

Sales process excruciating. Product excellent. Installation excellent. Offset the angst. We ordered 6 windows from Jared in June 2020. We replaced our windows due to the heat from the northerly sun. It has been pretty good for thermal control. Noise reduction a bonus I hadn't expected to be so good. The installers were exceptional. Here for 1.5 days. Two installers. Extremely good. Tidied up. Cleaned up. Today we are looking at another 11 windows upstairs. Want to make a better thermal balance and to not have to paint.

PLAKE
PLAKEGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING ECO STAR

Other Home Renovators

Don’t want to know about problems

Great product until something goes wrong. Back doors jammed locked and they couldn’t send anyone out for three weeks. Had to engage emergency locksmith. Now for the third time in two years we have to engage an emergency locksmith. Not good enough after spending $34,000+.

Sarah R.
Sarah R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I couldn’t get past the hard sales tactics. Horrible!!!

After 2.5 hours of an aggressive sales pitch, I was made to sign a “I do not want the discount “ when I firmly said I would not be signing today. I can see that some people would be pressured to sign without doing their research. There ARE comparable products and better priced. Abysmal outdated sales practices. Off putting to say the least.

Meeta J.
Meeta J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worth the effort. Good service.

We ordered 10 or 12 windows from Jared back in mid to late 2019. Around that time. We wanted to cut down on noise and improve insulation and also to be able to easily open them. The other windows were getting old. We heard Ecostar on the radio. We like the noise reduction, it is a vast improvement. We live on a busy corner with lots of cars and trucks going past. It really reduces the noises. Its a great change. The thermally performance has improved. The
ease of use is good. Easy to open. Look good. We find them solid. There were 4 installers who were here for a couple of days.

Colby
ColbyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How many family emergency cancellations can be legit for a company of this size?

Been trying to arrange a quote for over 4 weeks. 2 hour appointment slots need to be made with all household members. Big time commitment which we have made twice now, only to get a call 30 minutes before our scheduled appointment to cancel due to family emergency. Twice. The second time we were quite annoyed and they said”its hard to arrange people for quotes” ummm that’s your job?
Waste of time!

No Other S.
No Other S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is a scam, stay away !!!!

Called the 1300 number on the website and the girl on the other side was mentioning double glassing over and over as if they are the only company providing double glassing these days. Fast-forward 5 min after asking my requirements for the quote they needed 2 hours for someone to come and do the quote and want the whole family to be available to give me a quote for a single bi-folding door. When ask why they need both me and my partner available for this she was like we want both of you to make the decision. When i mentioned that we both want the same colours as other windows and doors and a bi-folding door for the space she said they can't do it and hung up on me. Don't fall for this tactics of trying to force sell.

Al!
Al!Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hard Sell reeks of scam.

I have not been that uncomfortable in a long time. The quote went on & on with promises galore IF I signed a contract on the spot. Who the hell does that?? 2.5 hours to see the back of the person who came into my home & took me for somebody who could be persuaded to jump into a contract. This is no way to do business & put me right off. NO SALE!! NO STARS.

J.M
J.MCoburg, VIC

Joke of a company

Mmminx
Mmminx

Stay away- this is a scam

The sales person does a sales pitch for 2 hours and will not leave your house without theatrics (I need to call my manager etc!)- the door and window samples are awful and the prices are easily 40% above market price.

Neville Arathoon
Neville ArathoonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quality

Quality Windows

Good strength

95% maintenance free. Just give it a rub down every now and then.

Excellent from a thermal perspective. Noise reduction good. Australian standards are 3 mil glass, 10 mil gap and then 3 mil glass. The Ecostar one with 4 mil glass, 20 mil space and 4 mil is suitable for Australian standards.

I saw Ecostar at the shopping centre in Endeavour Hills. Office were fine. Quote process with Jared was fine. Fully explanatory. Laid out clearly what you are getting.

Other Home Renovators

Two hours of quote process

Two hours presentation and induction on their company history, product, and safety.
Must have my partner with me. Product is from UK so it takes 20 weeks to be installed. All for a bifold door... a little over the top.
I am sure it will also be more expensive than others out there. I wouldn’t know as I stopped the ‘induction’ half way.

I am also sure they say I’m not the right customer because I refused the presentation. I feel sorry for the salesperson.. what a hard way to make a sale.

Does anyone else notice a pattern of ‘glowing reviews’ after each bad ones such as mine?

Cass
CassVictoria

Strange and uncomfortable quote experience

Very bizarre experience when the Ecostar salesperson came to my home for a measure and quote. I genuinely went into the appointment interested in their product but after I told the salesperson I was happy to forgo the ‘single visit discount’ and would not be signing up on the spot, they became very pushy, refused to take no for an answer, and I had to lock myself in my study while he performed all sorts of calling ‘his boss’ theatrics until eventually he got the message and left. I have never felt so uncomfortable in my own home and however good their product is, their bizarre hard-sell tactics mean I certainly not buy from them

Rob
RobGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

WOW!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???

no service

We ordered our windows 8 months ago. still no delivery and what is more disappointing is that we have had no communications with Eco star at all. Poor.
Very poor. We paid the deposit and nothing more has eventuated.

Phillip
Phillipasked

What is the BAL rating of your double glaze windows?

Gunny
Gunny

Hi Philip , As we live in the middle of a suburb that has never seen a bush fire , l considered the BAL as not applicable, You could contact Ecostar directly to acertain your individual requirements.

Hi Phillip
We are fully tested and compliant to BAL 40. We also comply to BAL FZ as long as external BAL FZ steel shutters are fitted.
Any more info, please call 1300 ECOSTAR
Kind regards
The Ecostar Team

Peter
Peterasked

I am only interested in noise reduction as I live on a busy road. Could you provide the RW rating of your various products?

Thanks.

Mike CEcostar Double Glazing

Sorry Peter, we missed this question. Our standard double glazed glass unit will eliminate 80% of external noise. If acoustic glass is used in the unit, them almost 100%.
Kind regards
The Ecostar Team

Bernard
Bernardasked

How much does a standard room window cost?

John Reynolds
John Reynolds

Ni Idea Bernard. I didn't buy the windows.

Hi Bernard
There are no standard room windows. All Ecostar double glazed windows are individually made to measure for maximum thermal efficiency and noise reduction. The price for the window depends on your choice of design, opening option, double glazed unit spec, colour and much more. That is why we offer free quotations in the comfort of your own home. When you have made your choices, we will leave you with an itemised quotation there and then. To arrange a free quote, call 1300 ECOSTAR.

Jennimac
Jennimac

2 windows 2.4m wide each - $17,000 - after sales discounts ringing boss etc $8,900

See all Ecostar Double Glazing questions