4.2 from 1,258 reviews

Dave

DaveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Chinese Junk

Bought a Bamur-AG mower which looked good and ran well, for a while.
After about 18 months and very light usage ( maybe 20 - 22 mows of a small lawn) the recoil starter packed up. No option but to buy a new starter - at a cost of $62. This raises the question of how long the new unit will last, and will parts be available in the future ?. Agree with other reviewers that this is cheap Chinese junk.
If considering buying a mower do yourself a favour, go to the big green box or your favourite hardware store, pay a bit more, and get a decent product.

Kieran MHunter Region, NSW

Warning - Do not buy a power product from Edison

I have a 2016 Mower bought from Edison and I need a new Air Filter.
Other parts like spark plugs, blades etc are easy enough to get anywhere but if you need anything specific they won’t stock beyond 2 years citing minimum “consumer law” requirement to do so.
Darren provided little to no specific information, then he tried to get me to buy an entire new mower...
You get what you pay for, Chinese junk mowers, bad after sales assistance and shady business practice.
Next time I’ll buy a reputable brand from a seller that can be trusted to offer support when you need it.
There are other Bad Reviews on here, you have been warned about Edison’s....

jeff b.

jeff b.South East Queensland, QLD

Insulting and terrible service

i purchased an expensive stump grinder expecting it to be good, but obviously made in china i should have known better, twice the cost of other stump grinders at $1695, cables no good , accelarator slips, brake sticks, then the teeth packed up after only 2 small stumps, so i ordered new teeth almost $200, 3 weeks later they never arrived, they were sent to perth, i was bounced around between Darren and Alan , they are refusing to refund me, and now i cannot purchase replacement teeth so the machine is useless, yet they have a dont give a damm attitude,, but people always change when they meet up with me in person,

Ben

BenSouthwest, VIC

Mower

Bought a mower that barely worked. Edisons tried to run me around with little fixes etc despite being a new product that shouldn't need fixes. Doesn't start at all now and have been complaining since the mower was basically new but Edisons don't obviously back up their warranty. Seems like this product was absolute junk.

Ant

Ant

Deceptive Listings

Purchased the following item:

MTM 62CC Pole Chainsaw Petrol Chain Saw Brush Cutter Brushcutter Tree Pruner

Package turned up without brushcutter attachment. I requested they send it out however they refused saying it wasn't included. When I questioned them as to why it was included in the listing description if it wasn't included they advised that I shouldn't purchase an item based on the listing description and should read the full description more thoroughly.

Tony

TonyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Edison Don't Honour Warranties!

Don't buy from this Company ! I brought a wet vac from Edison's via eBay,- and the electric motor failed within the warranty period . I contacted Edison's 7 times via my eBay account,- and Edison's have not responded to all 7 of my emails ie not responded at all.

Failure to honour warranty

Edison’s sold me an electric lawnmower. The battery was faulty and wouldn’t take a charge. They refused to replace it despite it being faulty within 12 months. Do not buy from them.

Euan Matheson
Euan Matheson

DavidSydney, NSW

The quality doesnt get any worse than this Baumr AG Line Trimmer from Edisons.

Bought a Baumr AG 40v line trimmer. Terrible quality chinese made toy. Died right after the 1 yr warranty period expired. No parts to repair. No replacement available. Cant get through on phone support. Getting the run around on email. Straight in the bin. What a waste. Only used once a month for about 15min. Do yourself a favour, spend a few extra bucks and get a proper quality tool from your local hardware store with 6 years warranty thats actually going to last.

Mark Jones

Mark JonesNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Not Happy!!!

Emailed Edison’s to enquire and request a part for my broken mower still waiting for a response from 4 months ago and again 2 months ago tried ringing unable to get through. Very poor customer service but are quick on shipping and taking your money otherwise after service a big thumbs down

Emily G.South East Queensland, QLD

Not happy at All!!!!

Mills BrandsEdisons

Could you please provide us with your order details and we will check it further.

Poor customer service

Edisons and the freight company were not contactable by phone. I wanted items to be left near my front door if I wasn't home. I was told by Edisons that if the freight company doesn't leave it at my door then I'm responsible for re-delivery costs. Delivery distance is only 12 kms and cost > $100 for a $220 product. GIven that neither company is contactable by phone in real time - this is incredibly poor. Also Edisons offer 15% bonus discount for first order on their website which they don't honour if product is already on sale - but they don't tell you this which is misleading.

Michael
Michael

KamSydney, NSW

Worst Service

Kumar N.

Kumar N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Bad Experience !! Do not recommend

Mills BrandsEdisons

The customer has received his order in full within our Standard Delivery timeframe.

William AugostisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Greatest heap of s??t I have ever bought.

Mills BrandsEdisons

We have been contacting this customer to resolve the issue.

William Augostis

The offer you made me of a discount on a replacement mower is not good enough. I want my money back.

queenslanderSouth East Queensland, QLD

Painful purchase experience, go elsewhere!

It is hard to believe that Edisons actually has positive reviews.
I purchased a petrol pump which was too heavy for Australia Post to deliver so I had to drive 40 min round trip to the post office to collect it.
Pump was faulty and another headache to get Edisons to arrange courier to pick it up as it is too heavy for Australia Post (28kg)
They then delayed providing a refund for over 2 weeks after receiving the pump so I phoned ebay to step in and provide the refund.
I would not reccomend Edisons to anyone after this experience.

Mills BrandsEdisons

Sorry to hear that. Kindly provide us with your order details so we can further check what happened.

PeterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Jet-USA 3800PSI Electric High Pressure Washer / Purchase cancelled with no explanation or refund

Peter

2 weeks have now passed and I have still not had a reply from Edisons. I have left a review on their website, but the Company reviews for "moderation" prior to posting. Will be interesting to see if my review is posted on their website.

Mills BrandsEdisons

Hi Peter, we sent you an email on 24 December 2019 regarding the status of your order however, we have not received any response from you. We would appreciate if you can respond to our email in order for us to assist you with your concern.

chrisDarling Downs, QLD

prp-o2 water pump

Kris

KrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

SX92 92cc Fraud

SX92 mkII 92cc chainsaw is only a 70.6cc saw. Bore is 50mm and stroke is 36mm. Proof can be found here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/g55mx2r4cl4oqt5/YouCut_20191203_173635491.mp4?dl=0

I have contacted Edisons to inform them they are in breach of Australian Consumer Law by providing a false description. They refuse to issue a refund unless I send the chainsaw back at which point I am sure they will sweep it under the rug.

The chainsaw developed a fault otherwise I would have never known. I will be inspecting other small engines I have purchased from them.

Mills BrandsEdisons

This customer has been provided a full refund and the matter is now resolved.

Andrew B.

Andrew B.Sydney, NSW

No phone support

I would agree with the previous comments about no phone support. I believe this is detrimental to the company. I'm just not going to buy from a company that insists on email correspondence only. This not only makes it hard to decide on the product you might like to buy, but also if a problem comes up after purchase. I would have thought a quick 1 or 2 min call would have been worth a few hundred dollars to a company - apparently not.

Rubbish warranty and spare parts

Be warned on buying anything from edison, no after sale support or parts available!! Still waiting over 3 months for help for a part from a item that we purchased 1 year ago. Terrible

Mills BrandsEdisons

Could you please provide your order reference details so that we can investigate this further for you?

We hope to resolve this for you as soon as possible.

Erica Wasked

I am beginning to worry after reading the reviews I have ordered a Proflex recumbent exercise bike through
My deal.com how long are you going to take to despatch?

I wouldn’t Erica,

Poor after sales service..

Best of Luck, Stay Safe

: )

Erica W

Do you mean you wouldn’t order, because I already have ordered and paid.
You stay safe also.

nico
nico

The item I bought worked well and at a good price. My only issue was the time it took to be delivered. However it was essentially my fault as I didn't realise what pre-sale meant. Overall I have no problems with the seller.

Nick M

Nick Masked

edisons pumps , how to remove impeller. can i buy puller tool . how much .

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your interest in our products

We sell few pumps in our website and puller tool

Can you please provide us more information about the pump you have to make sure we can offer you an item/part that is compatible with your item

Note that we can also provide you an instruction on how to remove/fit impeller

If you purchase the pump from us, please provide us order details so we can assist you further

We'll wait for your reply!

Regards - Keith

Janice Cloak

Janice Cloakasked

I have not received my goods as yet, it was shipped last friday,

Kam

Depends where the delivery address is. Did you purchase directly from Edisons or through Ebay? Within Greater Metro area? If so, you should already have emailed Edisons. What I have learnt is that it is better to buy via Ebay, so that Ebay can get involved in solving problems. I am guessing that Edisons will say they are going through a very busy period, hence the delay. In that case Edisons need to adjust the expected delivery dates before an item is sold. Customer Service at Edisons is very bad. Makes me wonder how it is they are still in business. Edisons management obviously do not care. If Bluestar is being as courier, ringing them is a waste of time. You will be on hold listening to a pre-recorded message for who knows how long. My advice: keep emailing and asking questions.

Hi Janice!
Your replacement should be on its way to you soon. Please do not hesitate to get back in contact with us should you have any further questions or concerns. We're here to help!

Get an answer from our members and Edisons representatives

Other Hardware Shops