Eftel

Eftel (page 3 of 4)

Brand Manager for Eftel? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Adequate Speeds Yes (1) · No (3)

Shocking technical support

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

Eftel going from bad to worse

Have been with Eftel for a few years now and the service in the past six months has gone from bad to worse. The last two months have been nothing short of useless. Constant loss of DSL connection or loss of Internet. Now sick of the constant complaints from my kids losing Internet when either on the computer or playing Xbox. Looking at getting a new provider.

Service deteriorating, increased drop outs.

Marty32
Marty32MELBOURNE

Avoid Avoid Avoid

Eftel were forced upon one of our small business by them purchasing Dragnet (a regional ISP in NSW). One week on and the ability to receive emails is still non-existant. Despite repeated calls and email to their Phillipines based support staff (who are very polite but just repeat the same jargon "it is with our network support team" or "it is with our advanced network support team") we still are nowhere.

really poor support, long wait times and you get the feeling that you are being fed garbage to get you off the phone

Mia5
Mia5AU

Worst ever

David NewtonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Slowest company ever!!

I signed up for Eftel's phone and internet package, which took 2 weeks to connect my phone, which was unuseable due to line noise. The internet didnt work at all, so more phone calls and emails resulted in it working at snails pace. After almost 2 months, I have phone service and still so slow internet. each complaint about the service took up to 2 weeks to respond until they finally accepted that what I was saying was true and a Telstra technician turned up unannounced and fixed the noisy line in half an hour. Find some other ISP and telephone service. My mobile is with TPG and I would have gone with them if they had a suitable package as their customer service is 10000% better than Eftel.

Exceptionally bad service

David Newton

Wish I'd seen the reviews for Eftel before I signed up. Difficult to do when you have no internet...

EFTEL

Service Degredation

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Big Noels
Big NoelsBrisbane

Terrible. After 1 month of repeated phone calls I withdrew my Duet Lite Application

I was attracted by the price and 10GB of Broadband as we are not big users. Signed up with AAnet but Eftel took over. After one month of answering repeated phone calls from Eftel and still no connection I gave up and cancelled. The right hand do not know what the left is doing. I was still getting calls telling me they needed information a week after I cancelled. Optus went ahead without a hitch. Still have mobile SIM with Eftel/aanet. It won't connect to email. I will have to ring again.

The right hand does not know what left hand is doing.

Don't do it

Terrible don't go there. Waited 3 weeks to get the net and customer service is awful. Was told I would get a tablet as part of the deal and they are out of stock and I will have to wait another 4 weeks. The tech support team are so rude and communication is awful.
Seemed like a good deal.

Long term eftel customer
Long term eftel customerNewnham

Useless website/customer service

You would think an company like eftel provider would have a decent website - I try to log on and regularly get time outs (my ADSL is fast, reliable and provided by another ISP) and there is no option to change payment methods online so you have to use the call centre. Big waste of time and completly unecessary.
Once it is set up it is OK
Hard to set up payments/ change details

Steve5428
Steve5428Melbourne

Worst Corporate Customer Service Ever Experienced

My mother who doesn't know much about ISP's got talked into a business plan after going over the limit on our residential plan download limit even though there were unlimited residential plans available that we could have switched to. Since changing plans I have been trying over a month and a half to change back to residential but there are never any people working in the business plans section even though it costs four times as much per month as residential. Absolute joke in terms of the NO customer service they offer business plan clients.

Hours on the phone and no result.

vincemili
vincemiliVictoria, Australia

Still wait for activation

They were happy to take my money for connection 2 1/2 weeks ago with no communication when the phone and internet will be up and running. Still waiting for it to start and called them today for them to tell me that it will be another 6 days (approx). Cant tell me why and all they could say is that the guy who signed me up should have told me this.. Not a great start and very unhelpful on the phone

Rachael45
Rachael45Lane Cove

3 weeks and still waiting for modem

Signed up 3 wks ago and still waiting for modem. Called last week and was told sales person hadn't actioned the software delivery. Told it would arrive yesterday 2/10 and called today to be told it will arrive 8/10. Seems like they are just adding a wk to what every date I call!!

Still haven't got it after being told 3-5 wk days for modem and 1-14 days for connection.

Beware of Eftel

Omid AuditoreSYDNEY

I will tell you why this is crappest internet

As everyone else wrote negative things about EFTEL, they are right. I got the same issue and it is terrible. I know the reason why some people wrote good things and excellent things about it, it is because they are from the EFTEL company people and they get payed to write positive things. As you can notice, those people have a background picture of not their face but a place. So no one can tell who they are, there are Beds, Poster signs, Guest with no picture, absolutely liers.

Worst internet connection!

Omid Auditore

Your wecome Joe Hart, though I understand what you mean Edamse, but the reason why it went good for you because that company once was the owner, though later another company bought it and stuffed the whole thing up!!!

EFTEL / CLUB TELCO - Customer experience depends on customer attitude.

BaldyAussie
BaldyAussie

Worst.Ever.Cheap for a reason, you get what you pay for...

Kimmy22
Kimmy22SYDNEY

Worst customer service ever!

Paid money to set up broadband for my elderly mother. They took my money straight away, no questions asked.
Then they informed us that they couldn't set up broadband for my mother due to system requirements and they would refund my money.
I have been struggling to get my money back or to get someone to speak to me to advise what's happening with my refund.
They sporadically email me to request extra information that they require to issue my refund - my bank details, a letter signed by me, a letter signed by my mother.

Terrible customer service

Cr*pest of the cr*p

During a recent outage that lasted two days they wouldn't admit anything was wrong, just fobbed me off and treated me as though I was stupid. They continually add extra fees and charges and even when they're in the wrong find a way not to pay up.

Bad bad service, hidden extra fees.

Do not go with EFTel - they are terrible.

Disgusting Customer Service and Unprofessional

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

Eftel is a hoax - worst ever

Come on guys they're not THAT bad...

I have been with them for more than 12 months and must say that they're not that bad. Internet is fast and cheap, customer centre is based somewhere far away but they are always there 24/7, and they are friendly and professional.

The majority of previous reviews are quite negative, but I can't really recall any issues I have had with them. There was 1 major outage like 6 months ago and in that time there was no connection for 2 days.
cheap and fast, call centre available 24/7

Fleur52
Fleur52Perth

Always good for me

Been with them for at least ten yrs, back then it was bad mama. never had any problems, always been able to contact them, they give free help and sort problems out straight away, also don't get all the scam mail that other people (and work email) have problems with.
Reliable and helpful, no junk mail. Supporting Aussie company!

prettyhappy
prettyhappyBRISBANE

Not quite sure why all the negative reviews. Eftel has been good for me.

To that person who stayed with Eftel for 10 years despite their negativity towards them, why? You can leave at any time.

I have actually been very happy with them and they aren't as cheaper as what most reviewers are saying. Customer support has been good for me and connection was fast and simple.

The only negative I have is that they took $30 out for line rental before it had even been connected. Their billing and payment information isn't clear-cut but can't complain too much. I haven't been ripped-off yet.

I will recommend to family and friends. Can't do the same for Telstra or TPG.
Fast connection and customer suppost has been able to help me when needed.
Billing information not clear and no choice of payment method.

Other Internet Service Providers