Eftel

Eftel (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Eftel? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Adequate Speeds Yes (1) · No (3)
George Melbourne
George MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

was good now absolute crap

Been with Eftel for many years and was quiet good without any issues until the past 2 months we noticed a huge drop in download speed and called up many times to address the issue which could not be resolved .. Have changed to another isp and Internet is back to normal again ... MMD

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

Stay AWAY from this Company! BE WARNED!!

Pathetic

Not Internet more like outernet it really doesn't take twenty words to describe this service I could probably think of twenty words to describe it but not very nice

Worst customer service ever

I wanted to change landline provider and found their plan to be better than the one I had.
However dealing with the staff on the phones proved to be a nightmare. Not only is their command of English basic, their organization relies on the most absurd line of repetitions and layers of supervision that does not contribute to a better outcome but adds confusion and stress to the person on the phone spending hours for no reason at all. The amount of mistakes, omissions, poor business practices and sheer ignorance is bewildering. I thought I was back in the fifties in a remote Indian province.
The plan.
There is not one thing worth considering good at all, even their spelling is atrocious.

Nwin
NwinMelbourne

Worst Customer Service Ever

If I could give them zero stars it's still not negative enough. They're terrible. Not based in Aust, extremely rude staff, and all round a pain to deal with. They are not helpful and I would never recommend them to anyone. They took money out of my account with no prior warning, after undercharging me six months before anyone (myself included) realised. Only advice is stay away. Go local.
Cheap but nasty
Shocking service, take money from account without warning (when they undercharged me!)

John Craig
John CraigWagga Wagga

Eftel is killing my business

I have not had email service since 20th December 2013 and I run a business with staff in remote locations. We cannot operate and at the date of writing this review (14th January 2014) the problem has still not been sorted. Despite hours of phone calls and promises from at least 4 staff that they would ring me back only one of these did so. I ended up with some limited access but the problem was not resolved and the remote sites still had no access. This is the most frustrating business I have ever dealt with. It is a painful process to change suppliers but I am left with no other option.
When the service worked it was OK.
terrible customer service

AFK
AFKPeel, WA

Read all the reviews before signing up with this company!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
10 ways to improve your home’s internet connection

Does Netflix keep lagging? With the rain keeping more people at home, it’s not uncommon to see internet speeds slow to a crawl. Here’s a checklist of what to do to speed your wireless connection up before you call your internet provider.

Clara V.
Clara V.6 Apr 2022
10-ways-to-improve-your-homes-internet-connection

Best deal around.

Billy KanenineSouthwest, VIC

Staggering incompetence or rip-off merchants?

Andrew
AndrewPerth

Eftel is hopeless

Eftel have disconnected my internet connection three times over the last 12 months without warning claiming that I had not paid their acccount.This is despite an automated direct debit that has not changed ever since I made the mistake of signing up with them.and the money leaving my account each month and them sending the monthly reciepts of the same!
Hours of frustration spent explaining the problem to multiple call centre people with no explanation of from eftel as to why they keep making the same error.
Definitely the worst internit provvider I have ever had a contract with and I would suggest poeple steer well clear of them.

Worst company by far

Had problems from March 2013. No phone, either open or extremely loud static. I'd rung them nearly every week and they agreed it was an issue with there server (or that ever they use) but expected me to pay for the months that I had no coverage. Like hell. So now sorted (I hope). First thing I'm doing when contract is finished is going elsewhere. What to waste time money and your sanity then Eftel idiots are for you :-(
You know your smarter after you've got off the phone
You find that there is alway a worse company to deal with

you are no customer
you are no customerSydney, NSW

Deceiving Sales Gimmicks

cant recommend eftel

Keryn
KerynBuderim

Shocking - stay very clear!

Tristan
TristanVIC, 3032

terrible

WolfD
WolfDPerth

Abysmal 3rd world service

I have been a loyal Q-net/Eftel customer for 16 years. Everything was perfect until they closed their WA local operations and moved thier entire business into the Phillipines including their H/O. Now the service is 3rd world standard and below. Disconnected on a daily basis, slower then dial-up speeds on reconnect, hard to understand the help desk operators indo-english, and so on. This is now a Rip-Off, Stay away. I'm changing back to a local provider that cares about customer service.
When it was a local operation it was perfect.
It is no longer Australian and operates entirely in the Phillipines, having sourced thier money accounts in Australia.

Jono
JonoYass

Eftel the truth

The home phone is working great! The Adsl is not working at all... They are not able to provide internet after two weeks (they said it would be working after two days)... Their help is not very helpful as it achieves no results... Do not be tempted by the price if you want a hastle free experience.
Landline
Internet not functional

Shocking service

Eftel customer service is really appalling. I have waited 3 months now for ADSL2 and then ADSL1 and when I ring they know nothing more than I know. They promise to call me back and rarely ever do. When I email them, they close my support requests without doing anything.

Erich Schutte
Erich SchutteSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Good service? look again!

I have been with Eftel for many years and have had no major complaints. However, after switching to ADSL 2+, I have had nothing but problems. Download speed only 10 mbps upload speed 60 mbps and repeated delivery service. The latest was 7 days without broadband. For such a shoddy service Eftel is charging Top-Dollar. Well, No more and I hope some other users will take notice.
I have changed provider now. My download speed increased to 13 mps and upload speed is 80 mbps. What a difference!

Slow

Appalling Service

One week of excuses, one hour on to help line only to be disonnected. How do you sort out issues without bring able to make contact. Humm and Ethel are on the communication buisness Not good enough. Cannot pay staff or accounts cannot order stock buisness just stops, I have been with you for ten plus years and have had enough.

No emails

Eftel has not fixed their problem??? they tell me day after day that they have had no response from the people allegedly fixing their problem, their engineer as they call them.. you phone each day and they say the same thing, they are waiting for a reply from their engineers...
so who believes engineers dont reply to emails??

how can they be sending emails if i cant???

when you ring tech support they dont answer the calls, they let it ring out so you have to spend another 40 minutes again on hold..

i am leaving them, but it takes up to 5 days to get out of their system, and with the system down i dotn think they can possibly do anything..

avoid eftel...

Tot33e
Tot33eSydney, NSW

Terrible service and support by EFTEL

I have signed up with eftel and spend around 30 mins for this process. After 1 week I have received a confirmation (after calling them) that it will be activated in 2 weeks time. After 3 weeks, nothing has been done and found out that the service will not be available in my area. So basically i have wasted 1 month and finally got no result. Unnecessarily customer support staff spend lot of time in waiting and verifying information. Extremely disappointed with this overseas company. Please guys beware with this. You will defanately be disappointed.
Attractive Website
Support, pre-checking process before signing contract.

Shocking technical support

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

Eftel going from bad to worse

Have been with Eftel for a few years now and the service in the past six months has gone from bad to worse. The last two months have been nothing short of useless. Constant loss of DSL connection or loss of Internet. Now sick of the constant complaints from my kids losing Internet when either on the computer or playing Xbox. Looking at getting a new provider.

Service deteriorating, increased drop outs.

Marty32
Marty32MELBOURNE

Avoid Avoid Avoid

Eftel were forced upon one of our small business by them purchasing Dragnet (a regional ISP in NSW). One week on and the ability to receive emails is still non-existant. Despite repeated calls and email to their Phillipines based support staff (who are very polite but just repeat the same jargon "it is with our network support team" or "it is with our advanced network support team") we still are nowhere.

really poor support, long wait times and you get the feeling that you are being fed garbage to get you off the phone