eHarmony

eHarmony

1.0

• Interested in
  • Real Life MeetupYes · No (90%)

Sally

SallyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst dating app

They actually won’t let you to see their candidates pool and get an experience from the app until you subscribe. Once subscribe it’s a binding agreement and they won’t accept cancellation even if you request within 1 hour. Zoosk, Hinge offer great customer service which shows their confidence in their service. I regret trying e-harmony and I like to share my experience to avoid more people getting stuck with them.

Anniewho

AnniewhoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not sign up for this rip off site.

False ads drew me to sight - the promise of professional matching.
I am Bitterly disappointed, and angry at lack of customer service.
Do not sign up for this rip off site. Terms and conditions stated I could cancel at any time. But after requesting this I was told this applied to Us they throw in as possible matches are not in realistic distance, no photos and have not been on line for months - no doubt like myself are no longer using this useless sight..waste of time and money.
This sight delivers nothing

Absolutely horrific service. DO NOT USE

Don’t use this site.

Terrible site I signed up a year ago, Zero response rate from anyone, probably because everyone else knows it’s a rubbish site. Then to top it off I did find someone not on this site but out of pure luck elsewhere. However Eharmony then billed me for an entire year, something I never authorised.
Eharmony cause more harm then actual good service. Money clearly the only thing they care about.
Thanks for nothing Eharmony

Deceiptful auto-renew feature

Jayde G.

Jayde G.

Subscription scam- do not sign up!

I wanted to try the platform but unfortunately the matches were not for me. The introduction email stated I could cancel at any time. I had to email to cancel my account but the 3 day cancellation period is only for US residents. I am now locked into a 6 month contract even tho my account is deactivated. I’m paying for something that I’m not using. Customer service have not been understanding at all and each email has inconsistent messages. It has been extremely frustrating and time consuming. An evil company that goes against its intent to help people. Please do not use and save your time and money.

Tristan C.

Tristan C.South East Queensland, QLD

STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig G

Craig GShepparton

American rubbish

I stupidly signed up for a 12 month contract. It became clear early on that there are very few users of this site, particularly within 100 km of my country Victorian city. When I asked to be let out of the contract due to the lack of users, they replied I should expand my search to ACT and NT. Two problems with that; covid borders prevent that. Secondly, datng someone thousands of kilometres from me seems a little impractical. They refused to understand this, probably because they are in America and have no idea about Australia. Stay away.

Mel

MelHunter Region, NSW

Take your money!

same complaint from. Thought I signed up for 3 months with a 3 day cooling off period. Emailed customer support to say i wasn't quiet ready to be committed to a dating sites and was told I am locked in for 12 months and still have to pay. The matches are terrible. I can't delete the account and now I keep getting messages which is making me uncomfortable! Have been in contact with customer support again but haven't heard back! Stay clear of this site!!!

Scam stay clear

Signed up, like another reviewer wrote thought there was a cooling off period. Just separated and feeling highly vulnerable, signed up stupidly. Realised after second day that I was
Far from ready to be out looking again. This company take advantage of people who are vulnerable and in a week stage of their livers. It is extremely sick to take advantage of people in this stage of their lives. Even tried to plead my case, response was basically you should have read the terms and conditions. No compassion nor care. Now stuck with 12 months, even if you meet someone on there you still have to pay your subscription. Such a crock. STAY AWAY PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca

RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgrace

Helena R.

Helena R.South East Queensland, QLD

Deception followed by Theft

Signed up for 3 months only, very few people on the platform. When I emailed to delete the account I was already locked out of, they responded by thanking me for joining up. I emailed again, this time they said I had signed on for a year (generic legal letter) and could opt to delete the account but would still owe them a year's subscription and initiated payment that day! Outright theft, - I've had to report CC stolen.

My profile is still up for users to see, but unable access account to delete it. Don't waste your time and money.

Brian

BrianPerth, WA

Waste of time

Originally sold on its “genuine” matching.
Uses an algorithm to determine matching based upon a substantial number of questions.

However Most profiles never read messages let alone respond to messages.

Save your money.

Rip off

Expected to be able to meet someone that appeals. Subscribed as you can't see anything without paying them and changed my mind requesting cancellation in less than 10 hours - they want to hold you to a lengthy subscription, even when there is a cooling off period in T&C

Site difficult to use

Stay away total rip off

Catherine

Catherine

Bad customer service

I joined and looked at this site for less than 24 hours. I emailed them to cancel my subscription immediately which they refused to do and said I committed to 12 months....I thought there was a cooling off period????Now I am stuck paying for a service that does not provide what I am looking for! Bad site! Do not join!

Absolutely deceitful

They scam you with huge autorenewal charges and do not reply to emails when you try to cancel. Their database is more deserted than Chernobyl. There is no phone number for contact and no one replied to emails. I hope karma catches up with the shysters at eharmony

Elizabeth S.

Elizabeth S.Sydney, NSW

SCAM SCAM SCAM

I have reported them to ACCC. They have a 3 day cooling period in their T&C but they refused to refund me when I cancelled within 3 days. Their database has non-active people who can't contact you. Their expensive prices means there is not many people there at all. Don't get scammed!

Michael K.

Michael K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Massive scam and it is nearly impossible to cancel your subscription.

Cancellation of subscription is a massive hurdle. It can't be done via website, only in writing. All the matches don't align with your criteria and none of the matches respond.

Nathan H.

Nathan H.

Seems dead, Ultimately a scam on the desperate.

Karen H.

Karen H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Financial rip off

You can’t see or amend your subscription in the app. The auto renew your subscription and you cannot stop it from the app, you get no notification. You get slugged a 12 month subscription which is over $500 . Disgusting