eHarmony

eHarmony

1.9

• Interested in
  • Real Life MeetupYes (10%) · No

Won’t reply to the emails and keep charging you for nothing not happy

Ring for partner just found scammers so I don’t really care for this site as I don’t get back to you when you ask them questions Not good at all

Unhappy Customer

Unhappy CustomerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Beware of this company

I selected payment for 1 month however the website incorrectly charged me for 6 months. I then sent them an email immediately to cancel my contract as per their 3-day cancellation policy (in their online terms and conditions) and they replied saying ‘I’m sorry you were not happy with the experience however we cannot refund you’. I was legally within my right to ask for a cancellation and refund. Report them to the Dept of Fair Trading and ask your card provider to decline any charges from them. They acted unethically and illegally.

Donkey kong

Donkey kongGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

perfect

Yes u have to pay. But if your serious about finding a relationship and take a bit of time u can find someone on this side. People are jus mad because there either gold diggers or wont someone in five minutes.

Dheera Jain

Dheera JainSydney, NSW

Withdrew money without my consent

Eharmony withdrew $310 from my bank account without my consent. They have an automatic renewal policy unless you cancel by sending an email beforehand. Be very careful and or better yet do not subscribe to this website.

eHorrified

eHorrifiedPerth, WA

eHarmony is Awful: Disgusting, Horrible 'Date' Experience!

Interested in Female and Male
Shane

ShaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This company is unscrupulous, sneaky and shameless.

Abbey

AbbeySydney, NSW

Just welcomed our first child into the world

I was over dating sites like tinder and decided to finally pay for a site that would match me with someone. eHarmony matched us and we met for coffee. Two years later we have welcomed our first child into the world and are happily married. I was very unsure at first but it really works

Real Life MeetupYes

Only subscribe if you expect to pay an autorenewal that can't be easily avoided

Kate

KateGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t waste your money.

After filling in the extensive questionnaire and being ‘matched’ with what eharmony see as your perfect man, I was very disappointed. Almost half the ‘matches’ didn’t have profile photos (which should be mandatory) and the rest were not even near what I would select. Total waste of my money. Use a dating site that allows you to scroll through ALL the available men in your criteria - not one that links you with men they think you’d like!

Keji

Keji

Dreadful matches and they refuse to refund

I joined this site because it had good reviews, was quasi scientific in its approach and has a good name.
Once I joined, I realised I had made a mistake. My matches are not compatible and are very low quality, 80% don't have pictures and are not people I would ever look twice at. total waste of money. I also contacted them immediately and then 3 times after this to cancel and they provide a copy/paste response without responding to my exact queries. Apparently you are unable to cancel the subscription if you do monthly. Just don't bother.

LiveTheAdventureLife

LiveTheAdventureLife

Would be ok if free. Has potential but major shortcomings that make it not worth paying for

Below is the matches I get. You have to click on them to actually see the photo.
Also you can't do any sort of search, other than ethnicity, religion, height, and distance. Want to search for someone with similar interests as you? Nope, not an option.
For me adventurous spirit is everything, yet I keep getting 95% compatibility rating with obese girls with zero mutual interests. You have faaar better luck with free apps like Bumble

Dauy76

Dauy76Perth, WA

Its true you can find happiness and love

This app helped me find my soulmate. I had success after 2 months of signing up and the lady I started talking to it was instant chemistry.We been together for 2 years now and were getting married January 2020. Thank you eharmony and the professional service.

Gary

GaryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Now updated!!! Total scam! Avoid at all costs

I accidentally clicked on a 6-month 'subscription' because the website was very confusing and seemed to offer month-by-month 'membership'. Shocked when my CC was charged over $220. I got in touch immediately but they refused a refund (I think their 'support' people are based in the USA because they seemed to know nothing about Australian law.) I will be taking the matter up with the ACCC.
UPDATE: After long discussions with EHarmony, they DID refund 50% of the charge and allowed me to keep the 'membership'. At least they listened

Andy

AndyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awful service and you have 99% compatibility with everyone

The app is awful. It is clunky and hard to use. I was matched with 99% compatibility with pretty much everyone. I had it set to not automatically renew. So it automatically renews. I contacted the help centre and it took ages for their customer service representative to actually cancel it. Expensive and a waste of time!

Maj

MajGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good and Bad

Zair

Zairasked

Hey I want to pay monthly for your membership

Not a happy customer

Not a happy customerasked

I was sucked into a 2 year contract and paying monthly. I emailed them back about the subscription to cancel within 30 minutes of subscribing. They responded and denied the request and told me to refer to the Ts and Cs, which clearly states a 3 day refund. I emailed them back to only receive the same "bot like" email. Now they don't reply to my emails anymore. I have contacted PayPal about the issue and they are unable to cancel the recurring payments. However, I am wanting to cancel and request a new bank card from my bank so they can't take anymore money, has anyone done this before and has it caused any issues with eHarmony or the bank?

Would love to hear back or other possible solutions!

foxyleese23
foxyleese23

That is exactly what I am thinking of doing today.

Sophie B.
Sophie B.

same this happened to me too

Jodie c

Jodie casked

Why can't I c my messages even though I have spent over $200 on this site for the first time ???

Other Online Dating Sites