eHarmony

eHarmony

1.1

• Interested in
  • Real Life MeetupYes (16%) · No (84%)

Won’t reply to the emails and keep charging you for nothing not happy

Ring for partner just found scammers so I don’t really care for this site as I don’t get back to you when you ask them questions Not good at all

Real Life MeetupYes

Too expensive and not worth it.

Too expensive and not worth it. very bad customer service, they only care how to sell, I have asked after 10 days to cancel my member ship, they send me email, we will charge you £65 and refund you £55.
I said forgot it don't cancel my member ship, they said sorry you have to pay for new members. Even i have not received the refund yet.
It bad site avoid, even you have money to throw away, not worth to spend any money on this site.

Don’t use this site.

Terrible site I signed up a year ago, Zero response rate from anyone, probably because everyone else knows it’s a rubbish site. Then to top it off I did find someone not on this site but out of pure luck elsewhere. However Eharmony then billed me for an entire year, something I never authorised.
Eharmony cause more harm then actual good service. Money clearly the only thing they care about.
Thanks for nothing Eharmony

Tristan C.

Tristan C.South East Queensland, QLD

STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig G

Craig GShepparton

American rubbish

I stupidly signed up for a 12 month contract. It became clear early on that there are very few users of this site, particularly within 100 km of my country Victorian city. When I asked to be let out of the contract due to the lack of users, they replied I should expand my search to ACT and NT. Two problems with that; covid borders prevent that. Secondly, datng someone thousands of kilometres from me seems a little impractical. They refused to understand this, probably because they are in America and have no idea about Australia. Stay away.

Brian

BrianPerth, WA

Waste of time

Originally sold on its “genuine” matching.
Uses an algorithm to determine matching based upon a substantial number of questions.

However Most profiles never read messages let alone respond to messages.

Save your money.

Michael K.

Michael K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Massive scam and it is nearly impossible to cancel your subscription.

Cancellation of subscription is a massive hurdle. It can't be done via website, only in writing. All the matches don't align with your criteria and none of the matches respond.

Nathan H.

Nathan H.

Seems dead, Ultimately a scam on the desperate.

Wilfred G.

Wilfred G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sneaky and unfair

Brian C.

Brian C.Sydney, NSW

wish i had read these reviews before handing over money

eharmony has no active members on their database, they are all expired members who can't contact you at all. Their terms and conditions say you have a 3 day cooling off period but when I cancelled within 3 days they wouldn't refund me with no explanations at all. Avoid at all costs.

Jay

JaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Eharmony is such a rip off and misleading in the way they bill/advertise.

Eharmony is such a rip off and misleading in the way they bill/advertise. Have asked to cancel and no response. Have sent another email asking about an unexpected charge by them and still no response. My bank suggested to cancel my credit card to stop further deductions. My bank will dispute the unexpected charges. Wish I'd seen the reviews before subscribing.

eHorrified

eHorrifiedPerth, WA

eHarmony is Awful: Disgusting, Horrible 'Date' Experience!

Gender Female
Interested in Female and Male
Real Life MeetupYes

Beware - Once you join you are trapped into unfair costs.

I joined this site 8 years ago and it was really good.
I joined again now but wasn't happy so I tried to get a refund straight away but was refused.
What happened to the cooling off period?
Beware, they are an overseas company and don't real care about you.
They take money off you and offer you no means of being able to get it back.

Misleading and Deceptive

Signed up for a six month plan. Then at some point, without my knowledge they switched me to a twelve month plan. So when auto-renewal came around they charged me double. Terrible behaviour. Will be going out of my way to make sure nobody I know ever uses this service.

Shane

ShaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This company is unscrupulous, sneaky and shameless.

Toni

ToniPerth, WA

Free trial just cruel

The "14 days free trial" gives you the ability to spend ages making a profile. Then when any match contacts you, you can't see their photo, and you get to say "Hi" back........and that's it. They reply and you have to pay to continue the conversation. How horrible. It's hard enough to do this already without seeming to be ignored by someone you reach out to. Shame on you eHarmony

Gender Female
Interested in Female and Male
Real Life MeetupNo

Eharmony don't bother with it.

e-harmony is a waste of time, expensive monthly fees & it has a few people signed up too it most are golden oldies in their 50 and 60's. The sign up process takes 30 mins and they want to know too much personal info that is more marketing purposes than for relationship purposes.
Conclusion: date waste your time or money...………..

Mick

MickPerth, WA

Biggest waste of money

Very little options , clearly everyone else on the site has realized it’s not worth it , bad platform free dating sites are set up better , total scam don’t waste your money

Real Life MeetupNo

This platform is absolutely rubbish

The aim of joining a dating site is to find a date and when you pay, you expect that the platform would facilitate that. The app is buggy: you cannot see the pictures of your potential matches. They bring in handful of potential matches; these handful matches stays there forever, and almost never get refreshed. And customer care is awful. Avoid it like plague.

Darren

DarrenDarwin, NT

Thieves don’t be scammed

Trying to contact these people they take your money for nothing in return. Beware this is a scam . Take your money elsewhere. Got locked out of my account can’t get back in they don’t contact you and can’t stop them taking my money. And no matches where we live .

Not a happy customer

Not a happy customerasked

I was sucked into a 2 year contract and paying monthly. I emailed them back about the subscription to cancel within 30 minutes of subscribing. They responded and denied the request and told me to refer to the Ts and Cs, which clearly states a 3 day refund. I emailed them back to only receive the same "bot like" email. Now they don't reply to my emails anymore. I have contacted PayPal about the issue and they are unable to cancel the recurring payments. However, I am wanting to cancel and request a new bank card from my bank so they can't take anymore money, has anyone done this before and has it caused any issues with eHarmony or the bank?

Would love to hear back or other possible solutions!

foxyleese23
foxyleese23

That is exactly what I am thinking of doing today.

Sophie B.
Sophie B.

same this happened to me too

Jodie c

Jodie casked

Why can't I c my messages even though I have spent over $200 on this site for the first time ???

Taylorasked

If you signed up to the contract can they take it further if you don't pay?

Hannah
Hannah

Hi,

I’m not sure. I would assume they will just keep trying to take it out of your bank account until the full amount is paid.
I have previously signed up and deleted my account within 30 minutes and they refused to refund me even though there policy states that they would.
I would honestly just avoid unless you can get a free trial

Taylor

I got sucked into the 2 year contract but I cancelled my debit card so they would stop taking money out but I told them to turn off the auto renewal subscription just wondering if they would take it further if I didnt pay

Philip L.
Philip L.

Taylor contact consumer affairs an make a formal complaint and seek advice

Other Online Dating Sites