eHarmony

eHarmony

1.1

• Interested in
  • Real Life MeetupYes (8%) · No (92%)

Anniewho

AnniewhoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not sign up for this rip off site.

False ads drew me to sight - the promise of professional matching.
I am Bitterly disappointed, and angry at lack of customer service.
Do not sign up for this rip off site. Terms and conditions stated I could cancel at any time. But after requesting this I was told this applied to Us they throw in as possible matches are not in realistic distance, no photos and have not been on line for months - no doubt like myself are no longer using this useless sight..waste of time and money.
This sight delivers nothing

Absolutely horrific service. DO NOT USE

Jayde G.

Jayde G.

Subscription scam- do not sign up!

I wanted to try the platform but unfortunately the matches were not for me. The introduction email stated I could cancel at any time. I had to email to cancel my account but the 3 day cancellation period is only for US residents. I am now locked into a 6 month contract even tho my account is deactivated. I’m paying for something that I’m not using. Customer service have not been understanding at all and each email has inconsistent messages. It has been extremely frustrating and time consuming. An evil company that goes against its intent to help people. Please do not use and save your time and money.

Unhappy Customer

Unhappy CustomerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Beware of this company

I selected payment for 1 month however the website incorrectly charged me for 6 months. I then sent them an email immediately to cancel my contract as per their 3-day cancellation policy (in their online terms and conditions) and they replied saying ‘I’m sorry you were not happy with the experience however we cannot refund you’. I was legally within my right to ask for a cancellation and refund. Report them to the Dept of Fair Trading and ask your card provider to decline any charges from them. They acted unethically and illegally.

Real Life MeetupYes
Mel

MelHunter Region, NSW

Take your money!

same complaint from. Thought I signed up for 3 months with a 3 day cooling off period. Emailed customer support to say i wasn't quiet ready to be committed to a dating sites and was told I am locked in for 12 months and still have to pay. The matches are terrible. I can't delete the account and now I keep getting messages which is making me uncomfortable! Have been in contact with customer support again but haven't heard back! Stay clear of this site!!!

Scam stay clear

Signed up, like another reviewer wrote thought there was a cooling off period. Just separated and feeling highly vulnerable, signed up stupidly. Realised after second day that I was
Far from ready to be out looking again. This company take advantage of people who are vulnerable and in a week stage of their livers. It is extremely sick to take advantage of people in this stage of their lives. Even tried to plead my case, response was basically you should have read the terms and conditions. No compassion nor care. Now stuck with 12 months, even if you meet someone on there you still have to pay your subscription. Such a crock. STAY AWAY PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca

RebeccaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgrace

Helena R.

Helena R.South East Queensland, QLD

Deception followed by Theft

Signed up for 3 months only, very few people on the platform. When I emailed to delete the account I was already locked out of, they responded by thanking me for joining up. I emailed again, this time they said I had signed on for a year (generic legal letter) and could opt to delete the account but would still owe them a year's subscription and initiated payment that day! Outright theft, - I've had to report CC stolen.

My profile is still up for users to see, but unable access account to delete it. Don't waste your time and money.

Rip off

Expected to be able to meet someone that appeals. Subscribed as you can't see anything without paying them and changed my mind requesting cancellation in less than 10 hours - they want to hold you to a lengthy subscription, even when there is a cooling off period in T&C

Site difficult to use

Stay away total rip off

Catherine

Catherine

Bad customer service

I joined and looked at this site for less than 24 hours. I emailed them to cancel my subscription immediately which they refused to do and said I committed to 12 months....I thought there was a cooling off period????Now I am stuck paying for a service that does not provide what I am looking for! Bad site! Do not join!

Absolutely deceitful

They scam you with huge autorenewal charges and do not reply to emails when you try to cancel. Their database is more deserted than Chernobyl. There is no phone number for contact and no one replied to emails. I hope karma catches up with the shysters at eharmony

Elizabeth S.

Elizabeth S.Sydney, NSW

SCAM SCAM SCAM

I have reported them to ACCC. They have a 3 day cooling period in their T&C but they refused to refund me when I cancelled within 3 days. Their database has non-active people who can't contact you. Their expensive prices means there is not many people there at all. Don't get scammed!

Donkey kong

Donkey kongGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

perfect

Yes u have to pay. But if your serious about finding a relationship and take a bit of time u can find someone on this side. People are jus mad because there either gold diggers or wont someone in five minutes.

Real Life MeetupYes
Karen H.

Karen H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Financial rip off

You can’t see or amend your subscription in the app. The auto renew your subscription and you cannot stop it from the app, you get no notification. You get slugged a 12 month subscription which is over $500 . Disgusting

Never never again!

I canceled auto-renew (and in doing so i was locked out of the very services i paid for!) if you don't cancel it will automatically turn over and renew your membership, in which if you don't realise in time you can't cancel and are then locked in for another period.
Beware!

GNF

GNFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outright Theft

I paid a 6 month subscription and i need to cancel auto-renew but info being provided is that, in doing so i'll be locked out of the very services i paid for. Calling this a rip off is an understatement, its outright theft
p.s the one star isn't even worth it.

Sara

SaraMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Avoid this site at all “cost”!

I was drawn to eharmony by the supposed science of matching, etc. As with everyone else, went through the lengthy process of filling out information, thinking this would be genuine and beneficial. The first 2 weeks I received notifications from eharmony and then nothing. As with others experiences, the only interest I received was from probable scammers. I tried to cancel my subscription but they keep taking money from you. I cancelled my credit card and then the money was drawn from PayPal. They suck you in for the first month with so called “matches” and then you receive no more notifications, but they continue to take your money. If they were an Australian company they would be banned from operating. Disgraceful!

kaylee

kayleeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

EHarmony is a disgusting rip off

Please read carefully before purchasing as they are locking you into a 12 month contract paying hundreds of dollars regardless. Clearly they have no faith in matching you with someone to have to lock you in for 12 months!
Say you did meet someone in the first month, what are you paying for the extra 11 for? It's a company aimed at making the creators richer and praying on those looking for love. I don't think you can get much lower than that. You are far better off going on Tinder or Bumble, it's free and MUCH better quality in choices! Shame on you eHarmony!

Gorgeous

GorgeousPerth, WA

Australian Customers - beware of deceptive, dubious "terms of conditions"

Jen

JenHunter Region, NSW

Unethical and Greedy company

Not a happy customer

Not a happy customerasked

I was sucked into a 2 year contract and paying monthly. I emailed them back about the subscription to cancel within 30 minutes of subscribing. They responded and denied the request and told me to refer to the Ts and Cs, which clearly states a 3 day refund. I emailed them back to only receive the same "bot like" email. Now they don't reply to my emails anymore. I have contacted PayPal about the issue and they are unable to cancel the recurring payments. However, I am wanting to cancel and request a new bank card from my bank so they can't take anymore money, has anyone done this before and has it caused any issues with eHarmony or the bank?

Would love to hear back or other possible solutions!

foxyleese23
foxyleese23

That is exactly what I am thinking of doing today.

Sophie B.
Sophie B.

same this happened to me too

Jodie c

Jodie casked

Why can't I c my messages even though I have spent over $200 on this site for the first time ???

Taylorasked

If you signed up to the contract can they take it further if you don't pay?

Hannah
Hannah

Hi,

I’m not sure. I would assume they will just keep trying to take it out of your bank account until the full amount is paid.
I have previously signed up and deleted my account within 30 minutes and they refused to refund me even though there policy states that they would.
I would honestly just avoid unless you can get a free trial

Taylor

I got sucked into the 2 year contract but I cancelled my debit card so they would stop taking money out but I told them to turn off the auto renewal subscription just wondering if they would take it further if I didnt pay

Philip L.
Philip L.

Taylor contact consumer affairs an make a formal complaint and seek advice

Other Online Dating Sites